Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What S.H.I.E.L.D. characters from the comics would you like to see on the show?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KSiteTV
    I'm pretty sure that due to licensing restrictions the Fantastic Four and X-Men, and those related characters, would be completely off limits. With that said, I'd LOVE an X-Men TV show someday... maybe if Marvel ever gets the rights back?

They MIGHT be able to cheat by having Jim Hammond, the android Human Torch, since he was referenced in Captain America and all, and he wasn't created as part of the FF, but I'm pretty sure they would avoid that to not piss anyone off. Heck, when the Mutant X TV show was out, with no direct reference to the X-Men, FOX ended up suing over it infringing on their rights.
    Yeah but if you actually look at the 1993 contract were fox got the rights to the x-men they were given the exclusive movie rights. Marvel specifically kept the tv rights. The Fantastic 4 were most likely given a similar contract. Fox really had no grounds for suing Marvel over Mutant X other then possible creative similarities that were specfic to the X-men adaptation by Fox. The fact is Mutant X went on even after Fox sued. The show ended because of one of the production companies going under not because of any court order involving the Fox lawsuit.
    Last edited by Degobunny; 04-11-2013, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny
      I am pretty sure they would all be rebooted and recast.
      Ya they would probably recast. Shawn Ashmore is still going to be in the new XMen movie so ya. they already recasted sabertooth but of course in Wolverine Origins they actually gave him a role rather then just some guy who stood in the background most of the time.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that due to licensing restrictions the Fantastic Four and X-Men, and those related characters, would be completely off limits. With that said, I'd LOVE an X-Men TV show someday... maybe if Marvel ever gets the rights back?

They MIGHT be able to cheat by having Jim Hammond, the android Human Torch, since he was referenced in Captain America and all, and he wasn't created as part of the FF, but I'm pretty sure they would avoid that to not piss anyone off. Heck, when the Mutant X TV show was out, with no direct reference to the X-Men, FOX ended up suing over it infringing on their rights.
        I think they will still have time before they think about brining in FF and XMen people to the show. They would probably just focus on SHIELD Agents at first and maybe some Avenger winks here and there. Since Marvel has a million movies coming out over the next 3 years they might want to focus on people who wouldnt be in any of the movies. Since some people might not really be movie worthy but are worth telling their story thru a tv arc.

I just wonder how connected this will be to The Avengers. Then we can probably see how they are working the series and what characters they might be able to use.

Comment

Yeah but if you actually look at the 1993 contract were fox got the rights to the x-men they were given the exclusive movie rights. Marvel specifically kept the tv rights. The Fantastic 4 were most likely given a similar contract. Fox really had no grounds for suing Marvel over Mutant X other then possible creative similarities that were specfic to the X-men adaptation by Fox. The fact is Mutant X went on even after Fox sued. The show ended because of one of the production companies going under not because of any court order involving the Fox lawsuit.
          I think unless we have the actual contract here in front of us we can't really say what was in it. The only thing I know is that FOX got pissed when Mutant X happened. If the TV rights were truly separate, Marvel may as well have made a Mutant X show about Havok in an alternate world, like they did in the comics at that time.

I do agree with you that Mutant X, as it aired, had no connection to the comics, which made it kind of weird, but at the same time, I could see where FOX was pissed about brand confusion.

I'm sure there's something somewhere that would demand that if another studio owns the movie rights, then no one else can run with TV and dilute the brand. Otherwise, Marvel would be making a Spider-Man live action TV show right now set in the Avengers universe. I'm sure the X-Men is a similar deal... otherwise, it'd be done.

Comment

I think unless we have the actual contract here in front of us we can't really say what was in it. The only thing I know is that FOX got pissed when Mutant X happened. If the TV rights were truly separate, Marvel may as well have made a Mutant X show about Havok in an alternate world, like they did in the comics at that time.

I do agree with you that Mutant X, as it aired, had no connection to the comics, which made it kind of weird, but at the same time, I could see where FOX was pissed about brand confusion.

I'm sure there's something somewhere that would demand that if another studio owns the movie rights, then no one else can run with TV and dilute the brand. Otherwise, Marvel would be making a Spider-Man live action TV show right now set in the Avengers universe. I'm sure the X-Men is a similar deal... otherwise, it'd be done.
            Well I actually looked up court of appeals case involving Mutant X. As long as Marvel does not do something blaent like use black leather costumes for mutants in there tv show Fox would have no case.

Comment

Oh, so you're suggesting they could get away with non-X-Men mutants? I didn't know that... that could be cool if that's the case.

Comment

Oh, so you're suggesting they could get away with non-X-Men mutants? I didn't know that... that could be cool if that's the case.
                Some characters/concept are available to both Marvel and Fox/Sony, because they're associated with two franchises. Which is why we've got Iron Patriot in Iron Man 3. Because, while IP is Norman Osborne in the comics (who's linked to the Spider-Man franchise), the IP concept is linked to the Iron Man franchise.

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are also characters, thats available to both (they're Magneto's kids, but they are irrevocably associated with the Avengers (and Inhumans, in Quicksilver's case)). Not sure how Beast counts, as he has been involved with the Avengers, but you really associate him with the X-Men.

With Spider-Woman I guess, it depends on which one you use. Ultimate Spider-Woman is a sex changed clone of Peter Parker, so she's 100 % associated with the Spider-Man franchise. Mainstream Jessica Drew, on the other hand is not (her origin is linked to High Evolutionary, Hydra (Madame Hydra was once believed to be her mother) and is associated with the Avengers). The only link is the name. And if that'd be a problem, they could just go with Arachne.
                Last edited by jon-el87; 04-12-2013, 06:36 AM.

Comment

No I am suggesting they can use any mutant as long as they make them different enough from the movie counterparts. So basically make Wolverine for instant short and give him a colorful costume like in the comics, as opposed to a six foot something cage fighter who has Rogue for a side kick.
                  Last edited by Degobunny; 04-12-2013, 11:10 AM.

Comment

No I am suggesting they can use any mutant as long as they make them different enough from the movie counterparts. So basically make Wolverine for instant short and give him a colorful costume like in the comics, as opposed to a six foot something cage fighter who has Rogue for a side kick.
                    Not sure if you really want him on the show, or was merely using him as an example, for how to get around rights issues. However, I think they should reserve guest spots for characters, that haven't been the focus of five movies.

This show should explore and flesh out this universe. The films established, referenced and hinted at stuff, that the show could deal with.
                    Last edited by jon-el87; 04-18-2013, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
                      Not sure if you really want him on the show, or was merely using him as an example, for how to get around rights issues. However, I think they should reserve guest spots for characters, that haven't been the focus of five movies.

This show should explore and flesh out this universe. The films established, referenced and hinted at stuff, that the show could deal with.
                      I was using him as an example. Mutants I would actually wannt to see on this show are ones like Shadowcat who was a SHIELD agent or Mystique who has a history with Ms Marvel who I would also love to see on this show.

Comment

I could see Mystique working as a recurring antagonist. A super spy, who sells her services to groups like Hydra and AIM (and others).

She also wouldn't be too hard to get around right issues. Mystique in the films is naked, so just have her wear a white dress. In the comics, she's also a character with a mysterious past, who's real name might not even be "Raven Darkholme" (whereas the films had her indeed be named Raven Darkholme and be Xavier's foster sister).

So, just have her be a character, with a mysterious past and always appear in normal human form (which the agents note "might not be what she really looks like... She might not even be a 'she'."). Have her real name be unknown (though, include a list of known aliases, which includes a couple that Mystique's used on the comics: Raven Wagner, Leni Zauber, Ronnie Lake, Val Cooper, Holt Adler) And, at least at first, have the agents be unsure about what she is. Is she a mutant? An alien? Or the product of some KGB experiment?
                        __________________________________________________ _________________________

I would love to see Marc Spector show up at some point. I doubt, there'll be any movie about him, any time soon.

Comment

Betty Ross would also be someone, I'd like to show up. They could use the guest spot, to turn her into Red She-Hulk. That way, they'd also be introducing (a) She-Hulk into the MCU.

Comment

I would like to se Daisy Johnson and Ms. Marvel but I think she is going to be use for the movies.Valentina Allegra de la Fontaine would be cool she could star as an agent a betray them later on. I also want to see Hydra and A.I.M both have alreaby been in the movies they would make great villans for a TV series.

Comment

There are many characters I'd like to see, but, for starters: Luke Cage, Danny Rand/Iron Fist, Carol Danvers/Ms. Marvel, Hank Pym, Scott Lang/Ant-Man II, Dr. Stephen Strange, King T'Challa/Black Panther.

Hopefully the series will last many seasons and we'll be to get all of the above and more.

Comment

I'd like to see Rick Stoner in a flashback, since he was supposed to be SHIELD's first executive director. It'd be awesome to have him in a scene with either Dominic Cooper as Howard Stark, or Hayley Atwell as Peggy Carter. I can't really think of any actors for him at this point, though.

Other cool characters would be SWORD head Abigail Brand, "seismic powered" super-agent Daisy Johnson, and Alphonso "Mac" MacKenzie, SHIELD's liaison to the CIA.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎