No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Darkness On The Edge Of Town?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Darkness On The Edge Of Town?"

:-O .... that's all I'm saying for now. What did you all think?
    10 - I'm speechless. SO GOOD.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - This episode has failed this city.
    0%

That was effing amazing. I loved everything about that last scene!

Comment

That was a great episode.

Also Yao Fei mentioned Ferris Air shout out to Carol Ferris who is Hal Jordan's girl which means a Green Lantern reference.

Comment

Holy. Effing. ****. This was the best episode so far.

But one thing I'm wondering.... why did Malcolm say 'oh no' when he saw it was Oliver under the hood? Great, now I can't wait for next week because we finally get to know why he said it.

AND IT BETTER NOT BE SOME VADER ****!

Comment

I want to rewatch this episode before voting....there are a lot of things I want to see again.

But first impressions:

I wanted to love this episode and it did have some great moments but Lauliver plagued the episode with some bad ones. The sad thing is, I really want to like Lauliver. I guess I can buy Laurel realizing she has feelings for Ollie all of a sudden but she made it look real easy to go back to him despite their history and she also pulled a 180 from Tommy to Ollie. And what was with Ollie telling Tommy he was wrong for leaving her and then Ollie goes straight to Laurel and confesses his love. I realize this is the CW but if the show is going have relationship drama, at least make it believable. The way Tommy saw the two of them making love through the curtains felt forced.

Despite those moments, everything else I enjoyed. Felicity had me laughing at just about everything she said. Especially thing "I really do love him" when Diggle was taking her away from Malcolm Global. I hope Olicity doesn't become the next Chlark but I do like seeing the two of them together. They are very brother/sister to me. The Thea/Roy was really good and I liked the revelation about Roy losing someone. For once it seemed like Thea listened to her brother about the "Hood". Malcolm and Moira were both awesome this episode. I don't know whether to feel bad for Moira or not. She did get herself into this mess. The end scene with Malcolm and Ollie was tight! I liked the surprise on Malcolm's face when he found out the Hood was Ollie. We only got a few snippets of Quentin, but with what we got I'm glad it wasn't his usual "angsty" self. I loved his line about the "color coded arrows".

So yeah, this episode had it's week moments with the love triangle but thank goodness it was mostly b plot. The main plot was fantastic and I cannot wait for next week's season finale! If I had to rate this episode now, I would say 8 out of 10 (which is forgiving). But like I said, I'll give it a second viewing before I vote.

Comment

It was okay. I thought it sort of ironic Oliver had his mother kidnapped. The Ollie/Laurel bits did not play out well to me. And I'm not an Olicity shipper, either, so whatever on that account. I did enjoy her babbling, as usual, though. Liked Digg coming to the rescue. Loved Oliver being all scary to Roy. Roy's calling him a wimp was fun, though. Terrible judge of character.

I do like Walter - I loved how hugged Thea, both times. And I so feel for him, and I agree with him that divorce is an under-reaction.

I usually like Tommy, but bitter, angry Tommy (though justified) is not as much fun. Still not okay with the killing, though. Note that this is the second time Oliver has had a meeting with Tommy that was really at least partially (if not wholly) a mission (last time was Tommy's birthday). Does he ever do anything with him that isn't a cover? I will note that Oliver did seem to be contemplating something before he got the "work closely with my father" bit and shut down.

I was, as usual, not into the island scenes but, as usual, I state this is not reflective of their quality, but only of me not being interested in the island storyline. I really don't even try to judge quality there, because I feel the same boredom with all of them.

Comment

I swear its not because I'm an olicity shipper. But man those Laurel/Oliver scenes were just not done well at all. I feel like we went thru three seasons of yes/no/yes in one episode. My problem is mostly with Laurel, she has no point to the story now except to break up Tommy and Oliver's brother-like relationship that had been going on since Merlyn left for three years to train to by a psychopathic killer Tommy thinks Oliver is now. Yet Tommy is still not bringing him to justice, he still feels some sense of loyalty. Laurel is just the girl both men love and she is just that, even tho Oliver says Laurel is not property that is what I feel like she is to the writers. Going back and forth between the two with no real purpose. Because of this I can't really get behind anything to do with Oliver and Laurel, because I don't think Laurel deserves Oliver. He can do so much better then her and still keep his friendship with Tommy intact.

The rest of the episode was perfect. Great job on Diggle rescuing Felicity. Oliver getting "jealous" of the guy calling Felicity a sweet heart, and the totally platonic line. The fight tho only at the end was good, I was surprised at Malcolm's reaction. The island was a shock, I did not see that coming, how in the world do they escape Fryers with Slade's knee and Shado's shoulder shot. Fryers has no reason to keep them alive.
              Diggle is not getting out of that warehouse with out some problems and Oliver is going to need a lot of arm and upper body strength in the first scene of the next episode. Roy you meet Thea's brother and you immediately break up with her. That was really quick, tho from the description of the season finale Thea still has feelings for Roy. Who did Roy loose? Sister, mother, brother? Obviously it was from violence not from drugs, he wants to prevent it from happening to others, sounds so like a Bruce Wayne/Dick Grayson line.
              If not for the Laurel/Oliver scenes I would have called it one of the best episodes of the show.

Comment

Sadly, I ship Dinah/Oliver in pretty much every other medium (I was even rooting for that for them in Smallville back when she first appeared) and I really wanted to root for Laurel and Ollie, but I wasn't a huge fan of their interactions in this episode either. I also didn't love the total 180 from Oliver encouraging Tommy to go talk to Laurel to him showing up at her door. It just seemed like the whole thing was set up to explain Tommy going dark.

I did love Roy and Oliver meeting, and the whole break-in with Oliver, Felicity, and Diggle was really enjoyable and fun. There was a lot of good stuff this episode, aside from the romancey stuff.

And bellrevue, that is my complaint about the way the writers are using Laurel too. She's just the apex of the love triangle and little else at this point. Which sucks because there are a ton of storylines they could do with her, and even some that have been set up already (like the search for Sara, things with her dad, maybe more with her work at CNRI)

Comment

Well done, looking forward to the finale next week.

Comment

The penultimate episode centered around Oliver's confrontation with Malcolm both times in different ways (Oliver/ Dark Archer and Green Arrow/ Malcolm) and both times Oliver got owned as Oliver definitely needs to amp up his game if he's to defeat Malcolm. We also saw Oliver's confrontations with both his mother and Tommy over different things. Moira's world is falling apart with her relationship with Oliver on the rocks and a divorce from Walter Steele. I wish they'd make Oliver's relationships with Dinah Laurel and Roy feel important, but they don't as it felt underwhelming. However, I'm glad Oliver and Dinah Laurel are together and I hope don't make the same mistakes as Clark and Lana from Smallville. At least Roy is very determined to find Green Arrow, even if it meant ending his relationship with Thea. They killed off 2 DCU characters in Brion Markov aka Geo-Force and Yao Fei. I wonder if this has anything to do with DC Comics' New 52 campaign. Good episode overall as I'm looking forward to the season finale.

Comment

Amazing episode and the scene with Ollie and Laurel? Man that was hot!

Comment

I forgot there's an online watch here! D'oh! Loved the ep, but thought it was pretty crass for Oliver to pretty much swear on a stack of Bibles to Tommy that he, Oliver would never ever ever ever get back with Laurel, no matter how they felt about each other, go for it, Tommy, then, an hour later, try to get back with her. Crass, son, crass! Doesn't matter you're thinking of retiring, you raised Tommy's hopes for naught. Fail.

Comment

Great final scene; Malcolm unmasking Oliver. I'm curious about his "Oh, No!" reaction, like he didn't want it to be him of all people.

Love the Felicity/Diggle duo as well as Roy/Thea's relationship

Poor Moira, all her male relationships are crumbling around her.

And Oliver/Laurel embracing each other in front of an open window while Tommy watches in anger outside was too soapy and cliche for me. I almost thought we were going to hear an inner monologue from Tommy on how he would get his revenge or something...we all know where there taking Tommy's character.

Comment

Called it.

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
                            But besides all of that, I loved the episode...I have a feeling that machine is an earthquake machine and it will take hints to No Man's Land from Batman mythos...I believe the writers have said they take notice to a lot of Batman comics. If that's the case, it just screams like Malcolm is part of the League of Assassins(or Shadows) and they're taking cues from Batman Begins(or maybe even The Dark Knight Rises).
                            Had a feeling we'll be getting into No Man's Land-esque territory, especially when it could play a part to the reason why the writers have been mentioned as reading "The Cult" from the Batman mythos as well...something that could be a nice follow-up storywise.

And once again, am not digging the chemistry between Ollie and Laurel, although any time I can see some extra skin of Katie Cassidy is always nice, but STILL...ehhh. Although it's frankly obvious that this love triangle of Ollie, Laurel and Tommy will lose its edge and down the road Ollie will have a fling or something with Felicity. I predict season three or four, lol.

Lastly....dang. Merlyn tore Ollie up AGAIN, lol. He's pretty much the Joker AND Bane to Oliver's Batman.

Comment

About Malcom's "Oh No" comment....I think he's just pained over the fact that he's going to have to kill his son's best friend. Yeah, they're not best friends at the moment, but they were working on it, or so he thought.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎