Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Television Ratings for "Selfless, Brave and True"

According to TVByTheNumbers.com, Once pulled in a 2.1 with 6.85 million viewers.

congrats....a new low for ONCE. Fitting considering the new lows the writers sunk too last night. The real question is what will the season finale numbers be given the low numbers and lack of quality since the show came back midseason.

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny
      congrats....a new low for ONCE. Fitting considering the new lows the writers sunk too last night. The real question is what will the season finale numbers be given the low numbers and lack of quality since the show came back midseason.
      I agree.

Comment

I think Sunday's is a tough night for a family show especially now that it is spring time. Softball/Baseball season has just started and those in tournament games run through both Saturday and Sundays. Plus, March is a big month for Spring Break so more people are out of town unable to watch. Then add the fact that Sunday was Palm Sunday which may have contributed to lower viewership.

I know that the Networks have been worried about Nielsen not accurately obtaining the viewing audience when you add the fact lots of people now watch online. Those who missed Sunday may still watch the show but through Netflix, Hulu, and iTunes. I'm not sure if the number listed above shows this but I know ABC is working on getting those numbers and those combined numbers maybe better than we think.

From Nielsen:

ABC’s comprehensive use of Nielsen Online Campaign Ratings delivers on this year’s commitment to provide advertisers with one buy across all screens. Known as “ABC Unified”, the solution gives marketers the ability to easily buy content across TV, computers, tablets and phones with a single demographic audience guarantee. ABC Family is using Nielsen Online Campaign Ratings to provide demographic audience guarantees for online video deals as well. ESPN will employ the service for select clients.

The multi-business unit commitment follows more than six months of extensive testing of Nielsen Online Campaign Ratings and is based on the solution’s Media Rating Council (MRC) accreditation*, unique methodology, expansive samples and evolving measurement capabilities.

“Measuring online and on-demand video audiences is complex, and finding an approach that balances the existing TV business and emerging ‘screen agnostic’ world is increasingly important,” said Geri Wang, ABC President of Sales. “Viewers are watching increasing amounts of our content on more screens, and we have to manage that across a variety of technology platforms, operating systems and distribution relationships while also accommodating the transition to dynamic ad impression delivery. Nielsen Online Campaign Ratings is a good first step at addressing the new realities of our business—it helps our clients better understand the audience value of online video, and gives us a more accountable way to package and deliver advertising value across platform.”

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎