No announcement yet.

Lex Luthor's historical quotes, trivia and knowledge

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lex Luthor's historical quotes, trivia and knowledge

"Sun Tzu, Machiavelli, Nietzsche, they were the voices that nurtured me after my mother died."

I've always enjoyed Lex's historical information, quotes and relevant trivia on conquerors and empires etc. Can we make a big list of the various trivia Lex has spouted during the Smallville series?

For example,

"Critics are our friends, they show us our faults" - Benjamin Franklin

The whole story about Napoleon commissioning David to paint his mother into his coronation when she wasn't there, effectively creating his own history the way he wanted to see it.

"You know in ancient Persia, the kings would kill a messenger who brought them news they didn't like. In modern times a sword in the chest might seem a little extreme. Something more subtle would be in order. Enjoying your drink?"

And even pieces of knowledge he throws out like

"That, my friend, is the key to leadership. Not only knowing you're right, but convincing everyone else. If you can do that, the world's your oyster."

"I once read about a rich man who survived a hotel fire. He hung onto the ledge for an hour before the fire department rescued him. Afterwards he bought the hotel...always stayed in the room. When they asked him why, he said he figured Fate couldn't find him twice."

"The man of tomorrow is forged by the battles of today"

Post more of Lex's knowledge and maybe if we're not too careful, we can learn something

Last edited by Deadpool4All; 05-07-2013, 05:53 AM.

Just found another

"The backbone of surprise is fusing speed with secrecy" - Von Clausewitz

'Season 1 Episode 16 - Stray', I swear this stuff is gold. Actually led me onto another great quote by Clausewitz:

"Two qualities are indispensable: first, an intellect that, even in the darkest hour, retains some glimmerings of the inner light which leads to truth; and second, the courage to follow this faint light wherever it may lead."

As Churchill said "It's a good thing for an uneducated man to read books about quotations" but I'd prefer the Isaac Newton 'standing on the shoulders of giants' approach. It's generally more useful.

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎