No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Darkness On The Edge Of Town?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Halberdier17
    He did try to have Ollie killed when the Police had him under house arrest it wasn't until Diggle impersonated the "Hood" that he believed Ollie wasn't the "Hood".
    Good, I thought so. So not killing Ollie because he's Tommy's friend doesn't make a lot of sense, since he was willing to have him killed before. I can't believe I'd actually forgotten Malcolm had done that. Also brought up was the idea that if Oliver is the Hood, then Malcolm might think Moira has turned against him, and she knows a lot. Of course, she did shoot the Hood, so he might not automatically think she is Oliver's accomplice. Unless he thinks the shooting was faked and the blood planted?

Comment

If it hadn't been for the Oliver/Laurel fiasco this episode would have been pretty perfect. Going back to your ex is like putting on your dirty clothes after you take a shower. It's just tacky.

Anyway, I hope Oliver ends up kicking Malcolm's smarmy behind next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
        He did try to have Ollie killed when the Police had him under house arrest it wasn't until Diggle impersonated the "Hood" that he believed Ollie wasn't the "Hood".
        I might have missed that episode; I don't remember that al all. However, his attitude towards Oliver might have changed, now that he (Malcolm) and Tommy are on better terms. It's also possible that he's worried about what Moria will do is Oliver dies.

Comment

I might have missed that episode; I don't remember that al all.
          Fifth episode, I think. Oliver's under house arrest.

However, his attitude towards Oliver might have changed, now that he (Malcolm) and Tommy are on better terms
          Well, it might've, but Tommy and Oliver are on worse terms now. Who knows. I have to say that I really don't think his son's friendship with Oliver would be enough to keep Oliver alive - there'd have to be another reason. The plan is closer to completion now - Walter only got kidnapped instead of killed like Robert. But Walter knew a lot less, and knew nothing about Malcolm. And, as Malcolm basically acknowledged, if Walter had known anything, the agreement with Moira would not have kept him alive.

It's also possible that he's worried about what Moria will do is Oliver dies.
          It certainly is. He killed Robert and would have killed Walter, but it's definitely feasible that he thought he could control Moira after multiple-husband-deaths better than he'd be able to control her after killing one of her children. But I'm not sure - after all, she already thought he had Oliver killed before on the boat, and she (from his perspective) fell into line after that. But then, I guess that was more of a side-effect thing, since it was really Robert he was trying to kill. But if he's planning to kill Oliver, then he better make sure he has Thea before Moira finds out. Or take out Moira, too.
          Last edited by Liriel; 05-11-2013, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Great episode and gave it a ten. Nothing negative to say. I have enjoyed the whole season on Amazon and looking forward to the finale....I don't know a lot about the Green Arrow and characters associated with him from the comics but seems like I remember someone saying that Tommy turns into a villain. Maybe they wanted to hurry this up by having the Ollie and Laurel relationship starting up again now. It will probably send Tommy on a downward spiral. Just a thought and correct me if I'm wrong.....I believe both Ollie and Laurel have been suppressing their feelings for each other so it didn't take much for them to admit they loved each other and get together which is fine by me. Looking forward to seeing their relationship grow and Laurel working by his side, but like most relationships, it will have it's ups and downs. I wonder if it will take another season for her to find out he is the Green Arrow. They like dragging these things out but on the other hand, more people have found out Ollie's secret than I expected the first season....Keep up the good work Green Arrow show. I guess I shouldn't say (Green) Arrow since he isn't called that yet.
            Last edited by SnowBird; 05-11-2013, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowBird
              Great episode and gave it a ten. Nothing negative to say. I have enjoyed the whole season on Amazon and looking forward to the finale....I don't know a lot about the Green Arrow and characters associated with him from the comics but seems like I remember someone saying that Tommy turns into a villain. Maybe they wanted to hurry this up by having the Ollie and Laurel relationship starting up again now. It will probably send Tommy on a downward spiral. Just a thought and correct me if I'm wrong.....I believe both Ollie and Laurel have been suppressing their feelings for each other so it didn't take much for them to admit they loved each other and get together which is fine by me. Looking forward to seeing their relationship grow and Laurel working by his side, but like most relationships, it will have it's ups and downs. I wonder if it will take another season for her to find out he is the Green Arrow. They like dragging these things out but on the other hand, more people have found out Ollie's secret than I expected the first season....Keep up the good work Green Arrow show. I guess I shouldn't say (Green) Arrow since he isn't called that yet.
              Now, I'm not one who reads comics either, so take anything I say with a grain of salt or whatever. From my understanding, there is a character Merlyn who is the Dark Archer, but more often than not he's older than Oliver and is sometimes his trainer. In a way, Malcolm is serving that purpose, because his skill and capability is pushing Oliver to be more than he can be. If Tommy were to turn into the Dark Archer, he would need to leave the show for a couple of years at least before it could be believable in any fashion.

I personally use the name the police have come up with him in the show, at least until he takes the name Malcolm gave him (Green Arrow), which I'll bet is out of spite. Oliver spiting Malcolm, that is, by taking a moniker Malcolm gave him facetiously.

Comment

I have really mixed feelings about this episode that might be remedied by watching it again but....meh.

I'm in agreement with almost everyone else-- the Laurel/Oliver thing was done horribly. I have a hard time buying that Laurel would just forget about Tommy, who she obviously DID love and care for, and go running straight to Oliver. It made her seem really fickle and less likable The only way I can justify it is if she's just rebounding....she's so thrown by Tommy dumping her and the apparent conflict between the two former best friends that she runs to Oliver to make her feel better. But that would mean they'd go their separate ways again, which, judging by the Sacrifice promo, looks uncertain. I also don't get how calmly Quentin responded to her confession of feelings for Oliver, since he likes him even less than Tommy. I can only make sense of it by thinking that she was clearly in a very emotional state and he figured tough love wouldn't register with her right then. I can sort of understand Oliver's sudden change of heart-- encouraging Tommy and then immediately running to Laurel-- because he's seemed kind of selfish about his feelings in recent episodes. Yeah, he let Tommy have her for a while, but in Home Invasion he made no effort to reassure Tommy about Laurel. Oliver seemed to agree that Laurel would go to him if she ever found out about him being the Hood. Honestly, his discussion about Laurel choosing Tommy came a little too late. When you add Oliver's sort-of selfishness with his suspicion that Tommy might know something about the Undertaking, it's no surprise that he acted on his feelings for Laurel.

Oh, and I have to point this out: does anyone else think "Radioactive" was a bizarre song choice for Oliver and Laurel sleeping together? It makes no sense....that song would've been so much more fitting for a different scene, especially considering Malcolm's grand plan to destroy the Glades ("this is it, the apocalypse"). They might as well have played the chicken dance.

I'm really confused about Malcolm's "Oh no" as well, since I distinctly remember his willingness to kill Oliver earlier in the season....I hope they expand on that more. Even worrying about what Moira seems sort of a flimsy reason, since he seems to be under the impression that he can control her.

Comment

Great episode, can't be bothered to do a full analysis but what an episode.

One thing bothered me, Tommy just happened to be walking by Laurels apartment when Ollie and Laurel were in shall we say an embrace, how convenient still that aside wow!

Oliver's showdown with Malcolm was awesome, when Malcolm discovered it was Ollie and said "oh no" I wonder why?

9/10

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                    What an episode. Right on par with last week's I felt. Thoughts:

- I loved the Oliver-Diggle-Felicity teamwork in this episode. Great lines and some ingenious planning. Emily was funny as the burger deliverer, but Stephen had his moments too (with that annoying guy in the elevator ).

- The Undertaking storyline moved along perfectly. Leaves us with so many questions going into the finale. The Malcolm/Oliver confrontation, Walter and Moira's actions from now on, Quentin following the lead on Felicity and Thea and Roy's possible involvement.

- The island arc was also very eventful. Can't believe Yao Fei was killed.

- Not sure what to make of the Oliver/Laurel scenes. In a way (and even though I am an Oliciter), I'm glad they got it out of their system now instead of dragging it on until next season. But it creates the inevitable love triangle drama with peeping Tommy. It's just sad that the main purpose for the Laurel character right now is to triger Tommy's turn to the dark side. Both characters deserve better imo.

All in all, an awesome penultimate episode. 9/10 (still saving the 10, hope Sacrifice will earn it )
                    Pretty much this, but I know what to make of the Oliver/Laurel scene. It was tacky. Sorry, I know they are the canon couple, but the way these characters have been set up in this series just leaves a nasty taste in my mouth. The ick factor overwhelms me and that was the worst "love scene" I've seen this season. But aside from O/L, this episode was 9.5 easy.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎