X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow Season Finale: "Sacrifice"

GreenArrowTV is first to post the season finale title:

So now... let's discuss... who or what is the "Sacrifice?"

I'm thinking two possibilities.

The producers have already said that there's a finale on the island, and in present day Starling City. So, my predictions?

One "sacrifice" might be Yao Fei, which will change Shado into the Shado we'll know later.

That will be mirrored in the present day, where the Dark Archer/Merlyn sacrifices himself so Tommy steps up. Either way, I do expect some kind of Merlyn changes. I do find it odd that they've signed on so many other series regulars for Season 2 yet John Barrowman is not one of them.

What does everyone else think?

Ollie is going to kill Faora and only in the end realize that he's killed his own child as well when he hears the tiny heartbeat die off.

Comment

Originally posted by Playhouse
      Ollie is going to kill Faora and only in the end realize that he's killed his own child as well when he hears the tiny heartbeat die off.
      Damn you, Matt, you beat me to it.

Though I was going to suggest that Tess does something to Arrow's secret lair.

Comment

I don't know about Yao Fei dying in the finale: could happen.

I agree with you about Malcolm/Dark Archer dying in the finale as a sacrifice for Tommy, not sure though if it will possibly be to make him step up, I could actually see him getting killed by Oliver because he might kill Moira.

It's going to be so weird though to see a character of Barrowman actually dying and not getting back after getting injured after all the 10000 times that he got shot as Captain Jack on Torchwood.

Comment

When I saw the title, I immediately thought about a Malcom sacrifice so Tommy would take his place. And about Oliver being the one that kills him - yeah, that's exactly what I believe will happen.
          But the theory about Yao-Fei on the island finale could be also accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
            Damn you, Matt, you beat me to it.

Are we still sure it will be Malcolm who dies? What if it's Tommy?

Comment

They may hide that John has renewed his contract so they maintain the suspense, and we don't know if he will survive or not.
              Personally I think he won't survive, and is a waste because he can be an interesting character if they write him correctly.

Colin have been confirmed for the next season??
              And in WonderCon they didn't say that Lance may not survive? or was a joke?

Correct me if I'm wrong for now we know the character that will be in the next season are:
              Oliver...of course
              Laurel
              Thea
              Roy
              Felicity
              Slade
              I forgot someone?? So, the rest can be sacrificed.

Comment

Originally posted by biarpcalb
                When I saw the title, I immediately thought about a Malcom sacrifice so Tommy would take his place. And about Oliver being the one that kills him - yeah, that's exactly what I believe will happen.
                But the theory about Yao-Fei on the island finale could be also accurate.
                It might not even be a death sacrifice. Like what if Laurel sacrifices her career at CNRI to uncover the truth about her sister, or something like that?

Another possibility... and I hope they don't go there... is Moira. What if she sacrifices herself to protect her family? Malcolm is going to have to find out what she did, eventually...

Comment

Beyond Oliver, Roy, Slade, and Felicity, I don't know that anyone is 100% confirmed. Although I did ask Marc Guggenheim at Wondercon if anyone was on the way out and he said that it was more that the studio gave them more money so they could sign these people, so maybe no one currently a series regular is leaving.

Then again, I know Guggenheim was a lawyer so I'm sure he's got a way with getting around the right words Not lying per se, but diverting to another topic.
                  Last edited by KSiteTV; 04-07-2013, 03:23 PM. Reason: fixed spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Playhouse

Are we still sure it will be Malcolm who dies? What if it's Tommy?
                    I would be pretty shocked if Tommy actually dies: I don't think they would do that, IMO.

Comment

I've suspected that someone will die in the finale for a while now. This probably confirms it. Plenty of candidates imo. Diggle, Moira, Walter, Malcolm or Yao Fei. My guess is that the sacrifice will be connected to the Undertaking storyline.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyB
                        I would be pretty shocked if Tommy actually dies: I don't think they would do that, IMO.
                        I like Tommy, and I like Colin Donnell a lot, but that would be a perfect inversion of the usual trope if they went that way. So often we picture a Lex/Lionel, Harry Osborn/Norman type relationship.. where eventually the son takes the role of the father... what if Malcolm was the only "bad Merlyn" all along?

If Tommy does make it to Season 2, I'd think he'd have to become more involved with the underground Arrowing... but between Oliver, Felicity, Diggle, and anyone else who might find out, it's starting to get a little crowded down there. I'm pretty sure Roy and/or Thea will be involved within a year or two, too. Laurel.... is it sad that at this point I don't really even care?

Comment

I think in Tommy too.
                          He know Oliver's secret, and he is not in the team, and he's moving to the dark side. Also will be a really sad and Malcolm will go mad.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
                            I like Tommy, and I like Colin Donnell a lot, but that would be a perfect inversion of the usual trope if they went that way. So often we picture a Lex/Lionel, Harry Osborn/Norman type relationship.. where eventually the son takes the role of the father... what if Malcolm was the only "bad Merlyn" all along?

If Tommy does make it to Season 2, I'd think he'd have to become more involved with the underground Arrowing... and between Oliver, Felicity, Diggle, and anyone else who might find out, it's starting to get a little crowded down there. I'm pretty sure Roy and/or Thea will be involved within a year or two, too.
                            Like you, I adore Tommy as well as Colin Donnell but to me, I have always felt that Tommy was meant to become the true Merlyn (I'm not an expert on Merlyn from the comics so maybe I shouldn't be saying "true Merlyn") in the end. But at the same time I love John Barrowman and I love how mysterious and interesting his character is as the season has progressed so it's a dilemma to me at some parts but at the end of the day, I think Tommy will be the show's "true" Merlyn. Let's say that he make it do S2, I could see his arc for that season being to try to accept more of Oliver's other life but slowly starting to lose patience and somewhere down the line, leave Starling or somehow get involved in his father's legacy. I don't know if he has to necessary become more involved with "Team Arrow" (I suppose that was what you meant with "the underground Arrowing").

Comment

By having Roy Harper, Felicity Smoak, and Slade Wilson as series regulars for the 2nd season, that will cause few to leave. I agree that Oliver, Roy, Felicity, and Slade are a lock for season while the rest are up for grabs. I can see Moira, Malcolm, and Detective Lance as being the ones to go as they connect to the main three of Oliver, Dinah Laurel, and Tommy. Sacrifice can mean many things here.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎