Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What S.H.I.E.L.D. characters from the comics would you like to see on the show?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What S.H.I.E.L.D. characters from the comics would you like to see on the show?

Eventually they will introduce some Marvel characters from the comics, and some of them will probably be characters that are members of S.H.I.E.L.D. in the comics.

Like the title of the thread says; what characters from the S.H.I.E.L.D. comics would you like to see on the show? I'm not familiar with all of them, only a couple of them and I have two lists of characters that I want to see:

List A - Characters that have already been introduced in the Marvel Cinematic Universe:

*Maria Hill (played by Cobie Smulders) - once HIMYM is done, I could/want to see her become a part of the show in its - hopefully - second season as her character would most likely fit in with the show very well.

*Nick Fury (played by Samuel Jackson) - this one is the one that I know will take a while until it happens. But look at it this way; Jackson has said in interviews that he would love to be part of the show in some form and capacity, he is a comic fan from what I have heard and as for the money part (as he is one of the expensive actors), I think he would be OK with perhaps taking a lower salary at least for a cameo, or just have his voice featured on the show in some way.

*Jasper Sitwell (played by the actor who portrayed him in the movies - forgot his name, sorry) - throughout some of the "one-shot" movies, they have introduced some of their comic book characters and had them in small roles so wouldn't it be a good idea if some of them were on this show instead where they could be more fleshed out and developed as the movies do have focus on the superheroes most of the times.

Betty Ross - Now this character has been part of the MCU since the Hulk movies and been played by two different actresses. As of now, her character hasn't been part of the later movies, especially "The Avengers". The Hulk show that Guillermo del Toro was developing is at this point in indefinite hiatus, IMO. They aren't sure regarding Hulk movies which is understandable but at least now they have a perfect actor to portray him in the Avengers movies. But until a Hulk movie happens, the current whereabouts of characters like Betty Ross, will be left unanswered.

From what I have heard and seen in some research of some Marvel Characters, Betty was apparently a member of S.H.I.E.L.D. in the comics, more specific, head of Public Relations at least in the Ultimate version (if I'm wrong, I'm sorry). With this show, they could really use the opportunity to sort of re-introduce her with a new actress portraying the role and being part of the organization and later on have her in the movies when the time comes.

List B - Characters that have yet to be introduced from the comics into the Marvel Cinematic Universe:

Marcus Johnson, son of Nick Fury - in this http://www.ksitetv.com/forums/showth...o-Will-He-Play there were suggestions/speculations that this could be the character that J. August Richards will be playing which I would love to see. They haven't shown us much of Nick Fury's background and personal sides in the movies and bringing in his son into the show would be a really cool thing for them to do and having J. playing him would once again be a cool thing!

Carol Danvers/Ms Marvel - in the Ultimate version, she is a member of S.H.I.E.L.D., and what they could do on the show is to introduce Carol before she becomes Ms Marvel as Agent Danvers and develop her into the superhero later in the series. Some people have suggested that they do a Ms. Marvel movie or introduce her in The Avengers 2 but I think it would be a lot more interesting to see her introduced as a member of the organization on the show while developing her into the hero and later on bring her into the movies. Chuck's Yvonne Strahovski has been a name that people have suggested for a few years now and personally: I would love to see her playing that character!

Jennifer Walters/She-Hulk - now this one could be tricky because it could be expensive or something to have her as the She-Hulk every week/every third episode/something like that and while I'm not familiar with her origins etc, I would love to see her as the high-skilled lawyer that she is. Maybe they could do the same that I suggested for Ms. Marvel to introduce the character before she becomes/is She-Hulk (depending on how her powers work and how she becomes She-Hulk) and later on bring her into the movies. I don't know who I would cast so I would love to see your suggestions!

Those are the ones that I would love to see - now, what characters would you want to see on the show? Go!

I'd like to see Bobbi Morse, A.K.A. Mockingbird. Since that ABC Family show seems to not be happening, and Bobbi WAS a member of S.H.I.E.L.D., she'd be a perfect fit.

Comment

I think they could do She Hulk like maybe her character before she becomes She Hulk or something. Or they can just kind of have her Hulk out in the shadows and maybe only give us a good look during a finale or sweeps week or something. And if she is the only CGI character it could work and not cost much. Once Upon A Time which is on ABC too has a lot of CGI for a tv show and most of its pretty awesome so its possible.

Just wondering. For those they get on the show would they be obligated to appear in a future Avengers movie? Cause if not they might want to use bigger characters just for the movies and some of the human basic characters for the tv show.

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
        I think they could do She Hulk like maybe her character before she becomes She Hulk or something. Or they can just kind of have her Hulk out in the shadows and maybe only give us a good look during a finale or sweeps week or something. And if she is the only CGI character it could work and not cost much. Once Upon A Time which is on ABC too has a lot of CGI for a tv show and most of its pretty awesome so its possible.

Just wondering. For those they get on the show would they be obligated to appear in a future Avengers movie? Cause if not they might want to use bigger characters just for the movies and some of the human basic characters for the tv show.
        Technically I don't think they are obligated to appear in the movies: however, Clark Gregg do still have a few movies left in his contract that he has to do so technically he is the only one. However, since ABC is part of Disney/Marvel, I could see the possibility that the actors (the new ones) perhaps signed some multi-deal that would include perhaps some appearances in some of the movies, in case Joss Whedon would feel that it would be good/necessary to have the agents on the TV show in some of the movies. So far I haven't heard anything from the new actors that they have signed a deal that includes Avengers movies as well but who knows, there could be some secrets that we don't know about just yet.

I like your idea of them using some of their human basic characters for the show: characters without superpowers will be cheap and they will still be able to do just as much with the character as far as fleshing them out and developing them, goes.

I would however want to see some of the so called "bigger characters" for the TV show as well - while some of them do function much better on the big screen, I think some may work better on the small screen when you can spend a number of episodes in the season on developing them. What S.H.I.E.L.D. has that DC Television currently doesn't have, is the great opportunity of the shared cinematic universe: have some of the bigger heroes be introduced through the show and then somewhere later on, bring them into the movies.

Comment

On a She-Hulk note, I'm not sure I'd want to actually see the She-Hulk introduced on TV, but if they need a lawyer, Jennifer Walters would be a nice choice, if they can't get Matt Murdock.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
            On a She-Hulk note, I'm not sure I'd want to actually see the She-Hulk introduced on TV, but if they need a lawyer, Jennifer Walters would be a nice choice, if they can't get Matt Murdock.
            I had totally forgot that Marvel/Disney got the rights again for Murdock/Daredevil so if they would introduce him into the show as their lawyer, I wouldn't mind that.
            Last edited by AndyB; 04-06-2013, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyB
              Carol Danvers/Ms Marvel - in the Ultimate version, she is a member of S.H.I.E.L.D., and what they could do on the show is to introduce Carol before she becomes Ms Marvel as Agent Danvers and develop her into the superhero later in the series. Some people have suggested that they do a Ms. Marvel movie or introduce her in The Avengers 2 but I think it would be a lot more interesting to see her introduced as a member of the organization on the show while developing her into the hero and later on bring her into the movies. Chuck's Yvonne Strahovski has been a name that people have suggested for a few years now and personally: I would love to see her playing that character!
              I would rather see Yvonne as Black Canary in a Justice League movie, but the idea of Joss writing for her is really tempting too.

Comment

I had totally forgot that Marvel/Disney got the rights again for Murdock/Daredevil so if they would introduce him into the show as their lawyer, I wouldn't mind that.
                Did they get the rights to Daredevil back? I was really confused about all that. I thought it was the Silver Surfer or Galactus that they got back... they got Daredevil too?

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
                  Did they get the rights to Daredevil back? I was really confused about all that. I thought it was the Silver Surfer or Galactus that they got back... they got Daredevil too?
                  According to reports last fall: Marvel/Disney were trying to get Silver Surfer and/or Galactus back by giving Fox more time to work on their Daredevil film that was in development but Fox didn't want to give up the rights so at the start of October (I think it was between the 8th-10th) the rights to Daredevil went back to Marvel as Fox had scrapped their Daredevil project a few weeks before the rights went back.

Comment

Shield agents I want to see:
                    Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill is pretty much a given to least guest star on SHIELD.

I would to see pretty much anyone from the next Captain America film, Emily Van Camp especially, since she already works with abc.

I would love to see Ms Marvel but I would prefer her to have her own movie. As far as casting Aliana Huffman, Katee Sackhoff, or Jennifer Morrison would be ideal if said was going to appear on SHIELD.

As far as outside of the SHIELD organization but on the show, Doctor Strange is a biggie for me. Patrick Dempsey is an obvious choice to play the doctor turned sorcerer supreme.
                    Last edited by Degobunny; 04-08-2013, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber
                      I would rather see Yvonne as Black Canary in a Justice League movie, but the idea of Joss writing for her is really tempting too.
                      Yvonne would be perfect as Black Canary.

Comment

Thank you very much AndyB for making those lists, I'm a Marvel newbie, especially in regards to S.H.I.E.L.D. direct participation. I see now I have to do lots more background reading!

Going by your list up there, I do think it would be cool to see Nick Fury's son on there. I echo your sentiments about seeing a more personal side of Nick through his son, as we were not shown any of that in any of the films he's been in.

I recall something Fury said in Iron Man 2, how Howard Stark was a founding member of S.H.I.E.L.D., delving into some of its history there. I wonder, if Marcus Johnson ends up being on the show, if they'll show us any history there.

Hmm, this is interesting. I've done a little research and it mentions that Sharon Carter, an agent under Fury, was first Peggy Carter's sister then her niece. Again I'm not schooled on all this but I think I'd like to see her on there. I see how she has ties to Captain America and Henry Pym (hmm, Ant-Man film)...

Comment

Originally posted by WickedJenn
                          Thank you very much AndyB for making those lists, I'm a Marvel newbie, especially in regards to S.H.I.E.L.D. direct participation. I see now I have to do lots more background reading!

Going by your list up there, I do think it would be cool to see Nick Fury's son on there. I echo your sentiments about seeing a more personal side of Nick through his son, as we were not shown any of that in any of the films he's been in.

I recall something Fury said in Iron Man 2, how Howard Stark was a founding member of S.H.I.E.L.D., delving into some of its history there. I wonder, if Marcus Johnson ends up being on the show, if they'll show us any history there.

Hmm, this is interesting. I've done a little research and it mentions that Sharon Carter, an agent under Fury, was first Peggy Carter's sister then her niece. Again I'm not schooled on all this but I think I'd like to see her on there. I see how she has ties to Captain America and Henry Pym (hmm, Ant-Man film)...
                          First of all; you are so welcome WickedJenn! Regarding Sharon Carter; Revenge's Emily VanCamp is going to play Sharon in the upcoming Captain America sequel, Captain America: The Winter Soldier so they will already be establishing her in that movie. But the positive part about this is that Revenge is on ABC, the same network that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will be on and VanCamp is the lead on that show so I could see her doing a cameo or two, and possibly even one full episode on SHIELD as Sharon.

You mentioned Ant-Man at the very end: I know that Edgar Wright has written a script for a Ant-Man movie which he will direct as well for a November 6, 2015 release but since there are multiple characters who has been Ant-Man in the comics, maybe they could introduce one of them on the show?

I know that two of them has been members of SHIELD in the comics and while there has been rumors to introduce more than of them in the movie, I think to have one of them being part of the TV show would be an interesting idea and a good way to introduce Ant-Man to a majority of the audience that yet has been introduced to this/these character(s). I don't know what their roles were in the organization but maybe one of them could be working on developing the Ant-Man suit or whatever (I'm not sure what they actually do in the comics so I would have to do some research to find out). This could also be one of those cases to have a character on the show before he/she becomes the hero which I wouldn't mind.

Comment

First of all; you are so welcome WickedJenn! Regarding Sharon Carter; Revenge's Emily VanCamp is going to play Sharon in the upcoming Captain America sequel, Captain America: The Winter Soldier so they will already be establishing her in that movie. But the positive part about this is that Revenge is on ABC, the same network that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will be on and VanCamp is the lead on that show so I could see her doing a cameo or two, and possibly even one full episode on SHIELD as Sharon.

You mentioned Ant-Man at the very end: I know that Edgar Wright has written a script for a Ant-Man movie which he will direct as well for a November 6, 2015 release but since there are multiple characters who has been Ant-Man in the comics, maybe they could introduce one of them on the show?

I know that two of them has been members of SHIELD in the comics and while there has been rumors to introduce more than of them in the movie, I think to have one of them being part of the TV show would be an interesting idea and a good way to introduce Ant-Man to a majority of the audience that yet has been introduced to this/these character(s). I don't know what their roles were in the organization but maybe one of them could be working on developing the Ant-Man suit or whatever (I'm not sure what they actually do in the comics so I would have to do some research to find out). This could also be one of those cases to have a character on the show before he/she becomes the hero which I wouldn't mind.
                            Oh nice I didn't even know that! I just saw that Craig had the newly released photo from Winter Soldier up on Avengersite but I hadn't read much else on it yet. I like Emily VanCamp a lot, and that would rock if she ended up doing a cameo on the TV show. I have only caught a few epis of Revenge but I enjoy her performance on that show. I'd be intrigued to see how they'd fit Sharon on the show if that becomes a possibility.

Yes I like where you're going with that, that was just a way out there hunch on my part but, I have a sneaking suspicion that somehow all this will tie together with other Marvel films even if only to a very small degree, even if just a mention of a character's name.

I recall back to Iron Man 2 again where we saw Tony making the device so he could construct the new element, and he found a "replica" of Captain America's shield among his father's belongings, even things like that I could see them doing, and as you say, make a character working on a costume (as Coulson had a hand in updating the Captain's) or some other such task as a way to introduce new ones on the show.

Comment

If ever they cast Henry Pym (comics' original Ant-Man), that role has "Nathan Fillion" written all over it. And he's kind of busy with Castle right now, so that would have to wait.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎