1 5.00%
  • 1--Bad

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    New In Town
    ^Totally!!! !!!

The Kid of Tomorrow kylethesuperkid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dru-zod2501 View Post
    this filler arc doesn't yet pique my interest, but I will say once I read the last page the theme song immediately started playing in my head.

C'mon admit it! Who else was like "Lana?!.... SOMEBODY SAAAAAAAAVE MEEEE!!! LET YOUR WARM HANDS BREAK RIGHT THROUGH...."
    Hahaha, you're not alone, I heard the exact same thing.

I love how the first chapter of each episode/arc is a scene that would transition into the opening theme song, just like the show.
    "I'm just doing my job" with Guardian, "We're going to Metropolis" in Detective, "This speed thing's a killer" (the reintroduction of Bart) in Haunted, "It's Martian" in Effigy, and now "Holy. Crap. Lana?!" in Valkyrie. I immediately hear the Save Me theme song after each of these scenes.

Anyways, I thought this chapter was fantastic. It's cool that Lois is getting to do her own thing, while Clark is dealing with his own business. Instead of Clark out saving the world while Lois is sitting at home on the couch.

Cat Stagg's artwork is great, and you honestly get a lot more invested into the story when the artwork looks like it's supposed to (in Smallville Season 11's case, each character remotely resembling the actors that played them on the show). So yeah, it's cool getting to see Erica Durance as Lois...without...Erica Durance...actually being...Lois.

And of course, I can't wait to hear what Lana's been up to, and how she's been using her powers. I was actually one of the very few fans who actually liked Lana throughout the series, but her sendoff was weak, and left a bad taste in my mouth, and I hope BQM has some way to redeem that terrible storyline of hers.

Anyways, great chapter.

Site Groupie
    I loved it! Mainly because it was Lois in almost every page.

I was expecting Lois and Lana to share panels, literally 50-50. And even though I've read that the side story would be Lois-centric, I was still expecting the bulk to be about Lana's life since she left SV.

It's 4 issues, so maybe the next 2 or 3 would be mostly Lana; I'm really interested to know her back story. I'm hoping Lana goes back to being "normal"--I'm not sure I like her literally powered up and being a super-hero. Women can show girl-power not necessarily through physical strength... also wonder if BQM will touch on where green-K-infected Lana was during the clone-Zod arc of S9.

I'm grateful to BQM for giving Lois such awesome lines, for "guesting" Mr. Perry White and bringing back Lana Lang (with hopefully, a better story arc than S8's AoS-- anything has to be better than that, right?)

Special thanks to Cat Staggs for giving us SV's Lois Lane. Her rendition of the Durance was amazing!

Site Groupie
    Quote Originally Posted by MozartRequiem View Post
    This was a great issue. It was so much fun to see the everyone's curiosity about Superman -- from the child to the adults with their innuendo-filled questions -- and to see Lois's classic handling of it all. And the twist at the end with Lana was excellent. It fits Lana's character post season six to be more of an "antihero" than a traditional "superhero", so I thought that was an interesting aspect as well. All around great stuff and very excited to see her back.
    Thank you.

I love reading posts specially about those that I've either noticed or particularly liked on the show, or in this case, the panels. But even more so the posts about what I didn't get right away!

You explained the reason of the airplane scene; basically answering someone's post about the randomness of the first pages. Isn't that how it works in showbiz or life in general, people in contact with certain personalities are asked how so-and-so are really like?

If you get to read this, would you mind posting more about the: more of an "antihero" than a traditional "superhero"? I'm wondering if this is about the Angel of the Plateau not being seen (and even presumed to be male) by the general public, and wouldn't this be comparable to the RBB's then the Blur's work in Metropolis?

Site Groupie
    Quote Originally Posted by KSiteTV View Post
    Instead of embedding a photo, why not link people to the article?

http://www.ksitetv.com/smallville/ju...doomsday/21267

Anyway... I think Cat Staggs got the likeness of Lois really well. Bryan writes a great Lois and if DC were to ever do a Lois Lane series I'd hope he'd be on speed dial. I can't really comment on Lana yet because we haven't really seen much of her, but Lois needs to be careful what she calls red caped people in public.

And Perry White! I LOVED seeing Perry... and Lois causing a scene is so very Lois. I liked it.
    omg, yes! I dunno why I wasn't expecting to see Mr. White; it was a happy surprise. (Funny about the placement of "chief" and the "ghost" in the dialogue!)

Cat Staggs certainly did not disappoint. Maybe I was expecting a lot since her SVS11 digital cover art works are amazing. She got ED's--uhm, Lois' lip-bite, wink, even the facial expression and hand gestures; if I squint at an angle, it's like seeing a scene from the tv show.

I agree that Lois should be more careful next time. But I can't blame her, I guess she was expecting Clark to save her. It's quite possible for the \S/ watch to have sent a signal when Lois struggled to free her right wrist. As ArtgirlTexas has posted, the truck-about-to-fall-on-her scene was very similar to the "the helicopter fell on her" scene. Love the action (and Lois' lines) in both.

It would prob be better if Lois said Superman instead of Clark. Maybe when a tank or an elephant will be dropped next time...

I do wonder how the dialogue would be when CK's the topic between the LLs ...

Site Groupie
    And speaking of red capes...

The sneak peek of Lana has shown a mystery woman with her head and part of her face covered with a beige or light brown cloth/pashmina/cape.

How "timely" that the sun shining brightly at that angle, sand and dust all around, gun-fire plus explosions ringing in your ears and the Angel of the Plateau would be wearing a red covering fluttering in the air, all just to have Lois mistakenly invoke Clark's name...

Quote Originally Posted by harryandginnyfanatic View Post
    Sucks that it's only in 4 parts. I would have liked a story like this to go longer. Oh well.

I think we might have gotten a hint to this in Haunted.

Congrats to all those who spec'd it was Lana!

And I agree, too bad it's only 4 issues.

But as someone pointed out (not sure if I read it here at K-site or over in Tumblr) that maybe it's better that this is a limited arc. It will be appreciated more. The story and dialogue will be condensed that we get the best of the cream. Hopefully.

I thought I'd share these great parallels here too

source

Nice work, R.

Quote Originally Posted by skully View Post
    Nice work, R.
    Oh no, I can't take credit for making them , I just found that post on tumblr

Hehe. Oh well, nice work for sharing it with us.

Site Groupie

source:bionictorch via:durancer

Smallville (Season 11): LOIS LANE — Issue #8 & #40

Unapologetic Chloe fan ArtgirlTexas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sunset View Post

Love it!

Site Groupie
    tweeted by bqm:

[Release sked of SVS11 digital]

4/12 - Argo 1
    4/19 - Argo 2
    4/26 - Argo 3
    5/3 - Valkyrie 2
    5/10 - Valkyrie 3
    5/17 - Argo 4

I love that. I wonder what the next thing to almost fall on her is going to be.

tweeted by bqm:

[Release sked of SVS11 digital]

4/12 - Argo 1
    4/19 - Argo 2
    4/26 - Argo 3
    5/3 - Valkyrie 2
    5/10 - Valkyrie 3
    5/17 - Argo 4
    Thanks for the info sunset! I was wondering what was the order of the next issues, as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast