No announcement yet.

ARGUS or Checkmate?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARGUS or Checkmate?

I'll be the first to admit, I'm not the most well versed in the "New 52," but I'm wondering... at least as far as Arrow is concerned, what is the difference between ARGUS and Checkmate?

And are both DC's version of SHIELD?

LOVE Lyla Michaels being "Harbinger," though. And I'd just die if, say, Cameron Chase ever shows up.

I looked it up when it was announced that they were bringing ARGUS (which here doesn't stand for Advanced Research Group Uniting Super-Human, and instead stands for ARG, United Support) to the show and the only difference from Checkmate that I can see right now from what I found on DC ***** is this:

*ARGUS is an American Government agency that Steve Trevor leads and the way that DC ***** explains it is that the group is supporting the Justice League with, and I quote, "resources and cleaning up afterwards".

*Checkmate is lead by Waller but that organization seems to be more of a secret organization unlike ARGUS in the comics which uses methods that aren't perhaps the most appropriate or legal ones, although that is just from what I understand after reading some stuff on Wikipedia because my view of Checkmate is mostly based on the one way Smallville did it.

Other than already knowing that Amanda Waller is leading Checkmate that is more of a secret organization, I'm not sure what the difference is really. I don't know if I would say that Checkmate together with Argus would be DC's version of SHIELD, I would rather say just Argus is close to being DC's version of SHIELD but if I had read more Checkmate comics, my opinion may have been different then.

I hope this helped a little bit because that is a really good question.

Comment

Checkmate is a covert agency dealing with what you could call Black ops.

ARGUS is new and it's DC answer to Marvel's SHIELD basically. That's pretty much what they are.

Comment

Isn't Waller involved with ARGUS in the comics now?

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
          Isn't Waller involved with ARGUS in the comics now?
          Last I heard she just sticks to Checkmate/Suicide Squad business. Admittedly I don't read the books that invovle her unless it's a crossover event with one of the big boy's Supes/Bat's/Green Lantern's etc.

Comment

I think she's in the new Justice League of America comic, but I admit I only got that one for David Finch's art, haven't really gotten into the story yet even though it's by Geoff Johns who I usually like a lot.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎