Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What S.H.I.E.L.D. characters from the comics would you like to see on the show?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KSiteTV
    If ever they cast Henry Pym (comics' original Ant-Man), that role has "Nathan Fillion" written all over it. And he's kind of busy with Castle right now, so that would have to wait.
    Well sadly, he has said in previous interviews that he has no interest of playing any of the Ant-Men characters at all, which is sad because I think it would've been cool to see him play a Marvel Superhero, especially someone like Ant-Man. So even if he hadn't been busy with Castle, he still wouldn't have wanted to play the character...but maybe one day, his good old friend Joss Whedon could convince him or something, lol.

Originally posted by WickedJenn
    Oh nice I didn't even know that! I just saw that Craig had the newly released photo from Winter Soldier up on Avengersite but I hadn't read much else on it yet. I like Emily VanCamp a lot, and that would rock if she ended up doing a cameo on the TV show. I have only caught a few epis of Revenge but I enjoy her performance on that show. I'd be intrigued to see how they'd fit Sharon on the show if that becomes a possibility.

Yes I like where you're going with that, that was just a way out there hunch on my part but, I have a sneaking suspicion that somehow all this will tie together with other Marvel films even if only to a very small degree, even if just a mention of a character's name.

I recall back to Iron Man 2 again where we saw Tony making the device so he could construct the new element, and he found a "replica" of Captain America's shield among his father's belongings, even things like that I could see them doing, and as you say, make a character working on a costume (as Coulson had a hand in updating the Captain's) or some other such task as a way to introduce new ones on the show.
    You said it there: what this show has as well as Marvel Television does that DC Television doesn't is a shared universe: they will be connected in a lot of different way which I'm excited by.
    Last edited by AndyB; 04-08-2013, 06:01 PM.

Comment

If ever they cast Henry Pym (comics' original Ant-Man), that role has "Nathan Fillion" written all over it. And he's kind of busy with Castle right now, so that would have to wait.
      YES YES I would love that.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyB
        You said it there: what this show has as well as Marvel Television does that DC Television doesn't is a shared universe: they will be connected in a lot of different way which I'm excited by.
        I'm extremely excited by this, and I like how Marvel is doing it, bringing Coulson back and *fingers crossed* Colby Smulders! If they pull this show off, it'll be a feat in of itself, IMO.

I'm even more officially on the Marvel boat!

Comment

If S.H.I.E.L.D. is hit (and it had better be), I'd hope Maria Hill would be a series regular in Season 2.

Comment

I hoping this show is the mutant loop hole Marvel has been looking for. As far as I know FOX only has the leased rights to the X-Men movie franchise it can not go after Marvel/Disney for using the characters in a TV show. I would love to see some of the mutants in the show or even the fantastic 4 if Marvel/Disney can get away with it.

Comment

I'm not sure if we'd see the Fantastic Four at this point, even if the FOX characters were under a different TV umbrella, mostly because they're a bit too... fantastic. I think the primary goal will be to focus on characters who aren't super in a world of people who are super. It won't be as rigid with "no powers" as Arrow has been, but I can see where it would be more likely to see a human character like Tony Stark (if he'd ever even show up on TV again) than it would be to see Thor for any extended period of time.

With that said... I really do hope that the connection to the movies, especially with Whedon, can and will mean that some actors who usually do only do movies might do favors and come in as their characters from the movies. I'd love an arc with a non-Hulking-out Bruce Banner, for example, but when was the last time Mark Ruffalo did TV?

Comment

Id love it if they braught in movie actors for the show. Would be hard and would probably only be done if the actors are willing to do it as a favor and not cause they need the work.

We need Stan Lee tho. You know hes going to show up at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
                  Id love it if they braught in movie actors for the show. Would be hard and would probably only be done if the actors are willing to do it as a favor and not cause they need the work.

We need Stan Lee tho. You know hes going to show up at some point.
                  That's funny, me and @SHIELDsite were just tweeting about that: I said that they need to bring him in to make a cameo at some point and then @SHIELDsite suggested something even better: Stan Lee as Agent Coulson's father.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyB
                    That's funny, me and @SHIELDsite were just tweeting about that: I said that they need to bring him in to make a cameo at some point and then @SHIELDsite suggested something even better: Stan Lee as Agent Coulson's father.
                    That would be cool. I always thought Stan should show up in something as a characters father or grandfather. I alays thought while its sad to think that since Stan is up there in age at some point either in a movie or TV show it would be cool if his after death cameo involved a giant funeral scene. No matter what movie or show they should just bring in as many of the actors either in character or as themselves to show up at the funeral. Agian sad to think about but would probably be the most memorable moment ever in movie/tv history.

I was also thinking that what if they did some sort of time travel episode where they prevented Captian America from being Captian America and Stan could play what CA would have been if he just got old and had a normal life. Or just any character in the future to show what they would be like old. Except of course Wolverine unless it takes place a million years in the future when his age would catch up.

One thing I think would have been cool with Smallville was a DC Marvel crossover episode so if they could do something like that with this show it would be pretty cool.

Comment

With that said... I really do hope that the connection to the movies, especially with Whedon, can and will mean that some actors who usually do only do movies might do favors and come in as their characters from the movies. I'd love an arc with a non-Hulking-out Bruce Banner, for example, but when was the last time Mark Ruffalo did TV?
                      I'm am on board with that all the way. Mark Ruffalo's portrayal of Bruce Banner was the best I've seen yet, and I'd absolutely love a further introspect into his character as Bruce. I looked him up and it seems the last time he did TV was a documentary called "Independent Lens". I could see him on the S.H.I.E.L.D. show working in a lab on something for them.

Comment

I'm not sure if we'd see the Fantastic Four at this point, even if the FOX characters were under a different TV umbrella, mostly because they're a bit too... fantastic. I think the primary goal will be to focus on characters who aren't super in a world of people who are super. It won't be as rigid with "no powers" as Arrow has been, but I can see where it would be more likely to see a human character like Tony Stark (if he'd ever even show up on TV again) than it would be to see Thor for any extended period of time.

Having the fantastic 4 is not that much of a stretch. Reed could easily be a consultant to SHIELD as he is the smartest person in Marvels comic. I hope this series at least mentions the negative zone, which Reed created a passage to and SHIELD has a supervillian prison in.

Comment

I dont know if they would use Xmen or F4 people but if they do there are a few of those actors that do TV. Most are in other shows now but Alan Cumming (Nightcrawler), Kelsey Grammer (Beast), Shawn Ashmore (Ice Man), Michael Chiklas (The Thing), and the dude who played Saber Tooth in the first XMen movie all do TV so could show up. And i know Hugh Jackman probably wouldnt show up as Wolverine but i think the guy who played Desmond on LOST would make a pretty good TV Wolverine. And they can use the XMen school/Luthor/Queen Mansion in the show.

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
                            I dont know if they would use Xmen or F4 people but if they do there are a few of those actors that do TV. Most are in other shows now but Alan Cumming (Nightcrawler), Kelsey Grammer (Beast), Shawn Ashmore (Ice Man), Michael Chiklas (The Thing), and the dude who played Saber Tooth in the first XMen movie all do TV so could show up. And i know Hugh Jackman probably wouldnt show up as Wolverine but i think the guy who played Desmond on LOST would make a pretty good TV Wolverine. And they can use the XMen school/Luthor/Queen Mansion in the show.
                            I am pretty sure they would all be rebooted and recast.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that due to licensing restrictions the Fantastic Four and X-Men, and those related characters, would be completely off limits. With that said, I'd LOVE an X-Men TV show someday... maybe if Marvel ever gets the rights back?

They MIGHT be able to cheat by having Jim Hammond, the android Human Torch, since he was referenced in Captain America and all, and he wasn't created as part of the FF, but I'm pretty sure they would avoid that to not piss anyone off. Heck, when the Mutant X TV show was out, with no direct reference to the X-Men, FOX ended up suing over it infringing on their rights.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that due to licensing restrictions the Fantastic Four and X-Men, and those related characters, would be completely off limits. With that said, I'd LOVE an X-Men TV show someday... maybe if Marvel ever gets the rights back?

They MIGHT be able to cheat by having Jim Hammond, the android Human Torch, since he was referenced in Captain America and all, and he wasn't created as part of the FF, but I'm pretty sure they would avoid that to not piss anyone off. Heck, when the Mutant X TV show was out, with no direct reference to the X-Men, FOX ended up suing over it infringing on their rights.
                                The vision (in the comics) was created from the remains of Human Torch (well, a divergent one created by Immortus, but let's just streamline it for the show), so they could bring him in like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎