Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "And Straight On 'Til Morning?"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of things coming out of nowhere (like someone mentioned earlier)...the whole concoction of Mother Superior's? That seemed almost as convenient as the sudden fail safe. Oh, it's the season finale...but fear not! Because little does everyone know, Mother Superior had been working on a concoction through most of the season...but failed to mention it to anyone?
    That was me. I did really like how they had Gold point out how sudden it all seemed. EK & AH had to know about the issues.

Comment

I decided to have a couple cocktails a couple hours before it came on, so I was a little out of it when it began. I just got done watching it for a second time to make sure the plot sank in.

I gave it a 6.

I will echo others here and say that I found it a bit anticlimactic as well. Here are my two cents:
      • I enjoyed the Hook/Bae stuff, but felt like The Lost Ones (or Boys) were poorly introduced. No names, just young men in hoods who can miraculously climb aboard a huge boat like Hook's without breaking a sweat? Yeah, right.
      • I also noticed their love of pulling things out of thin air, like Mother Superior's memory fix and how -- all of a sudden -- they tack on the fact that people born in the real world can survive the destruction. Whatever.
      • I also found Emma helping Regina a bit convoluted, too. Last I knew, she really knew nothing about magic aside from what she was shown, yet she just put her hands in front of the trigger like Regina and it was neutralized? Sorry, but I'm not buying it.
      • What was up with EVERYONE needing to go to Neverland, too? Emma, Regina, Hook, and Gold, sure, but what would David and Mary Margaret do? Emma's like a dog with a bone, so her going makes sense. Hook has to navigate the ship, and Gold and Regina would obviously need to protect Emma and Henry with their magic once they got there. Dear old mom and dad could've just sit it out, right? I mean, c'mon.
      • The biggest question I was left with was: How long has Peter Pan been in our world? Did he make it here before the curse was unleashed, and how exactly did he know what Henry looked like?! Henry wasn't even born yet. And yes, that could easily be solved with him (or the group) using a "Seer," but then that really doesn't make sense because if they used a seer, they would've also known Baelfire was his father and wouldn't have cast him aside like they did, right?

Like I said, it wasn't bad, but it certainly didn't hold a flame to Revenge's finale.
      Last edited by Aries83; 05-13-2013, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
        I decided to have a couple cocktails a couple hours before it came on, so I was a little out of it when it began. I just got done watching it for a second time to make sure the plot sank in.

I gave it a 6.

I will echo others here and say that I found it a bit anticlimactic as well. Here are my two cents:
        • I enjoyed the Hook/Bae stuff, but felt like The Lost Ones (or Boys) were poorly introduced. No names, just young men in hoods who can miraculously climb aboard a huge boat like Hook's without breaking a sweat? Yeah, right.
        • I also noticed their love of pulling things out of thin air, like Mother Superior's memory fix and how -- all of a sudden -- they tack on the fact that people born in the real world can survive the destruction. Whatever.
        • I also found Emma helping Regina a bit convoluted, too. Last I knew, she really knew nothing about magic aside from what she was shown, yet she just put her hands in front of the trigger like Regina and it was neutralized? Sorry, but I'm not buying it.
        • What was up with EVERYONE needing to go to Neverland, too? Emma, Regina, Hook, and Gold, sure, but what would David and Mary Margaret do? Emma's like a dog with a bone, so her going makes sense. Hook has to navigate the ship, and Gold and Regina would obviously need to protect Emma and Henry with their magic once they got there. Dear old mom and dad could've just sit it out, right? I mean, c'mon.
        • The biggest question I was left with was: How long has Peter Pan been in our world? Did he make it here before the curse was unleashed, and how exactly did he know what Henry looked like?! Henry wasn't even born yet. And yes, that could easily be solved with him (or the group) using a "Seer," but then that really doesn't make sense because if they used a seer, they would've also known Baelfire was his father and wouldn't have cast him aside like they did, right?

Like I said, it wasn't bad, but it certainly didn't hold a flame to Revenge's finale.
        Point 1: I do agree that the Lost Ones were suddenly thrown at us out of nowhere. I get that they were trying to introduce us to elements of Season 3, but that's kind of unusual to throw at us. To be honest, I liked the introduction of Neverland in the previous episode. That really should have been the stopping point right there. If anything, they should have dragged out Bae's time in London (with or without the Darlings) and saved the Neverland "reveal" for the finale (IE made Henry's kidnapping into the portal coincide with Bae being brought into Neverland). But expanding on it like they did in the finale just has me confused. Not even suspense confused (like "What's going to happen next? :O), just confused.

Point 2: I forgot about that random fact! As far as I knew, the trigger was supposed to "blow Storybrooke off the map." And Regina's whole thing was to save Henry so that he wouldn't die once everything happened. But now we're being told the "blowing" up part was Storybrooke reverting into a forest...and people born in Storybrooke are safe? Then what was with Greg and Tamara's whole "We're willing to die for our cause" thing to Hook? Did they think they would keep him on their side by saying that or something?

Point 3: Yeah, for someone who just learned that she even WAS special earlier this season, she's really gripping onto her powers pretty fast. I mean creating a barrier around Gold's shop? Learning to neutralize the trigger with Regina? I betcha in mid-season 3, they'll be having her Shapeshifting too, despite the fact that it took Regina/Cora months to learn that one. But at the rate Emma is learning her powers, it should really only take her maybe 1-2 weeks.

Point 4: I agree, but it's something I could have seen happening as well. The moment they mentioned in the previous episode that they needed a boy, something in me just felt like it wasn't going to be Bae that they wanted, or any of the Darlings. It just makes sense that they'd drag that out a few years and make it a sort of prophetic thing so that Henry would be dragged into it somehow. And wherever Henry goes, he always has his entire family to follow him. Why? I'm not even sure anymore. I mean I could understand Emma/Snow/Charming...and I could even understand Regina, but Gold? Considering how into the prophecy he was becoming (the moment with him at the playground was pretty awesome), it was just an unusual last minute turn around that seemed unusual for him.

Point 5: I'm also curious as to where Peter's prophetic powers are coming from. Not to mention why/how Peter is using his shadow to commit evil deeds and keeping kids in Neverland against their will. Again...I feel like they pushed too much of it too early, and should have stopped right after the Shadow took Bae to Neverland and he met hook. That would have been the PERFECT place to stop and leave us with a cliffhanger.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonatus
          I liked the introduction of Neverland in the previous episode. That really should have been the stopping point right there.
          I agree, and I didn't mind that it wasn't the "story" we all knew as a child either.

Regina's whole thing was to save Henry so that he wouldn't die once everything happened. But now we're being told the "blowing" up part was Storybrooke reverting into a forest
          It almost seems like they changed something in the script and added that line about people born in the real world being safe. I wonder if it was a last minute decision?

I mean creating a barrier around Gold's shop? Learning to neutralize the trigger with Regina?
          I know, as if they are even comparable things to learn. That's what got me. On another note, why the HELL didn't Mother Superior step up before Emma did if she is SO powerful herself?

I mean I could understand Emma/Snow/Charming...and I could even understand Regina, but Gold? Considering how into the prophecy he was becoming (the moment with him at the playground was pretty awesome), it was just an unusual last minute turn around that seemed unusual for him.
          I agree, but I also think that he went because he was the only one who could operate the globe to find Baelfire and then Henry since they all share the same DNA, right? Still, it's like he flipped a switch and turned his evil side off and wanted to help, which gets old (When Regina does it too).

I'm also curious as to where Peter's prophetic powers are coming from.
          Like I said, how would he even know about Henry? During The Curse, the town was cloaked and there was no magic, so even he couldn't visit Storybrooke at that time to even know about Henry...Either he used a seer like Rumple did to escape having to fight in the Ogre Wars...or he visited Storybrooke after The Curse was broken and found out about Henry (and the others, possibly). Otherwise, it just makes no sense why he would know to look for a child that hadn't even been born yet.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎