Smallville finished... anger no Justin Hartley as Arrow...boycott ended

I refused to watch the show because as soon as I herd they were making a spin off called Arrow I automatically assumed Hartley would kick ass. I'm not gay, not that there is anything wrong with it, but Hartley was fit as a nice pair of flippers!

Anyhow kept seeing trailers for it finally started watching this new fella '
    Stephen Amell' (had to Google his name) playing Arrow.

Have to admit it is a good show love flashbacks and the mystery.

I have watched the opening 3 or 4 episodes of it. At least Arrow's sister is kinda good looking. But had some questions for long time viewers

• Why no fit bikini girls walking out of Arrows pad etc.. like in Smallville?
    • Why not show the Arrow topless more? In hot scenes/showering etc.to
    • Why does he keep talking to himself i.e. narrate to the audience 'I must avenge my father.. the city has fallen'
    • Why not as yet, some other hero friends from comics if there were some come in and helped him or kicked his ass. Long term stuff.
    • Why is the guy so serious? Smallville's Arrow used to smile and bang hot chicks drink booze

I've been watching Spartacus and a Game of Thrones so probably that has messed my mind since innocent Smallville.

Zod.

The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar
    To answer your concerns:

- There are plenty of hot girls at the Verdant club.
    - There are many episodes with the Arrow in various states of shirtlessness. Usually they happen when he's working out. Sometimes he's even shirtless and upside down at the same time!
    - He doesn't talk to himself so much anymore. That was mostly in the first 2-3 episodes before he had anyone to talk to.
    - The Huntress has come in. And Deathstroke! And this time Deathstroke doesn't look like the grandpa from Teen Wolf. Advantage: Arrow. In fact, being a fan of Spartacus you might recognize the actor playing Slade Wilson.
    - You would be pretty serious too if you were on a dangerous island for 5 years. I do hope he lightens up over time, but first he's got to get over everything he saw or did on the island.

Quote Originally Posted by KSiteTV View Post
    To answer your concerns:

- There are plenty of hot girls at the Verdant club.
    - There are many episodes with the Arrow in various states of shirtlessness. Usually they happen when he's working out. Sometimes he's even shirtless and upside down at the same time!
    - He doesn't talk to himself so much anymore. That was mostly in the first 2-3 episodes before he had anyone to talk to.
    - The Huntress has come in. And Deathstroke! And this time Deathstroke doesn't look like the grandpa from Teen Wolf. Advantage: Arrow. In fact, being a fan of Spartacus you might recognize the actor playing Slade Wilson.
    - You would be pretty serious too if you were on a dangerous island for 5 years. I do hope he lightens up over time, but first he's got to get over everything he saw or did on the island.
    Thanks for the reply, 'KSiteTV', (your username is cool it is in italics are you a mod?)

-Think I'm on episode 4 they're planning on opening a club that's probably the Verdant club, nice times ahead lol
    -Yeah true, but so far it's been in the dark I want to see his body in daylight, lol , but need to watch out for more toplessness and this upside-down business
    -Oh right, cause it got a bit annoying he kept pulling a note book out and saying these people have wronged my city, no passion in his voice
    -Manu Bennett, the mighty undefeated GAUL!, is in Arrow??????????? OMFG and plays, hopefully a ongoing role. DeathStroke (google images this fella looks scary!) and The Huntress (looks sexy), this sounds fun.
    - Nah I don't know people are different if I'd been rescued from an island, regardless of the situation I'd go maaaaaaaaaaad doing crazy things. In Smallville Mr Queen just seems to be chilling out most of the time/busting jokes with Clark.

Posting Pro
    The parents of Hartley's Oliver were killed when he was young, and he had years to deal with it. In Season 8 of Smallville, he was on an island for three years, all alone, and learned the bow as a matter of survival. Amell's Oliver had to learn it for survival of a different kind, as you'll see as you go further in the series. He is a much more intense version of Oliver Queen than Hartley's; Hartley's also had the advantage of being someone who had already established his playboy majesty. Amell's Queen is working on it, but it is very difficult to pretend when your such an intense individual at heart.

My personal viewpoint is this first season has been about moving Oliver away from being just a vigilante and taking him down the path to become an actual hero. But this was never a spin-off. They talked about doing it as a spin-off, but decided to do a new, original series rather than piggy-back off of SMallville. Also, maybe its just personal preference, but I like the Nolan-esque take on the series. I'm personally looking forward to the new Superman movie to see how its been influenced.

Anyways, the season gets better with each episode. My nephew prefers reality shows, and he got hooked on Arrow with just the pilot.

Anyways, just my two cents.

New In Town
    i've been watching the, a number of episodes in. i'd say it's like a grade B or C version of the Nolan-like style. quite dramatic, mixed with neat visuals (arrow's physical appeal, modern day like fight scenes). not sure how much of a fan i'll be of this series. i too am excited for the upcoming Superman.

and yeah, definitely not a spin off of Smallville.

Forum Regular
    Who cares!!!!! Honestly this show is amazing!!! I love stephen amell as arrow!!! Perfect choice!!!! I like a new change and + we need a serious hero... Watch arrow!!! Its amazing!!! My fave tv show !!!!!!!!