7 18.42%

11 28.95%

4 10.53%

0 0%

2 5.26%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - Any more of this and I'd be more psycho than Helena.

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Posting Pro
    Hi everyone,

mod edit it's three o'clock in the morning here in Stockholm....Maybe I've been up too late, but my first reaction is that something was wrong with this ep-it just felt too rushed, like they were trying to cram too much action/too many storylines into forty minutes. Episode 16 was also full of action, but far superior, IMHO of course. I do like the kick-ass sequences, but I'm personally more into character development and the Queen/Lance family dynamics, and I feel we got too little if any character development in this ep....which is a shame since they got such fine actors on board, especially with the addition of Alex Kingston.

The Huntress never did anything for me, and I personally thought she was awful in this episode, totally unbelievable as far as character psychology goes. I know it's a comic book/fantasy show, but I still think they have to have some level of versimilitude in the way the characters are portrayed, and so far they've done a good job with all the major players, and especially with Oliver.

I'm sorry about the negativity-I might change my mind if and when I rewatch this ep, but right now I'm kind of disappointed. I wouldn't opt for a 1 ("Any more of this and I'll be more psycho than Helena"), but I did find it lacklustre.

Eva
    Last edited by Sugar; 03-20-2013 at 08:17 PM. Reason: rule #9

New In Town
    I absolutely LOVED this episode!! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time!

New In Town
    I thought it was very good.

The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar
    Good stuff, I had some genuine shocks which is a great sign of a good episode.. but I have to admit... I really, really can't stand Helena. It's weird because I've interviewed Jessica De Gouw and she is super sweet, but the character... I guess she's supposed to be hated, maybe?... but I just kept thinking "go away."

Really curious where Laurel's sister storyline will go. I also like the new dynamics and change with Tommy. And, of course, Felicity Smoak is amazing.

The Force is Strong!!! darkphoenix21's Avatar
    Training the next generation of Jedi legends
    Quote Originally Posted by KSiteTV View Post
    Good stuff, I had some genuine shocks which is a great sign of a good episode.. but I have to admit... I really, really can't stand Helena. It's weird because I've interviewed Jessica De Gouw and she is super sweet, but the character... I guess she's supposed to be hated, maybe?... but I just kept thinking "go away."
    I agree, for me, the character was always too emo; too cold.

I liked the episode as a whole.
    I liked that we got a preview of Roy's skill..even if it backfired and got him stabbed attempting to rescue Thea.
    And the scene with Oliver/Tommy was a bit depressing; Oliver doesn't have to be alone.

GREAT nods to Huntress' costume in the comic books, I loved that.

Sucks to see Ollie saying he can't be happy...which makes me wonder if we'll be getting a TDKR-esque ending in the series finale. And when I was just starting to like that Hall character...she leaves. Kinda sucks.

Still not a fan of Roy...hopefully that changes because I want to end up liking the future Red Hood(lol).

Quote Originally Posted by KSiteTV View Post

Really curious where Laurel's sister storyline will go. I also like the new dynamics and change with Tommy. And, of course, Felicity Smoak is amazing.
    I agree about Helena - thought she was a weak link when she last appeared, and my opinion hasn't changed. Enjoyed the rest of the episode, especially the Roy/Thea scenes and the ever awesome Felicity.

No more Helena, please, showrunners - so many other more interesting and more convincing characters who deserve another appearance instead.

Board Master
    Good episode to return with as just as Oliver was settling in with McKenna, Huntress returns and destroys it which was her purpose in this episode in addition to finding her father. Watching Muse of Fire, Vendetta, and this one together will be like watching a Green Arrow/ Huntress movie.

Thea and Roy have become a relatable teenage couple that are probably aimed at teenage viewers. Tommy's reaction to Oliver's secret was an understandable one while Dinah Laurel has to deal with her family's drama when her mother, Dinah Drake, brings news of Sarah being possibly alive.

When Helena met Oliver's family, this was the reverse of Muse of Fire and Vendetta, where Oliver met her father. I think she was better this time around than she was in her first two appearances. The flashbacks with Oliver and Slade are great as usual, but I hope that they pay off with Slade being brought into the present as that is more important.

Helena is a weird one. I am not too fond of the character either but I never get tired of seeing Jessica De Gouw on my screen.

Anyway, it was a solid episode to come back to. It's kind of sad that things fall apart for Oliver just as his life is getting better, but that was the point of Helena's return. I didn't expect them to write McKenna off so quickly, but at least she wasn't killed. That would have taken it a step too far.

Tommy and Oliver's relationship is getting really interesting now. Full of twists and turns.

The island stuff keeps getting better and better.

8/10

Loved the episode. The series just keeps getting better and better. I guess the 'Arrow' version of Huntress is polarizing and I'm one of the ones that think she's great. I thought Jessica De Gouw was amazing. Can't wait to see her come back, hopefully in S2.

New In Town

Observations and predictions

I really enjoyed this episode. I thought it was well written and lots of interesting foreshadowing. I agree with other commenters that the Huntress is a bit too one dimensional (all though her costume is closer to the comic book and I really like her mask. Ollie would look much better in a real mask instead of green eye shadow IMHO). If/when she is brought back would like to see her change towards a seeker of justice (like Ollie), not just a women bent on vengeance. Maybe the introduction of a new, dark, edgy player could lead her in this direction. (The series could use a gruff investigative journalist, maybe Vic Sage, aka The Question. (Who happened to be a love interest of the Huntress in 'Justice League Unlimited)).

Now for an observation. Has anyone noticed that Oliver has increasingly been calling Thea Speedy? With Roy Harper's action scene (in a red hoodie), I suspect his character is being led towards becoming some sort if protector of the glades. My guess is that as 'the undertaking' progresses the glades will be seriously threatened. If Roy emulates Ollie, protecting the glades, his and Arrow's patches will cross. Eventually Oliver will take him under his wing, most likely to guide him to a more honest path. At that point Oliver will ask Roy about how to refer to his alter ego, and Roy, in honor of his relationship with Thea, will use her nickname, Speedy.

One other thought. With Roy being afraid of needles (a great illusion to the character) maybe he gets hooked on Vertigo and Thea and Olliver have to save him.
    Last edited by Arrowmaniac; 03-21-2013 at 05:14 AM.

I'm not the biggest fan of the Huntress character either. I found myself many times during this episode saying out loud "Ollie, put an arrow in her!". As soon as Ollie walked into his house and we hear two girls laughing and talking I had a bad feeling she showed up at his place. Then she threatens his family right there! That is where it should be game over! But at least Ollie knows now that he will do what it takes to protect his friends. I was glad to see a bit of reconciliation there at the end between Ollie and Tommy. I hope that continues. All this to say, I can't wait to see what is planned for the rest of the season. Want to see a Arrow vs. Dark Archer where Ollie is a bit wiser and tougher.

Interesting thoughts. They're definitely building the Thea/Roy situation up to something. With Roy being in jeopardy next episode he might start leaning towards Arrow's path sooner than we think. Huntress, yea, not my favorite. Maybe if she does mature and starts seeking justice and not just revenge, I'll warm up to her. For now, I'm hoping she stays away from Ollie. I think the more she shows up, the closer he is to really hurting her.

There was alot more going on in this episode than we have seen in any other episode. I will definitely rewatch it again! Not my favourite episode - Holy S*&Tballs is still my best.

New In Town
    Gave it a full 10, loved that Quint calld Helena Huntress. Also Roy is becoming one of my favourite characters, hes managed to make Thea a more interesting character which is good. The only thing that seemed off to me was that they wanted to destroy the missiles to prevent Fyers from killing innocents, yet at the end he wanted to trade it for a way out, guess hes probably going to double-cross him as he knows he cant be trusted.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast