Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Oliver/Felicity (Olicity) Relationship Thread #1

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to go with a polite no thank you. There have been enough incestuous thoughts with Thea and Tommy.

Comment

Originally posted by BkWurm1
      I'm going to go with a polite no thank you. There have been enough incestuous thoughts with Thea and Tommy.
      The show kinda been there done that already. And having Felicity related to anyone on the show just screams soap. Please no superhero soap. Had enough of that on Smallville.

Comment

Ok Im a "Lauliver" Shipper... so watching this interview broke my shippers heart.. here you go olicity shippers if you havent seen it..

Comment

I absolutely ship Olicity and I believe he thinks this right now but I've been burned before.

On Smallville the show runners after the 5th season called Clark and Lana a dead horse that they were done beating and yet the back half of six and pretty much all of season seven was devoted to Clana.

So I will have my little happy dance and then I will go back to bracing myself for disappointment. What I will take away from this is that the end game relationship for the show is no longer written in stone, and that for now is good enough for me.

Comment

As long as the quality of the writing stays good then I'm ok with Oliver not sleeping with every chick that shows up in Starling City. I like Oliver and Felicity, but for that relationship to be what I want it needs to grow slowly. So far I've been mostly happy, but if they try to rush into stuff this season that happiness can be changed in a moment.

Comment

They're my ship!! Love them and their chemistry is off the charts!!

Comment

Felicity and Oliver are definitely my favs
                Last edited by Lynn18; 01-25-2015, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Felicity said she could not be with Oliver if he trains with him. What looks like happening in episode 13 is Malcolm told Oliver how to Beat Ra's right in front of Felicity so
                  So I don't see them training together so the Oliver/Felicity relationship look like it could be back on again.

Comment

Wow, I am feeling nostalgic posting in a relationship thread again!

I remember the first time I started pulling for Oliver and Felicity, the elevator scene in "Darkness On The Edge of Town": "Felicity, hold on to me tight." "I imagined you saying that under very different circumstances..."

Her awkward unintended innuendos and his smirking reactions to them were so much fun to watch. Even though her affections were one-sided then, it was nothing that was made to be dramatic or angst-ridden. That has been my favorite thing about the two of them. Felicity was the one female who Ollie had no drama with, and it was extremely refreshing.

I loved how Felicity was suspicious Ollie was GA back in S1, and in "The Odyssey", he trusted her without hesitation and let his secret be known to her. She handled it well and never harangued him about what she'd suspected prior to that.

I really enjoyed how they were approaching their relationship then, and even when he asked her out, finally, to dinner, I admit I was doing a fangirl dance. Once disaster struck on their date and Ollie pulled a Clark, "can't be with you to protect you", I was:

Click image for larger version

Name:	original.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	6628480

I expected there to be bumps in the road but that whole concept is extremely tiresome, we've already been beaten to death with it on SV time and again. I was glad Felicity was able to walk away from that and keep going, but the worst part about the whole thing is that it seemed to change her completely, from there on in it seemed she lost her usual snark and banter with Ollie and in general. I get that due to their reaching that next level it had to change, but I wish they had drawn out that awkward factor from season 1 a little more. It seems Felicity is on edge and emotional now, and when Ollie dropped the L-word...

I hate to say this but it feels so stagnant right now. Again, I realize there are things that have to be tabled to move the other plots along, but this is all "I love you" and "now it's like I never said it."

In retrospect, I feel they moved that whole thing along a little too quickly and it ended before it even really got started. I know that they are not endgame, but I feel as though a lot more could have been done with this. I'm hoping somehow they can bring back that lighter side again, I miss it!

Comment

Once disaster struck on their date and Ollie pulled a Clark, "can't be with you to protect you",
                      Ah, but Oliver actually didn't use that excuse. He has his own new stupid excuse to use. The "being in a relationship with you would make me too distracted". It was never about keeping Felicity safe. She's in danger just by being on the team - which was her choice and he respected it. But apparently being happy and thinking about a future put him off his game and was the reason he didn't notice a tracker being planted on him in the first place. A completely head up the butt reason but original and sooo Oliver so at least while I ridicule it, I could understand it.

In retrospect, I feel they moved that whole thing along a little too quickly and it ended before it even really got started. I know that they are not endgame, but I feel as though a lot more could have been done with this. I'm hoping somehow they can bring back that lighter side again, I miss it!
                      The showrunners have gone on record several times that they have no specific endgame. I won't say that means Olicity is endgame but right now they are being written like an end game couple. If they had wanted to kill Olicity dead, they'd make them try dating only to discover there isn't passion there rather than do an almost paint by numbers ship stall with Ray the "perfect" alternative that we know can't last.

I do think the show runners hurried too fast to the date that never finished, buth then they've hurried all their storylines to the negative affect of their characters. Laurel would have been better served working well with the team for a couple episodes before Sara died and the whole show would have been better served not to have cast an immediate pall with Sara's death in the first episode. Sadly it seems all the fun that would have been seeing the flirty build up to the date was relegated to their Season 2.5 comic book. In that their giving the build up and I hear they tied up a bunch of loose ends too but for some reason we can't have that on the actual show??

It isn't adding a romance between Felicity and Oliver that ruined the fun, it was the forced reasoning to keep them apart. They could have a perfectly adorable and non angst driven storyline that didn't get in the way of the action but it feels like they decided it was more important to prop up new characters (Poor Ray, misunderstood but still shoehorned in like he's a refuge from a different show) or push silly plot driven agendas with no regards to the character of the characters.

Do any of us really believe that Oliver after nearly dying would think his only solution is to directly attack the LoA stronghold? And don't even get me started on him thinking Malcolm - the only reason for the mess - was the one he needed to turn to in order to win or the even nuttier part where he keeps protecting Malcolm not to mention the part where he doesn't even try to have him arrested.

Sigh. And as far as I hear, the show is just going to keep going off it's rails.

Here's hoping that season 4 can salvage the mess left by season 3. What a waste.

Comment

So far I can say Season 3 has been all over the place and is kind of a mess. The Story lines don't make too much sense I just hope the final few episode can salvage a decent season
                        to make for fun season 4

Comment

I agree, this season has been a mess. I really think killing Sara was a mistake as was the Malcolm makes Thea kill Sara so that Oliver would fight Ra's in the hope he could clear Malcolm's blood debt but was really just an excuse to get Oliver to fulfill some just now heard of prophecy so he could be forced to join the LoA as Ra's Ollie Guhl. It's an absurd convoluted mess and darkened the tone of the whole show to the point where Ray and his cheerfulness was tonal nightmare when pared with the perpetually grieving Felicity.

The very thing people most enjoyed about the Felicity Oliver relationship, their natural interactions, was ripped away as the show bent over backwards to come up with reasons to keep them at odds. I never stopped feeling their connection but if the show had been writing to character instead of plot, a few in character conversations would have ended most of their conflicts.

The course is finally being corrected but this has been a rough year on all story fronts.

Only three more to go and yes, I'm bracing myself for at least two more episodes of pain

Comment

I agree, this season has been a mess...It's an absurd convoluted mess and darkened the tone of the whole show to the point where Ray and his cheerfulness was tonal nightmare when pared with the perpetually grieving Felicity...The very thing people most enjoyed about the Felicity Oliver relationship, their natural interactions, was ripped away as the show bent over backwards to come up with reasons to keep them at odds...The course is finally being corrected but this has been a rough year on all story fronts....Only three more to go and yes, I'm bracing myself for at least two more episodes of pain
                            Here's to hoping contrived reasons to keep them apart come to an end at he end of season three. This season was like an Edvard Munch painting. 😱

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by JDBentz View Post

My two cents: Oliver only showed discomfort when it came to Felicity's comments. Those were what I was speaking of when it comes to what could be construed as 'sexual harrassment' on Felicity's part. The working out in the Lair that Oliver does is just how he does things. And honestly, I somehow doubt he was doing the salmon ladder for Felicity's sake. He started doing it long before. And with regards to the tire thing: he was working out his frustrations and noticed something was bothering her. He has occasionally done this before and asked her when he realizes it. That's it.
                              The thing about Oliver showing discomfort over Felicity's words is that Felicity showed equal if not greater discomfort at her words. It was unintentional on her part.

Comment

The thing about Oliver showing discomfort over Felicity's words is that Felicity showed equal if not greater discomfort at her words. It was unintentional on her part.
                                True enough. Its been a while since I saw the episode I'm thinking of (The Undertaking), so my memory is a bit rusty.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎