Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Salvation?"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally, I'm fine with Sarah being still dead - that leaves the door open for Laurel to take up the Black Canary mantel rather than some random character we've never met.

Also, I caught two references to Red Arrow - the one everyone's already said (Roy holding the arrow, standing in the red light) and also at one point before that. After Oliver had rescued him he's staring at the bloody arrow sticking out of the guys chest; that arrow is literally red.

I like how this indicates he is going to skip being Speedy and go straight over to Red Arrow (though it's not like we've ever heard Oliver called Green Arrow) which still leaves the door open for Thea/Mia to become Speedy at some point as well.

Comment

An ok episode. Nothing special imo. Personally, I found the Central city line kind of cheesy, lol.

The most interesting part of the episode for me was Moira's conniving. She's definitely in deep now. Dark Archer's appearance also helped answer an answer I've had since Year's End. Who were the people he told Oliver he worked for. He meant himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarasa
        I like how this indicates he is going to skip being Speedy and go straight over to Red Arrow (though it's not like we've ever heard Oliver called Green Arrow)
        Well, who knows, maybe introducing Roy as his sidekick will give them a reason to specify the two Arrow characters by the color they wear?

Comment

Interesting episode, I really liked the development of Roy Harper. He now knows someone really cares for him (Thea) and maybe he will start to see himself as worth saving. I think that was the reason behind the scene in the bar with Roy looking at the arrow.

As for the line about Central City and the flash, I think I was just meant to be acutesy line such
          as saying it would be Super to visit Metropolis or it would be a Batty idea to visit Gotham.

As for Moira, She told Frank she would do anything to save her family. Apparently that includes giving up her friends and confidants. The blood on her hands was a little bit too Macbeth for my personal tastes.

Overall give the episode an 8

Comment

This was one of my favourite episodes, the parkour scene was amazing and we got a tiny bit more of Dark Archer who i've been waiting to see again. Glad they're not rushing into making Roy into Red Arrow immedietly. Did anyone else find it weird seeing a smile on Quentins face? Not used to that happening. Also I get the feeling we're not quite done with the Sarah storyline as it didnt really seem to go anywhere at all other than to get Laurel and her dad talking again.

Comment

Pretty decent episode the ending of the episode was great.

Loved the Flash/Central City line.

Comment

Fantastic episode. One of the best of the season. IMO the show is really firing on all cylinders right now. All the Felicity scenes were great. Also the Roy and Thea sequences were good too. Just great stuff.

Comment

I loved it I had to watch it a 2nd time because I missed the first 15 minutes last night so I had to watch it again to see what I missed.

Comment

Really great episode. I especially liked the Lance family scenes and Yao Fei's daughter beating up those guys. I also like how we are slowly seeing Oliver become more emotional.

Comment

Originally posted by Quark
                      I also like how we are slowly seeing Oliver become more emotional.
                      Its cool how Island Ollie is becoming more detached in the flashbacks as in hes becoming more emotional in the present day

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel_IV
                        Its cool how Island Ollie is becoming more detached in the flashbacks as in hes becoming more emotional in the present day
                        Very good observation.

Almost everyone expressed (directly or indirectly) how alone they feel in this episode. I'm going to listen to Dark Side of the Moon now.

Comment

Originally posted by CookieMonster5150
                          Very good observation.

Almost everyone expressed (directly or indirectly) how alone they feel in this episode. I'm going to listen to Dark Side of the Moon now.
                          Thanks, great choice in music btw

Comment

Hi everyone,

Here are my thoughts on episode 18. English is not my native language, so if anything I write sounds odd or incomprehensible, you'll know why!

The "shirtless moment" came in early this episode, with Oliver doing his daily work out right above Felicity's head. Felicity was amazingly cool about the whole thing - I would have been a lot more flustered.....but maybe she is used to it by now! I thought this scene was hilarious, but I don't know whether it was intended or not. I mean, Oliver's whole shirtless workout routine in front of Felicity and Diggles seems kind of exhibitionistic.... as if he couldn't do his exercises when he is alone in the Arrowcave. And in general, the idea of carrying on a serious conversation about evil landlords while you're upside down flexing your muscles is kind of silly. But who am I to complain...after all, I got my weekly dose of Oliver/Stephen eye candy!

There were lots of things to like in this episode, especially in terms of character development.

Felicity had some great moments, and I'm really glad that the writers decided to tone down the "geeky IT-girl" mannerisms and add some new dimensions to her character. Her scenes with Oliver after she failed to find the Glades killer were really touching, especially the last one. I guess they were meant as a nod to all the Olicity shippers out there, and although I'm not really an Olicity shipper, I thought it was nicely done.

The Lances-despite the fact that it was odd to hear Alex Kingston speak in an American accent, I enjoyed seeing them together, especially since their interaction in this episode brought some closure, both to the Sarah Lance story line and to Laurel's relationship with her mother. She went from refusing to answer her mother's call in the last (or before last?) episode, to actually asking her to stay in touch, before Dinah senior disappeared "in a flash" . Hopefully the two of them will be able to have a more normal mother-daughter relationship, at least "off-screen". Despite all the family drama, Quentin also seemed more relaxed in this episode than in the previous ones, maybe because he finally got some time off from being one of the two detectives currently working for the Starling city police department!

Loved the man-to-man talk between Diggles and Oliver at the diner-in general, their "bromance" is one of the highlights of the show as far as I'm concerned. Diggles is my second favourite character after Oliver, and I personally find their friendship a lot more real and deep than the Tommy-Oliver friendship. They may come from different backgrounds, but I think Diggles understands Oliver in a way that Tommy never will- he seems to sense when Oliver is not OK, and gets him to talk about what is bothering him. Diggles also got the best line in this ep: "I don't think you've left that island yet".

Roy Harper-Colton Haynes- I've never seen Colton Haynes on screen before, so I didn't know what to expect, but I thought he was actually very good as Roy Harper-all other comparisons aside, he's got something of James Dean's "tough but vulnerable" persona. When he tells the Saviour (?) to kill him because he is worthless anyway, you really got the sense that he is tired of his life of crime and that he is ready to begin something new...I guess we'll have to see what happens in the following episodes.

Also loved the scene with Laurel and Oliver. Their relationship has either been full of angst (because of his guilt and her anger) or awkward (because of the fact that she's dating his best friend). Their conversation gave some promises that they will finally be able to connect to each other in a less stressful manner...and Oliver's comment about not wanting to be on an island anymore tied in very nicely with his previous conversation with Diggles.

There's a lot more to be said about this episode, but I have to stop here. I'll give it an eight out of ten...I feel I have to save the tens for the concluding episodes, which promise to be amazing.
                            Last edited by evaba; 03-29-2013, 06:32 AM.

Comment

10!

I felt bad for Felicity and glad Ollie stepped up with her. Interesting with Roy...I am hoping Arsenal rather than Red Arrow or Speedy with him.

I am hoping there will be a "Flash" on the show...liked the anvil!

Comment

Very good episode:

Loved how we got to see what Oliver does finally getting to Felicity. The beginning with the whole shirtless workout was great and I think Oliver knows that Felicity is watching so he shows it up. Also we saw more development between their friendship. I knew with he whole conversation after the persons death I figured Oliver would offer to talk if she needed anything to talk about her day.

Not a big fan of the Thea/Roy storyline and again it could be that I not a big fan of Colton Hayes just something about him does not sit right with me. It could be the James Dean vibe with me then again I always thought James Dean was not all that. The storyline had it good points we start see the beginning of Red Arrow and Roy getting a chance to change is life.

The Sarah storyline I loved and I loved how they did not close it up in one little package. I am sure we will not see Jenn again but it would be nice to see her again. Totally not expecting it was the mother who encouraged Sarah to go with Oliver and it explains why Dinah was so intent on finding Sarah alive. The storyline openned up the opportunity to have Dinah and Laurel's relationship further explored. The hint with Central City probably opens the door maybe to Dinah being Black Canary and the development with the relationship with possibily lead to Laurel eventually becoming Black Canary. I also loved how the storyline openned up the lines of communication again between Oliver and Laurel and have her stop blaming Oliver for Sarah now that she has got another perspective. This storyline changed her relationships between the characters.

Tommy had little part in the storyline but you can see when Thea came in he genuinly cared for why Thea came in upset. Also Moira actions have been predicatable and I knew she was going to put it all on her partner in crime. I feel Malcolm may or may not find out that Moira has betrayed him because he is putting a lot of trust in her. More with these stories will develop as the story continues.

I give it a 10/10 because it was a good episode and loved the stunts in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎