Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Exedore
    Knowing OUAT, Monstro = Moby Dick = Rumple

Comment

I have had two Him theories over the last few days. One was pretty wild - Neal is not Bae, but another Lost One who came to know Bae extremely well and passed himself off as Bae. The end of that theory was that the real Bae is Him. But that idea went out the window when I saw the Lost Ones say Bae was not "the One", and when Rumple seemed to have a pretty good idea who "Him" really is. Hey, I would not even have considered that idea if the boy Bae looked even a little bit like the Neal.

So here is my new theory, until some spoiler or inside info proves me wrong (or one of you convinces me that this idea is too crazy). "Him" is ... Rumple's father. We don't know much about Rumple's father except apparently he was a coward and that he abandoned Rumple when Rumple was a boy. But that info was all through Rumple, who for his own purposes might not want to divulge what really happened.

Comment

^ And then we'll find out that Rumple is his own father.

Comment

Originally posted by Exedore
          ^ And then we'll find out that Rumple is his own father.

Didnt you hear? Belle dies. Rumple who cant stand to lose someone else goes crazy and gets a sex change to look like belle and goes back in time. while going back in time he wasnt completely healed so the surgery kind morphed and what we find out is Rumple is basically his Ex Wife so Rumple is Baes mother father and Hooks lover.

Comment

Know who would be good as Peter Pan if he was younger? The guy who plays Norman Bates on Bates Motel and Charlie from Tim Burtons Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Just a little too old now.

Comment

Yeah, ok you guys, make fun of my ridiculous notions - you'll be sorry, dearies...

Hey, if Rumple was his own father, would that make Rumple a mother ... ah, forget it

Comment

i think anything is possible. I just hope they know where they are going with the series.

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
                  i think anything is possible. I just hope they know where they are going with the series.
                  I hope so too. I get bummed when I invest time in a series and then they go into a direction I don't like. I wish they didn't drop Red. They showed this strong relationship between her and Snow and then nothing. Same thing with Jiminy. He starts off strong with good storylines and then nothing. In that regards, it makes sense to take the story away from Storybrooke in order to explain why these important characters are no longer being in the picture. I just wonder what screen time Belle will receive next year with the main cast in Neverland and her in Storybrooke.

Comment

It was the combination of too many subplots /characters and the actress getting her own series that lead to the cut. Though she would like to come back if her new schedule permits for an episode or 2 a season.

Comment

Several things:
                      1) The statement from Adam and Eddy that they gave in the article that was linked to earlier in the thread tells us that the role of Peter Pan is not going to be filled by someone we've already seen, as the role has yet to be cast

2) For anyone who doesn't know who Lord Ombra is, he's the main antagonist of the Starcatchers novel series by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson, and is, basically, the 'Master of Shadows'; he's able to steal a person's shadow and use it to control them. Felix told Hook that Peter Pan rips away the shadows of people who cross him, and we've already seen a sentient Shadow take the place of Peter Pan as the being who brings children to Neverland; both of these things point to Adam and Eddy taking elements of J.M. Barrie's classic character and combining them with elements of Ombra's character, as I mentioned earlier

3) The character of Felix fills the 'Rufio' role by being Peter Pan's 'right hand man'

4) Peter Pan is whom Felix referred to as 'Him'

5) It's already been said multiple times that Neal is Baelfire; it's ridiculous to assume that the writers are going to suddenly tell us 'surprise, we fooled you; Neal isn't actually Baelfire'

6) What happened with Ruby this season is that the writers' original plans for how the season's storylines were going to play out changed and evolved, and she therefore became less important to storylines than had been originally envisioned when she was made a regular. It had nothing to do with, as darkphoenix put it, 'the combination of too many subplots/characters', nor did it have anything to do with Ory going out for the Intelligence pilot (Adam and Eddy gave her the go-ahead to audition for the pilot because of the fact that the season's storyline had evolved in a direction that didn't utilize her).

Comment

Once Upon a Time Loses Its Little Red to CBS

A few excerpts from TV Guide:

TV Guide Magazine: Meghan, this sudden show change-a-roo comes as quite a shock to fans, but I suspected something was up when Ruby was missing completely from Once's finale.
                        Meghan Ory: Yes, I think most people were a little taken aback by this little secret surprise.

TV Guide Magazine: How did it come about?
                        Ory: It was all very crazy and serendipitous. I was under contract for Once, but there have been so many new characters this year that the storyline [executive producers] Eddy [Kitsis] and Adam [Horowitz] wanted to do with Ruby ended up not being able to happen because they decided to take the show in a different way. They are so brilliant, so when they were inspired they had to follow their amazing idea for what they wanted to do with Neverland. I hadn't been in a few episodes — my last was when everyone came back from New York — so I talked to the boys and asked them, 'What's going on? Is everything okay?' And they said, 'We love you, but we have this story that's so huge we don't know where we're going to put you at this moment.' So I said, 'Maybe I should look elsewhere?'

TV Guide Magazine: At the start of the season, it seemed as though Ruby in wolf form was going to end up as either a pawn of the Queen or Mr. Gold.
                        Ory: I think that may have been an idea at one point, but the [Neverland] story took on a life of its own, and you can only tell so many stories. Originally, Josh [Dallas, who plays David] and I were going to be together longer in Storybrooke, but I think they decided to bring the girls back sooner from Fairytale Land.
                        TV Guide Magazine: And ABC was cool with you going over to CBS?
                        Ory: Intelligence is on CBS but it's from ABC Studios, so they were happy to have me under another banner at ABC. And I still may possibly be doing more episodes of Once Upon A Time.

TV Guide Magazine: So we may have not seen the last of Ruby?
                        Ory: I'm a series regular on Intelligence, so we'll see what happens. And who knows what's happening with Once? I think everything is changing over there.

Comment

Originally posted by DigificWriter
                          Several things:
                          2) For anyone who doesn't know who Lord Ombra is, he's the main antagonist of the Starcatchers novel series by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson, and is, basically, the 'Master of Shadows'; he's able to steal a person's shadow and use it to control them. Felix told Hook that Peter Pan rips away the shadows of people who cross him, and we've already seen a sentient Shadow take the place of Peter Pan as the being who brings children to Neverland; both of these things point to Adam and Eddy taking elements of J.M. Barrie's classic character and combining them with elements of Ombra's character, as I mentioned earlier
                          I didn't know about Lord Ombra so I looked him up on Disney Wiki and it does sound like that is the direction they are going. If so, he would be a worthy villian for the "good" and "not so good" guys to fight.

Going with what you have already wrote, this is from Disney Wiki:

Lord Ombra is the new Disney Villain in ‘Peter and the Shadow Thieves’. He is considered part man and part shadow, although, in his own words, "I am not only on the side of darkness, I am darkness." Ombra moves like liquid, and speaks like groaning. He causes a chill to come over anyone he nears, because he is able to steal his or her shadow or possess them to read their thoughts and, sometimes, to manipulate them. Ombra fears light, but it aids him in capturing shadows. He is considered one of the greater "Others," villains trying to use powerful "starstuff" for power, though he is really tricking the Others into believing he is with them. He needs the starstuff to destroy all of creation, because then all that will exist will be darkness, such as him and the other shadow-things like him, with none of that nasty light to repel them.

Comment

@SteelyGal: It doesn't appear as if Adam and Eddy are directly adapting the Ombra character into the show, but instead creating a version of Peter Pan who has some of Ombra's characteristics combined with the characteristics that J.M. Barrie originally imbued the character with, which I personally think is brilliant.

BTW, I would strongly encourage people to read the Starcatchers series; it's excellent, and I can't wait for Barry and Pearson to continue it.

Comment

What if Peter Pan isn't attached to the shadow? And the shadow lives by itself in a way? Like the original stories..

Comment

There's no indication at this point that the Shadow we saw is directly connected to Peter other than being a minion of his the same way that Felix and the other Lost Ones are; the fact that The Shadow is autonomous is another thing that points to Adam and Eddy taking elements of the traditional Peter Pan character and combining them with elements of Lord Ombra's character to create a completely new take on the PP character.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎