11 21.15%

7 13.46%

1 1.92%

0 0%

2 3.85%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - This episode has failed this city.

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    I loved last nights episode.

The police know somebody else (Felicity) tried to hack into Merlyn Global to find out what the connection between Unidac Industries was.
    Thea and Roy know that the Copycat was the one that shot up Unidac and they have a connection to Merlyn Global.
    I loved Felicities lines that she said.
    We got to see more of the Island and it is leading up to the conclusion with Fyers.
    Malcolm knows Ollie is "The Hood".

New In Town
    Quote Originally Posted by super_j_man View Post
    I want to rewatch this episode before voting....there are a lot of things I want to see again.

But first impressions:

I wanted to love this episode and it did have some great moments but Lauliver plagued the episode with some bad ones. The sad thing is, I really want to like Lauliver. I guess I can buy Laurel realizing she has feelings for Ollie all of a sudden but she made it look real easy to go back to him despite their history and she also pulled a 180 from Tommy to Ollie. And what was with Ollie telling Tommy he was wrong for leaving her and then Ollie goes straight to Laurel and confesses his love. I realize this is the CW but if the show is going have relationship drama, at least make it believable. The way Tommy saw the two of them making love through the curtains felt forced.

Despite those moments, everything else I enjoyed. Felicity had me laughing at just about everything she said. Especially thing "I really do love him" when Diggle was taking her away from Malcolm Global. I hope Olicity doesn't become the next Chlark but I do like seeing the two of them together. They are very brother/sister to me. The Thea/Roy was really good and I liked the revelation about Roy losing someone. For once it seemed like Thea listened to her brother about the "Hood". Malcolm and Moira were both awesome this episode. I don't know whether to feel bad for Moira or not. She did get herself into this mess. The end scene with Malcolm and Ollie was tight! I liked the surprise on Malcolm's face when he found out the Hood was Ollie. We only got a few snippets of Quentin, but with what we got I'm glad it wasn't his usual "angsty" self. I loved his line about the "color coded arrows".

So yeah, this episode had it's week moments with the love triangle but thank goodness it was mostly b plot. The main plot was fantastic and I cannot wait for next week's season finale! If I had to rate this episode now, I would say 8 out of 10 (which is forgiving). But like I said, I'll give it a second viewing before I vote.
    I totally agree bout lauliver Ollie and laurel are Not Lois and Clark and I hate CW is kinda making them out to be

Forum Whiz
    Enjoyed the episode.

The island is getting nasty, with fyers proving he is a cold blooded killer. Slade, Shado and Ollie better come up with something quick before any more of them are killed.

The whole bit where Oliver and Moira are kidnapped, and it turns out to be Diggle, was excellent. But I still don't see how Oliver could leave his mom in that dark run down building. Well, I guess he knew where they were, even if she didn't.

The Arrow team infiltrating Merlyn HQ was fun. I'm with Oliver regarding Roy. Don't much like the character. Thea is prone to reckless behavior, not sure she is really walking out on the guy. It was nice to see her take up for Oliver with Roy, much of the earlier eps she seem to be really trashing Oliver a lot.

Laurel has had a long road this season, regarding Oliver. Oliver was jumping the gun a little thinking he might retire the hood. But it appears that is the only reason he hasn't pursued Laurel.

I really liked Tommy in the earlier episodes, and then less, and less after he started dating Laurel. He really should have walked away from that after Oliver came back. Not for Olivers sake, but for their past. It was always going to be weird and awkward no matter what Oliver said. It will be very interesting to see how closely he has been working with his dad. Does he have any idea of the undertaking?

Looks like the cops are on to Felicity hacking, not sure what will happen there. They might track her to the Arrow HQ. They won't find Oliver there, but may try and take Diggle down as the hood?

Malcom is really overboard, murdering 6 people in the beginning. Isn't his entire justification that his wife was murdered? And he so casually murders other people. It's still tough to believe this guy can catch an arrow. I also find it hard to believe that a guy who is suppose to be Malcoms age, and probably 20-30 years older than Oliver, can take him down so easily. It might be that Oliver was thinking, this is just my friends dad, and was unprepared for such a fight. I also find it odd that Malcom had something like 2 years of training, and can take down Oliver who had 5 years of on the job survival training with such ease.

When Malcom said "Oh No" at the end, I originally thought he was shocked it was Oliver. Or maybe he was worried since it was Moiras son, Tommys best friend, etc. But not really sure, as he doesn't seem to really care about people, they are just tools or chess pieces for him to play with.
    Last edited by NightHawk777; 05-10-2013 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Changed "Tommys age" to "Malcoms age", which is what I originally meant to type :)

Good episode. Didn't love it as well as last weeks episode. Ollie/Tommy/Laurel was all over the map. The Speedies and Moria/Walter too. Seemed like they decided to shake up all the relationships up this week. Liked Felicity/Ollie/Diggle working as a team. Ollie throwing the guy out of the elevator was funny. Also the way he kept running into people when he was trying to save Felicity. Favorite part was Laurel talking to her dad about Ollie. Ending was excellent. Sad Fei got shot in the head. Malcom's Oh No was great. Can't wait until season finale.

I can't believe the writers flubbed with the teraflop thing, it should have been terabyte. I won't say that ruined the episode but it was a facepalming moment for an awesome episode. The Ollie/Laurel thing was just bad...

Posting Pro
    A few more things...

Roy Harper had the funniest line in this ep:

"Your brother is kind of a wimp."

That line actually seemed a bit odd to me, considering the *very* firm handshake that Oliver gave him!

I have a bit of a problem figuring out where the writers are going with the Roy Harper/Thea storyline-it seems rather disconnected from the rest of the plot, not only in this ep, but in the earlier episodes as well. Hopefully they will connect the dots in the finale.

Also, why does Oliver seem to lose his kickass fighting powers whenever he's around Malcolm Merlyn? In last week's episode he took down at least six crooks in a minute or so, but the two times he's been up against Merlyn he ends up being kicked himself. I know it's a plot device, but it's kind of puzzling anyway.

Loved the scene where Quentin asks "Who is Felicity Smoak?" and the camera segues over to Felicity in the Arrowcave. It will be interesting to see if this discovery will have any significance for the upcoming action.
    Last edited by evaba; 05-10-2013 at 03:29 AM.

Just got through watching it a second time. I can't tell you how much I like any show without commercials!

Upon second viewing, Lauliver didn't bother quite as much. Although I still feel Laurel needs some better plot lines that just "the girlfriend" and Oliver making love with Laurel was just too fast IMO. I realized the second time that the only reason he went to her was because he thought he was almost through with being "the hood" but come on writers...we as an audience know better! We know that he's going to keep on being the vigilante and their relationship is still going to be a "dance". I just hope that we don't have to wait multiple seasons for her to find out his secret. We don't need a repeat of Clana...

Anyway I ready to vote now and I give it a 9! Solid episode minus 1 point for the Lauliver moments.

New In Town
    Quote Originally Posted by super_j_man View Post
    Just got through watching it a second time. I can't tell you how much I like any show without commercials!

Upon second viewing, Lauliver didn't bother quite as much. Although I still feel Laurel needs some better plot lines that just "the girlfriend" and Oliver making love with Laurel was just too fast IMO. I realized the second time that the only reason he went to her was because he thought he was almost through with being "the hood" but come on writers...we as an audience know better! We know that he's going to keep on being the vigilante and their relationship is still going to be a "dance". I just hope that we don't have to wait multiple seasons for her to find out his secret. We don't need a repeat of Clana...

Anyway I ready to vote now and I give it a 9! Solid episode minus 1 point for the Lauliver moments.
    That's exactly what I was thinking too. In my opinion they rushed the whole Oliver-Laurel situation. Why now at the end of the first season? I was expecting this to happen sometime in Season 2, it's just too early imo, especially when everyone here knows that he will choose to be The Vigilante.

As things stand now they have both said that they have feelings for each other and it will be kind of awkward if they break up again and continue with their "dance" in Season 2 as if nothing happened between them. If that's the case it will be rather boring to see the same thing happen all over again, where they just thread in one place. What were the writers trying to accomplish with this? Maybe emphasize more on the sacrifice that Oliver will eventually make ?

Other than that I really liked the episode. The whole interrogation scene was nicely played and the part in the elevator when Oilver pushed the guy's papers was hilarious.

Forum Whiz
    The island..it's one of my favorite parts of the show. Yes, we all know Oliver gets off the island at some point, but I still find the characters and situation very engaging.

I've really liked Yao Fei in this show, and not sure what to think now ...except

And we have Slade shot in the leg and Shado shot in the shoulder, which means Oliver is the last man standing out of the group. Fyers appeared to think so little of Olivers threat, that he only gets pistol whipped, while the others get shot. Shado and Slade are probably still very dangerous, but they won't last long in their condition. So, Oliver, I hope you're ready to slap some water

I wonder if Malcolm's oh no exclamation was due to moira threatening him if any of her family came to harm.

Forum Whiz
    The one time she threatened Malcom she would burn his world to ashes. But what can she really do? She has so many secrets, but I would think she would have already done something to stop Malcom, if she could. Maybe she could go to the police, but I don't think they can stop Malcom.

Posting Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NightHawk777 View Post
    The one time she threatened Malcom she would burn his world to ashes. But what can she really do? She has so many secrets, but I would think she would have already done something to stop Malcom, if she could. Maybe she could go to the police, but I don't think they can stop Malcom.
    There's a minute-long promo out there, and it shows Moira calling a press conference in which she admits complicity with an Undertaking to destroy the Glades and everyone in it. I have a feeling she's going to find out who Oliver is and that this is her reaction to Malcolm's attack on her family.... we know that it has to be from before the device goes off because the Glades are evacuating in the promos, and Roy is watching it in horror.

Oh, damn, Wednesday cannot come soon enough....

Incurable Postaholic RightWingConspirator's Avatar
    I said: About Malcom's "Oh No" comment....I think he's just pained over the fact that he's going to have to kill his son's best friend. Yeah, they're not best friends at the moment, but they were working on it, or so he thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by JDBentz View Post
    Considering they said the conversation between Malcolm and Oliver at the beginning of the finale will be a bit of a shocker (there's a link in the speculation thread for this episode, I think), there's gotta be more to it. Besides, why would he let Oliver wake up if he's just going to kill him? Why would he take the chance Oliver would escape and try to stop him again unless there's something more?
    Now that he knows The Hood is Oliver, he may try to convert him to his cause. He would rather do that than kill someone important to his son.

Board Master
    Now that he knows The Hood is Oliver, he may try to convert him to his cause. He would rather do that than kill someone important to his son.
    As someone else brought up on another site (I think), Malcolm tried to have Oliver killed back when he thought Oliver was the Hood the first time (before Oliver had Digg impersonate the Hood), didn't he? Why not this time? Also that person's idea: maybe he's trying to find out who else knows, who else is involved, who planted the Trojan (unless he thinks Ollie did that directly, since he knows Ollie was there) or wants to know if Oliver has any actual evidence that could be found after his death? He might torture Ollie to try and find out these things? I have no real opinions to his motivation myself.

Disregard post if I'm misremembering events.
    Last edited by Liriel; 05-10-2013 at 06:26 PM.

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liriel View Post
    As someone else brought up on another site (I think), Malcolm tried to have Oliver killed back when he thought Oliver was the Hood the first time (before Oliver had Digg impersonate the Hood), didn't he? Why not this time? Also that person's idea: maybe he's trying to find out who else knows, who else is involved, who planted the Trojan (unless he thinks Ollie did that directly, since he knows Ollie was there) or wants to know if Oliver has any actual evidence that could be found after his death? He might torture Ollie to try and find out these things? I have no real opinions to his motivation myself.

Disregard post if I'm misremembering events.
    He did try to have Ollie killed when the Police had him under house arrest it wasn't until Diggle impersonated the "Hood" that he believed Ollie wasn't the "Hood".

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast