0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

1 5.00%
  • 1--Bad

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Smallville Season 11 Comic #41: "Valkyrie" Chapter 1 (4-6-2013)

what did you all think? review here.

This was a great issue. It was so much fun to see the everyone's curiosity about Superman -- from the child to the adults with their innuendo-filled questions -- and to see Lois's classic handling of it all. And the twist at the end with Lana was excellent. It fits Lana's character post season six to be more of an "antihero" than a traditional "superhero", so I thought that was an interesting aspect as well. All around great stuff and very excited to see her back.

Settling In
    Wow, that came out of nowhere, the beginning was a bit random but that ending made up for it.

Also i read somewhere that doomsday is coming back, that true?
    Last edited by Tylerr; 04-06-2013 at 10:44 AM.

Yes, it's true. Below is the cover of Argo's third print issue.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Smvls11_cv15_02.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	15360

The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar
    Instead of embedding a photo, why not link people to the article?

http://www.ksitetv.com/smallville/ju...doomsday/21267

Anyway... I think Cat Staggs got the likeness of Lois really well. Bryan writes a great Lois and if DC were to ever do a Lois Lane series I'd hope he'd be on speed dial. I can't really comment on Lana yet because we haven't really seen much of her, but Lois needs to be careful what she calls red caped people in public.

And Perry White! I LOVED seeing Perry... and Lois causing a scene is so very Lois. I liked it.

Because I didn't see the article. Will do next time.

Gone
    Good start to the story. Now we have to wait a month for the next one.

Banned
    Good first issue. BQM kills it with his Lois and good to see Perry in it too.

Unapologetic Chloe fan ArtgirlTexas's Avatar
    I thought this was a great start to the next arc. Lots of Lois-y moments that made me happy, especially her comment to Perry about "mischief managed" and then her comment "and then a truck fell on her" which recalled her "and then a helicopter fell on her" from issue #8. And the reappearance of Perry!

Lana's never been my favorite character, but I am very interested in what she's been doing, and how she's managed to avoid Clark as he zips around the world doing SM stuff.

And the art makes me happy, too. The details make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by costas22 View Post
    Good start to the story. Now we have to wait a month for the next one.
    LOL, that's what sucks for those side stories. Still, nice to have Smallville every week one way or another. I enjoyed it as well. Cat Staggs knocked it out of the park. Very nice to see Perry and Lois is being her usual awesome self. BQM knows how to write her character flawlessly. I hope they do Lana justice because I honestly am not really thrilled to see her back after her S8 stint. Make me like her again, BQM!

Incurable Postaholic bigvillir001's Avatar
    great issue. cat staggs art amazing writting amazing

Gone
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnR View Post
    LOL, that's what sucks for those side stories. Still, nice to have Smallville every week one way or another. I enjoyed it as well. Cat Staggs knocked it out of the park. Very nice to see Perry and Lois is being her usual awesome self. BQM knows how to write her character flawlessly. I hope they do Lana justice because I honestly am not really thrilled to see her back after her S8 stint. Make me like her again, BQM!
    Heh, I'm hoping they do her justice too. But I do have confidence in BQM that he won't dramatize her character like others did in the past. It's not his style.

Thank you Smallville harryandginnyfanatic's Avatar
    Sucks that it's only in 4 parts. I would have liked a story like this to go longer. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtgirlTexas View Post
    Lana's never been my favorite character, but I am very interested in what she's been doing, and how she's managed to avoid Clark as he zips around the world doing SM stuff.
    I think we might have gotten a hint to this in Haunted.

Last edited by harryandginnyfanatic; 04-06-2013 at 03:50 PM.

One thing I hope is they don't make her a member of the Justice League down the line. There's just no need for this whatsoever. I think BQM knows better.

I reject your reality dru-zod2501's Avatar
    this filler arc doesn't yet pique my interest, but I will say once I read the last page the theme song immediately started playing in my head.

C'mon admit it! Who else was like "Lana?!.... SOMEBODY SAAAAAAAAVE MEEEE!!! LET YOUR WARM HANDS BREAK RIGHT THROUGH...."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast