No announcement yet.

Is it just me...?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me...?

Is it just me, or are you getting as fed up with these story lines as I am?? The beginning of the season wasn't so bad, but this whole "cure" storyline seems like such a waste of time! Are we really supposed to believe that a show based on supernatural creatures are going to get a cure for the very thing that keeps us loving the show? We know that they're doing a spinoff series for the originals, but they want us to invest in the storyline with Rebekah that she's going to get the cure and become human? Again, we already know she's joining the originals spinoff! It's just a waste of time to me! Sure, it's character development, but geez! For 7 or 8 episodes?! And on that note, what is with this dragging-out-a-storyline-for-eight-episodes-so-we-can-get-on-people's-nerves thing? For instance, and as mentioned above:

-Rebekah taking the cure- we know it's not going to happen. We're not dumb. Again, like 6 episodes of this.
    -The cure in general. Talking about the existence, then where is it, then we go and search for it, then we discuss who will take it, then we find it, then we spend 3 or 4 episodes tossing it around from vamp to vamp like a hot potato. Seriously.
    -Is the Cure even a viable storyline to go with with a show that is ABOUT SUPERNATURAL CREATURES?! At least not till the series is ending, people!
    -Elena and her emotions and ALL THE WAYS THEY TRY TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO TURN THEM BACK ON. This is getting OLD.
    -Damon or Stefan? Stefan or Damon? I used to love the triangle but now I'm just indifferent.
    -Elena as a bad vampire, or no emotions, or whatever you want to call it. Part of what was endearing about her character is just that, she was endearing, even as a vampire. And she was SO set apart from Katherine. Now, having her the way she is, she is no different than Katherine. We know that before she turned into a vamp, Katherine was already ruthless and deceptive. Sure, she had a soft spot for her family, but that's almost a second thought. Now we have Elena, who is selfless and loving and brave and now she's a vamp and having some trouble, but even as a vampire she's a better vampire than Katherine was a human. In a show where you have one actor playing two characters, it's fun to see how Nina plays both so differently. Not so right now. The only difference between Katherine and Elena is that dumb red strip of hair.

I know it's harsh, but I wanted to get it out! No one else I know really watches this show, so this is my only place to vent! And I know I'm no expert on writing for a TV show or of character development, but I just feel like this "dragging out" is a tactic they use alot, and after 4 seasons, it is getting SO old.

Cheers!

Originally posted by proflightsprotights
    Is it just me, or are you getting as fed up with these story lines as I am?? The beginning of the season wasn't so bad, but this whole "cure" storyline seems like such a waste of time! Are we really supposed to believe that a show based on supernatural creatures are going to get a cure for the very thing that keeps us loving the show? We know that they're doing a spinoff series for the originals, but they want us to invest in the storyline with Rebekah that she's going to get the cure and become human? Again, we already know she's joining the originals spinoff! It's just a waste of time to me! Sure, it's character development, but geez! For 7 or 8 episodes?! And on that note, what is with this dragging-out-a-storyline-for-eight-episodes-so-we-can-get-on-people's-nerves thing? For instance, and as mentioned above:

-Rebekah taking the cure- we know it's not going to happen. We're not dumb. Again, like 6 episodes of this.
    -The cure in general. Talking about the existence, then where is it, then we go and search for it, then we discuss who will take it, then we find it, then we spend 3 or 4 episodes tossing it around from vamp to vamp like a hot potato. Seriously.
    -Is the Cure even a viable storyline to go with with a show that is ABOUT SUPERNATURAL CREATURES?! At least not till the series is ending, people!
    -Elena and her emotions and ALL THE WAYS THEY TRY TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO TURN THEM BACK ON. This is getting OLD.
    -Damon or Stefan? Stefan or Damon? I used to love the triangle but now I'm just indifferent.
    -Elena as a bad vampire, or no emotions, or whatever you want to call it. Part of what was endearing about her character is just that, she was endearing, even as a vampire. And she was SO set apart from Katherine. Now, having her the way she is, she is no different than Katherine. We know that before she turned into a vamp, Katherine was already ruthless and deceptive. Sure, she had a soft spot for her family, but that's almost a second thought. Now we have Elena, who is selfless and loving and brave and now she's a vamp and having some trouble, but even as a vampire she's a better vampire than Katherine was a human. In a show where you have one actor playing two characters, it's fun to see how Nina plays both so differently. Not so right now. The only difference between Katherine and Elena is that dumb red strip of hair.

I know it's harsh, but I wanted to get it out! No one else I know really watches this show, so this is my only place to vent! And I know I'm no expert on writing for a TV show or of character development, but I just feel like this "dragging out" is a tactic they use alot, and after 4 seasons, it is getting SO old.

Cheers!
    And Cheers for you too!! You just described that whole cure nonsense so well...
    Abt Elena, my hope is that this "Elena" is not real Elena but Katherine. Though after "Pictures of You" final scenes (Damon saying he saw fear in Elena's eyes and Katherine's letter for Klaus) I'm starting to doubt that it wasn't real Elena hurting everyone's feelings at the prom beside being a cold killer of her best frind Bonnie and April....

Comment

Originally posted by rej@ne
      And Cheers for you too!! You just described that whole cure nonsense so well...
      Abt Elena, my hope is that this "Elena" is not real Elena but Katherine. Though after "Pictures of You" final scenes (Damon saying he saw fear in Elena's eyes and Katherine's letter for Klaus) I'm starting to doubt that it wasn't real Elena hurting everyone's feelings at the prom beside being a cold killer of her best frind Bonnie and April....
      That would be an interesting twist, only she was showing the beginnings of these qualities in New York with Damon, then when she and Rebekah found Katherine in that small town. I've stuck with this show, and I will continue to, but these storylines are not viable and they have got to go!

Comment

SPOILLER ALERT

Julie Plec said that in the season finale episode there will be not one but two cliffhangers that will lead the show to a whole new direction in season 5: one concerns to who takes the so called cure and the consequences of it (including Silas future) and the other she says we'll see a definition for the love triangle which will put Elena, Damon and Stefan in steady grounds abt theyr relationship.

Someone please help me and post here that JP interview! Thank you already.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎