7 18.42%

11 28.95%

4 10.53%

0 0%

2 5.26%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - Any more of this and I'd be more psycho than Helena.

0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Posting Pro
    Hi everyone,

I have now rewatched the Huntress episode and although I still have my reservations, I liked it better the second time around.

"The Huntress" is hopefully gone forever and all I can say is "good riddance"! In this ep she was a poorly written plot device-Jessica de Gouw did the best she could, but she really had very little to work with, other than being "psycho ex-girlfriend".

I liked the Thea-Roy romance...being in love will give Thea something else to do than whine (sorry, I'm in a kind of a...mood today!). The kiss was cute, I could tell that Thea had been wanting to do that for a while, and Roy's fear of needles showed that even bad guys have a soft interior. I'm just wondering what Mother will say about Thea's "slumming"-I imagine Moira would rather see her daughter with some prep school Ivy League-bound WASP than a kid from the Glades. The question is...will Roy turn Thea into a bad girl (again) or will Thea turn Roy into a good guy (though he doesn't seem such a bad guy to me). Roy also gave us the compulsory "shirtless" moment...which I'm sure made all the teenage girls in the audience very happy.

Glad to see Oliver indulging in some "extra-curricular" activities....too bad it ended on a sad note with McKenna. Of course, I kind of expected that she would disappear after a few eps, so I didn't invest too much in that relationship. Oliver obviously did, and it was heart-breaking to see him in the concluding scene, realizing that he might never be able to have a normal life.

The Lances-I would have like to see more reactions to Mom's sudden apperance and more discussion/dialogue about why she left and how it affected Quentin/Laurel. I understand that this is a plot-driven show, and not a soap opera where they rehash family problems ad nauseam. However, all the scenes with the Lances evolved exclusively around Sarah and the possibility of her being alive. They probably talked a lot "off-screen" but I would have liked to see a little more normal family interaction "on-screen" as well. Another nitpick-what have they done to Alex's wonderful hair??? They've straightened it out and dyed it black...no like!

Are FBI men *really* as inept as they were portrayed in this ep????

Eva
    Last edited by Sugar; 03-21-2013 at 10:39 AM. Reason: edited for profanity

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KSiteTV View Post
    Good stuff, I had some genuine shocks which is a great sign of a good episode.. but I have to admit... I really, really can't stand Helena. It's weird because I've interviewed Jessica De Gouw and she is super sweet, but the character... I guess she's supposed to be hated, maybe?... but I just kept thinking "go away."

Really curious where Laurel's sister storyline will go. I also like the new dynamics and change with Tommy. And, of course, Felicity Smoak is amazing.
    I think she is supposed to be hated given how other character react when she is around. I was hoping she would take Ollie's advice and use the plane tickets to go to Rome which might lead to a spin-off based partially on "Huntress: Crossbow at the Crossroads".

New In Town
    Yes to the Question being involved at some point, he could be someone apart from Felicity that challenges his intellect and has astounding jumps of logic, Id do him almost like a Sherlock-style character but more paranoid.

Really hope that Roy starts protecting the Glades, Ollie doesnt seem like he'd want a "sidekick" and Roy seems like he'd probably not want to be, but their paths have to cross at some point. One of the names on the list is Daniel Brickwell who in the comics is gangster/kingpin type character who i think operates out of the Glades, maybe Roy could go after him for spreadng crime in the Glades whilst Ollie goes after him because hes on the list. I like the idea of him being hooked on Vertigo instead of heroin, it keeps the idea of the original story but takes it in a new direction.
    Last edited by Samuel_IV; 03-21-2013 at 09:33 AM.

Loved this episode. Show just keeps better and better! The tension is certainly rising.

It was a good episode, i like the Ollie and Tommy's patch up.. It was cute
    8 points

New In Town
    Don't get all the Helena hate I see on here and on the net in general. I fug last nights episode, though Roy's doucheness is going to get old. Hopefully they turn a corner with that after next weeks episode.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroMcNamara View Post
    Don't get all the Helena hate I see on here and on the net in general. I fug last nights episode, though Roy's doucheness is going to get old. Hopefully they turn a corner with that after next weeks episode.
    I don't hate her but I can see why some would hate her since other characters in the universe that Arrow exists in hate/dislike Helena. I wouldn't might a spin-off with the Huntress.

Forum Whiz
    Great episode but I will miss Mekenna. I hope she comes back 1 day.

Banned
    It was decent episode but I don't know something was missing from it for me. Will have to see this one again.

Good episode:

Three things that stuck out to me:
    *Oliver's relationships were surely tested. First he discovered Helena was back and saw it as a threat and blessing. The threat being him being exposed to the people he cares about family and cops. The blessing being maybe he can save Helena or make her realize what she is doing is not the best way to go about things. I think Helena may have realized that he would have killed her because she pushed a line with him. I am sure we have not seen the last of her and do agree that if the show has a spin-off she be a great character for the spin-off.
    -Oliver relationship with Mckenna was tested but not going to last. He saw that it was not going to last and I was sad with the way the relationship ended. I do see Mckenna coming back at some point because I have a feeling that Mckenna may know that Oliver is the (Hood) with things going on and maybe she is one of the cops that don't want him to get caught.
    -Oliver scenes with Felicity were great and I like that she did not backdown with researching more. Then Helena meeting up with her and still on the phone with her message to Oliver. Finally when he showed up the scenes were sweat between the two.
    -Oliver relationship with Tommy still has the tension but I don't think things are the same. I feel that we will see that Tommy is start the path to the Dark Archer soon.

*Second storyline with the Lance family. We find out more why Dinah Drake Lance believes that Sarah is alive. Let me just say I saw the possibility of her being alive when it was revealed that Oliver survived on the island. A lot of things also lead me to believe it. Can't wait to hear more about the story. Quentin reaction I do believe him not he wanting to believe it at first because he just got done dealing with it. Also he was dealing with the fact that his wife suddenly showed up after no contact. Laurel reaction was believable too and she also dealing with Tommy pulling away when she needs him. Alot ofnew developements with happen.

Also the Thea and Roy storyline will be more develop in the next epsidoe but good start. I see that Thea will be Speedy and Roy will be Red Arrow forthe show.

I give the episode a 9/10 because I just could not believe that Quentin all of a sudden did not believe Oliver was not the hood when Helena totally gave it away. I did like Quentin calling Helena the Huntress as her signature.

The way she said it could come off as sort of sarcasm I forget what it is called but it is a trope where a character casually tells the truth but the way they say it nobody believes them.

New In Town
    Hey,
    not sure if this is a stupid question or not, but the music that plays during the club opening scenes, especially the song that starts after Helena meets Tommy "Hey Tommy, remember me?"
    is that just a random mix or is there a chance to get the name of the original song/mix somewhere?

New In Town
    some more digging, brought up the name, Steve Aoki - Transcend^^

10!

I did feel the Island stuff felt forced? Felt bad for Felicity. I like Helena wayyyy more here. Loved Diggle's line!!!

[edit] Thea & Roy...kinda mixed on this right now.

Posting Pro
    Halberdier, this might be the trope you're looking for:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...sticConfession

Or possibly this one:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...oredConfession

I was also totally taken aback that Quentin didn't take the bait when the Huntress started talking about Oliver Queen, but then I figured that he might be too pre-occupied with his own family troubles to really pay attention....Another question-would a real police officer abandon a hand-cuffed suspect in a smoking and possibly burning building??? That seemed like a convenient plot device to enable Oliver to rescue the Huntress.

Eva

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast