PANDORA and DISCIPLE Official Re-Watch Thread, March 22nd, 2013

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't wait for next week! see ya!!

Comment

• What about next week? Only one episode or two?

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ Doena
        So, it's a Kryptononian octagonal disc or a Kryptonian orb?
        Or a kryptonian bible, or..

Comment

• Originally posted by MrsK
          What exactly the book of Rao is seems to change from episode to episode
          The Kryptonians' version of the Bible, from what I can tell. Only difference is there is no Savior, and it has a lot of predictions that are crystal clear. From what I recall of future eps.

Comment

• I like this scene between Zod and Clark. Uh-oh...the towers!

Nice rewatch! Have a great weekend!

Comment

• Next week, Good Friday and what may be my favorite ep in the series.

Comment

What about next week? Only one episode or two?
                Since Absolute Justice is a two part TV movie, that should be enough...otherwise I gotta stay up until 2:30 AM!

Comment

• Luckily next week is the last Saturday before Germany switches to summer time as well. Only one more time getting up at 5am before it's back to the good old 6am.

Comment

I love that Clark is playing hardball with Zod. It's the only language that Zod understands.

But Zod is also correct. Clark trusts strangers he's just met (Kyle Tippet, Maddie van Horn) but he's much more guarded with people actually close to him.
                    Yeah, but with Zod, he already knows how the real Zod turned out......

Comment

• banners!

Comment

• Originally posted by RightWingConspirator
                        Yeah, but with Zod, he already knows how the real Zod turned out......
                        Yeah but people are not machines. They are not deterministic. It's understandable for Clark to hold a grudge und to keep him in check but he also acknowledges that Clone!Zod is not the same man that destroyed Krypton (however that ultimately happened with him being in the PZ already...).

In that regard the writers did actually a great job so far. We the viewers know it will turn out badly (even during first watch) because Zod is Zod. But within the confines of the show it's nowhere realistic to assume that Clone!Zod would turn out the same way Real!Zod did. Because there's a 20 year gap of life experience between these two versions of one man.

Which brings us back to the writers and the episode Rabid. Right until the end of the episode Zod did not know that there actually is a super-powered Kryptonian on Earth. He then takes on to assume that it is Jor-El but it's too close to the very next event to actually have any influence on it.

After he discovered that Coats took matters in his own hands and developed an independent spirit Zod saw the threat that man could become to him and his authority over the Kandorians. So he killed him instantly, in cold blood and without mercy.

This shows that Clone!Zod already was the kind of man Real!Zod would become which makes his developement through S9 plausible.

When Lionel quoted Sun Tzu (The Art of War) to Lex in S1, he said:
                        Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
                        The Kandorians certainly feel that way about Zod, so when he tells them the only way to be save on Earth is to gain powers, they will make sure to find a way, not knowing that it's only for Zod's benefit in the end.
                        Last edited by DJ Doena; 03-23-2013, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎