6 17.14%

9 25.71%

3 8.57%

1 2.86%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - This episode has failed this city.

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Salvation?"

What did you think?

Board Master
    Not a bad ep, but not fantastic to me, either. I never wanted Sarah to be alive, but this seems wrapped up almost too quickly. Feels weird. May be revisited.

Did I miss something or did Tommy just disappear (and from Oliver's words go home) after the video feed was cut and leave poor Thea there alone? Doesn't seem in character or even a logical continuation of the previous scene with him where he was trying to be comforting.

Still not feeling the Thea/Roy thing, but then I hate bad boys, for the most part.

I was kinda like "Ollie, she's dating your buddy - stop it" I mean, Tommy waited until you were dead. But I get his feelings.

Praise for the Lance family scenes. They were well-done, I thought. You could almost get whiplash from how quick Quentin turned warmer towards Dinah. Loved when Laurel came in and saw them and what they were doing and how they were acting. Even after Quentin let it go, re-accepted Sarah as dead, he seemed more emotionally healthy and on a more even keel than he's been in the series so far. I'm curious as to how that will turn out. And will Laurel remain made-up with him or go back to where they were before Dinah turned up.

It was very understandable and good storytelling to have Felicity react to her "failure" the way she did, IMO. Then it sort of became a not-failure later (or not a failure on her part, since she did get the locations right), I guess, because she's just that good.

Moira - the way things turned out with Frank was predictable, but really almost inevitable. The blood-on-hands and thing (and her trying to clean them) was a little too heavy-handed for me.

Central City - Flash - a bit clunky to me, but maybe it wouldn't be to people who didn't know.

ETA: Was there a scene in the promo that wasn't in the ep? With Tommy referencing the police and "then kick his-"? Or am I just misremembering? And if it was there, was it cut or (more likely, IMO) just from a later ep? Or did I just miss it?
    Last edited by Liriel; 03-27-2013 at 06:28 PM.

I though it was a ok episode. I felt like this episode lack originality for the most part. i wasn't really feeling the whole SAW type theme with the guy kidnapping people an giving them a ultimatum. The highlight of this episode for me was the events that happen on the island, fyers getting the upper hand on slade and oliver, gotta say that was pretty slick. Also shado, man that was some nice fighting from her, i really liked that part.

Quote Originally Posted by Liriel View Post

Did I miss something or did Tommy just disappear (and from Oliver's words go home) after the video feed was cut and leave poor Thea there alone? Doesn't seem in character or even a logical continuation of the previous scene with him where he was trying to be comforting.
    He hugged her as Roy said he would not be missed. He was still there, he did the same hands over cheeks holding eye contact thing that Oliver has done with Thea, Laurel, and Felicity. Seems Tommy learned the reassure women from Oliver.

Board Master
    He hugged her as Roy said he would not be missed. He was still there, he did the same hands over cheeks holding eye contact thing that Oliver has done with Thea, Laurel, and Felicity. Seems Tommy learned the reassure women from Oliver.
    I know he was there then. But when Roy showed up (and Thea seemed to not know if he was alive or dead then), Tommy was nowhere to be seen and Ollie said he'd gone, right? You'd think he'd stay with Thea until they got word Roy was alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Liriel View Post
    Central City - Flash - a bit clunky to me, but maybe it wouldn't be to people who didn't know.

ETA: Was there a scene in the promo that wasn't in the ep? With Tommy referencing the police and "then kick his-"? Or am I just misremembering? And if it was there, was it cut or (more likely, IMO) just from a later ep? Or did I just miss it?
    Central City reference where Originally would be about the hero named flash is actually about the Train that goes between Central City and Starling City that was featured in one of the Arrow Weekly comics, the train is called "The Flash".

You are right about the missing scene I was waiting for Tommy to react more to Oliver seeing the video. I guess we will be getting a blooper reel and some cut scenes on the season one DVD (at least I hope so).

Thats true he was not seen there however the club was open at the time maybe he was around and had to do "club stuff", making excuses for the writers I know but they really didn't explain it.

Board Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bellrevue View Post
    Thats true he was not seen there however the club was open at the time maybe he was around and had to do "club stuff", making excuses for the writers I know but they really didn't explain it.
    While I'd prefer they made it make sense on-screen, if I'm going to fanwank, then I saw Oliver already texted him about it and he made himself scarce so Roy and Thea could have their moment.

New In Town
    Did everybody miss the Red Arrow hint?

The cinematography for this episode was really good. Especially the train scene and of course...

Quote Originally Posted by WolfsBane View Post
    Did everybody miss the Red Arrow hint?
    You mean Roy in red lighting holding an arrow, one of my favorite scenes of the ep actually. Also Roy already knowing "sidekick" by understanding from one slight nod from Oliver: "get the arrow I just shot past you out of the wall and cut yourself free...NOW, while I distract him with words". Only a true sidekick would know what that means, they were totally meant to be partners...in crime solving.

New In Town
    Well i'm going to be giving this one a 7 because the 2 previous episodes in the series just out shined this one in my opinion but i understand it, and That scene with Roy and the arrow is one of my favorite scenes in this series as well right now.

New In Town
    Great episode imo. It had a lot of emotional moments that really made this episode work. 8/10.

The Force is Strong!!! darkphoenix21's Avatar
    Training the next generation of Jedi legends
    I enjoyed the episode. I give it an 8. I like that Roy is starting to have his interest peaked with the arrow. And now there is also a reason where and how Oliver/Roy become partners; the book which leads to the Glades (Roy's neighborhood...hmmm).

But, I am losing interest in the flashback scenes to the island. I want to see more of the present and less of that. And as we are finally witnessing Oliver is leaving the island beyond too.

Board Master
    Good episode that focuses on Roy, his relationship with Thea, and his meeting with Green Arrow as get a foreshadowing through an arrow and carrying a gun like Arsenal. We also see what happens when Felicity comes up short under pressure when The Savior kills 2 people. Meanwhile, they ended the arc involving Dinah Drake Lance in a negative way involving the possibility of Sarah. I know they want us to believe the Flash exists in Central City, but it's likely refer to the train. Goodbye to Frank when Malcolm made his return as Dark Archer and Moira should be scared. I like the ending of the episode concerning the undertaking.

New In Town
    Quote Originally Posted by bellrevue View Post
    The cinematography for this episode was really good. Especially the train scene and of course...

You mean Roy in red lighting holding an arrow, one of my favorite scenes of the ep actually. Also Roy already knowing "sidekick" by understanding from one slight nod from Oliver: "get the arrow I just shot past you out of the wall and cut yourself free...NOW, while I distract him with words". Only a true sidekick would know what that means, they were totally meant to be partners...in crime solving.
    I absolutely got that feel as well. I thought it was great that Oliver and Roy are gradually getting contact, as both Oliver and Green Arrow. They're playing it up nicely, going slow.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast