This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Welcome To Storybrooke?"

What did you think?
    10 - Welcome to Storybrooke. We hope you enjoy your stay.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Now Leaving Storybrooke. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out.
    0%

I liked this episode, mainly because of the exposition. We certainly now know why Regina wanted to adopt a child, although how that child ended up being Henry still needs to be explained. And where Greg will find his father (which I am sure he will) will also be interesting. I think he might be where Belle was found, inthe semi-dungeon. And I was not looking forward to episode after episode of "how will Regina try to kill Snow this week?", so I am glad that Regina has decided that is not necessary.

I wish I had clue as to who the trailer guy is in the preview - that's not Greg's father, is it?

Comment

Gave it a 9!

Loved seeing the flashbacks to how the curse swept into Maine and what it was like those first few days for Regina.

I really liked how this episode gave a reason for Greg Mendell to be there and why he's so interested in Regina, in particular.

Great scenes with Henry and intense stuff between Mary Margaret and Regina!

Overall, great episode!

Comment

8 out of 10

I like how questions are being answered: Greg is Owen and is looking for his father, why he rammed into Hook..his bad, the first days of Storybrooke and so forth.

And than Regina doesn't have to kill Snow cause she's killing herself but....

Jeez...there are a lot of mother/father issues in this series.
        Last edited by darkphoenix21; 03-17-2013, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by spotteddog
          I liked this episode, mainly because of the exposition. We certainly now know why Regina wanted to adopt a child, although how that child ended up being Henry still needs to be explained. And where Greg will find his father (which I am sure he will) will also be interesting. I think he might be where Belle was found, inthe semi-dungeon. And I was not looking forward to episode after episode of "how will Regina try to kill Snow this week?", so I am glad that Regina has decided that is not necessary.

I wish I had clue as to who the trailer guy is in the preview - that's not Greg's father, is it?
          I also liked this episode. Regina is so desperate for love, she is willing to go to any lengths to get it. I wonder why it took her 17 years after the incidence with Owen to decided to adopt. And I also want to know who made sure of all the possible kids in the world to adopt that she ended up with Henry.

I think Owen's father is still alive. I wonder if she had enough magic left to sneak him off to another world like the second star to the right.

I think Snow will do something the bad guys have failed to do so far and that is beat the darkness that is growing in her heart.

In the trailer, it looked like [SPOILER]Pinocchio[/SPOILER].
          Last edited by SteelyGal; 03-18-2013, 04:38 AM.

Comment

I gave it an 8. Enjoyed bits and pieces, but over all, it was set up. I really hope they go for PTSD allegory with Snow.

Comment

Originally posted by spotteddog
              We certainly now know why Regina wanted to adopt a child, although how that child ended up being Henry still needs to be explained.
              Wasn't it explained that Mr. Gold was the one who "found" Henry before he was adopted by Regina? I think magic probably played a big role in how he was found. If not, maybe it's some sort of screwed up fate/destiny thing (ie: He was related to everybody so he just ended up there).

Originally posted by savingpeoplething
              Loved seeing the flashbacks to how the curse swept into Maine and what it was like those first few days for Regina.
              I really enjoyed it as well. I KNEW the curse had to have extended into our world somehow, so it was nice to see that. The continuity was great, too.

They really know how to "bookend" episodes together. I never thought we'd flashback to the pilot again.

I thought the nod to Groundhog Day was funny, too, but: it also explained some of Regina's motivations. I'd probably want what she wanted to have with Kurt/Owen if I had to re-live the same day over and over again for 28 years...LMAO.

I really liked how this episode gave a reason for Greg Mendell to be there and why he's so interested in Regina, in particular.
              I'm hoping we get to see how he feels about her at this point. It was refreshing to see someone other than Henry being her "champion," so to speak. I wonder if he could possibly form an alliance with Regina, that is if his character sticks around for a while.

Comment

Gold did say that he "got" Henry for Regina, but perhaps the full explanation will come at a later date.

I kinda figured Greg was Owen after he ran into Henry in the woods.

Regina is a very complicated/"messed-up" character- I love her. Of course she wouldn't kill Snow/MM, but it was good to see her rationalizing why she wouldn't makes sense.

Comment

Loved this one. Probably because it was about Regina, and she is my favorite!

I loved that they gave her a back story reason to want to adopt a child. I have wondered about that.

One question. If Storybrook was basically repeating the same day over and over, how did Henry learn anything in school?

Comment

Huzzah! Another theory proven correct. I just knew that Greg was going to turn out to be Owen after comparing their pictures.

I liked the interactions between Snow and Regina, as well as the bits at the well. Kudos to Regina for not killing Snow...and instead deciding to let Snow destroy herself. I see a potential set up for the Evil Queen episode!

I felt really bad for Owen. I wanted to feel bad for Regina as well, but I had a hard time with it. I understood her intentions, but her way of executing them confused me. Yes, she has a void in her heart...so again, I tried to sympathize a bit. I'm just wondering what she did to Owen's dad. The moment with her watching Owen beyond the boundary made me a little sad, though.

I gave it an 8 because more could have been done. It felt like a bit of a weird filler episode that explained a little...but didn't progress the story THAT much. I did, however, like seeing the fact that the day we saw in the pilot was something that was repeated almost word for word for every day...for 28 years. I can see why Regina would get fed up with it and want something different!

Comment

I enjoyed the episode. Was interesting to see life in Storybrooke, pre-Emma. I take it, Marco fixed the same sign, every day, for 28 years.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎