No announcement yet.

Some questions:

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some questions:

Are Quentin and Mrs. Lance still technically married? Like, did she just up and leave one day, or did they get divorced? And is the reason she left because she thought Sarah was alive? And if she just left, is the reason she didn't tell her family why she was leaving because she felt guilty because she didn't stop Sarah from going on the boat? Also, we saw a scene of Mrs. Lance saying goodbye to Laurel, but not Quentin...I would think that would be an important scene, right? I mean they were/are married...

Any thoughts?

Hm, I always assumed that they were divorced, but the fact that Mrs. Lance kept that name may indicate that they're not. I'm not sure when/why she left originally, but most likely the scene at the end with her and Quentin was cut out due to time constraints. *shrug*

Comment

Hm interesting question, dont think they ever said it straight out that they were divorced but I assumed they were as well. Quentin looked quite happy around her and it didnt seem too awkward, like if they were divorced it would be.
      I think that it culd be a mix of both your ideas, she leaves out of guilt but cant let go and started chasing up every lead she could maybe. I dont think they're done with this storyline though and they'll pick it up again at some other point, maybe in season 2?

Comment

It brings up the question, though: is it a good idea to bring Sarah back? Were things simpler when she was for sure dead? What direction is this idea taking these three characters?

Comment

Hm interesting question, dont think they ever said it straight out that they were divorced but I assumed they were as well. Quentin looked quite happy around her and it didnt seem too awkward, like if they were divorced it would be.
          I thought they were divorced. At the very least, they were estranged. Quentin definitely was not happy to see her. Actually, I quite like the sort extra attention/zoom-in to hand-on-arm/hand-on-hand bit while Laurel is saying a lot has changed. They were, IMO, rather acting very "togther-y" in that scene. Like "what else went on when Laurel was gone?" Not that I actually think there was any sort of reconciliation, just that their attitudes acted like there was, I guess, because of the situation and their optimism. A little insight into what they used to be like.

Did Dinah say when she started thinking Sarah was alive? My impression was that her hunt/belief probably didn't start until Oliver was found. Because that's when it became possible to her. Certainly, neither Laurel nor Quentin had a clue she had that idea until she showed up this time.

Comment

It brings up the question, though: is it a good idea to bring Sarah back? Were things simpler when she was for sure dead? What direction is this idea taking these three characters?
            I am totally fine with Sarah being dead (even if I don't believe she actually is.) Adding more characters leaves less room for the ones we currently have to be fleshed out. Plus, I really want Black Canary to be taken up by Laurel and not Sarah (like I feel she is going to.)

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarasa
              I am totally fine with Sarah being dead (even if I don't believe she actually is.) Adding more characters leaves less room for the ones we currently have to be fleshed out. Plus, I really want Black Canary to be taken up by Laurel and not Sarah (like I feel she is going to.)
              I agree, the main characters are getting a little crowded, but it's been working so far...I do think that Sarah coming back wouldn't be good for anyone, though, and it would be a needlessly messy plot.

Comment

Originally posted by groovinreuvin
                I do think that Sarah coming back wouldn't be good for anyone, though, and it would be a needlessly messy plot.
                Definitely agree with this, though they have spent quite a lot of time on it if its just a throwaway plot, hoping it somehow leads to Laurel becoming Black Canary. Want to see her doing more fighting as shes already shown shes capable. But yeah, Sarah should stay dead.

Comment

I have a short question, too... at the end of this episode... when oliver said that laurel misses her... she answers that she misses them both... did she mean her mother and sarah or oliver and sarah?
                  o__O
                  could be both if you ask me...

Comment

Originally posted by LadyVuitton
                    I have a short question, too... at the end of this episode... when oliver said that laurel misses her... she answers that she misses them both... did she mean her mother and sarah or oliver and sarah?
                    o__O
                    could be both if you ask me...
                    There were a lot of unexpressed feelings in this scene, but I think Laurel meant Sarah and her mom, rather than Sarah and Oliver. After all, her mom had just left Starling city and she didn't know if and when she would come back and Sarah is (presumably) dead. On the other hand, Oliver is at least physically present, even if they are not together.

Oh, and since she said "I miss them both", she couldn't really refer to Ollie and Sarah, could she? After all, she was talking to Oliver.
                    Last edited by evaba; 04-05-2013, 05:15 AM.

Comment

you're probably right.

But I think she could have refered to Oliver and Sarah even if she was talking to Oliver himself, because I felt like her answer to his: "you miss her" came out a little too fast... like she didn't really think about it and who she was talking to... maybe she just said what she was feeling that very moment - And (another) maybe () at this point she might feel like Oliver is gone along with Sarah and to some degree that's true... he came back completely different than he was before, right? And their relationship is very different as well...

She might as well be used to say that she misses them both (Oliver and Sarah)- Because it seems to me like the whole "Sarah" subject is something the Lance's don't talk about much... and this makes me also think that she meant Oliver instead of her mum because when talking about Sarah's death (and Oliver's) - 5 years ago... she would tell everyone that she misses them both- which changed when Oliver was found 8 months ago but she didn't think about that .... what do you think?
                      Last edited by LadyVuitton; 04-05-2013, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎