Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome, S.H.I.E.L.D. Recruits!

We're getting an early start on this one... mostly because, if ABC passes on actually making this series, there will be a meltdown. We'll know for sure if it's picked up in mid-May.

S.H.I.E.L.D. is, of course, the agency seen in the Avengers movies including Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, and, of course, The Avengers, and just like the Avengers, the S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot is directed by Joss Whedon, who is involved in the creative process alongside his brother, Jed, and his sister-in-law, Maurissa Tancharoen.

The TV project is formally titled "Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D." to separate it from that Michael Chiklis show, The Shield. A pilot shot earlier this year and now it's up to ABC to see that it happens.

We're putting together a site at SHIELDsite.net and you can also get updates on Twitter. Have fun!

Super psyched for the pilot - just waiting for that announcement that it has been officially picked up.

Comment

I can't wait to see this. In the last few years I've been getting more and more interested in comic book inspired TV shows and Movies. I mean were are in the age of the geeks

As I understand it, it's only been a decade or so since the interest of this type of entertainment hit full steam. Before the 2000s we really only had Superman and Batman in both the small and the big screen. So I am getting more excited in discovering new comic heroes such as in Arrow and now even more with Shield
      Last edited by darkphoenix21; 03-15-2013, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Won't this be like trying to film a movie every episode?

Comment

Really hope it gets picked up.

Comment

Originally posted by MarvelL
            Well since it just SHIELD they probably wont need to make it intense or anything like the movie with over the top effects and graphics since they will most likely just stick to just normal government agency type stuff. So I dont think it would be any different then any other type of government crime drama type series in the way its filmed or the overall feel of it. Although I assume for premieres and finales they might go pretty big. Also since this is Marvel and has a large fan base and is connected to the movies ABC might give them a better budget to do stuff then they would for something else. Like with Once Upon A Time. Disney is a big fan base so they probably allow once to have a bigger budget to make it have a movie feel for a good part of the episodes. Plus Disney owns Marvel now so that may help a bit too. Also the reason its probably airing on ABC and not like CBS or something.

Comment

I sure hope so!

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
                I sure hope so!
                Me too, can't wait!!

Comment

I can't wait to see when this is going to happen

Comment

I still can't wrap my mind around this show with the notion that the avengers movie is out there.

If feels messy

Comment

You have to remember while DC has Batman, Marvel has more street level heroes(daredevil, heroes for hire, the punisher). Plus the emphasis is on the SHIELD agents not the superheroes. All the Marvel shorts are indication of how this series might function without the heroes on screen every 5 minutes.

Comment

Am really looking foward to this. It's nice to see Marvel trying to expand outside of the superhero genre.

Comment

I cannot imagine this NOT getting picked up: Marvel wants it & they are working w/Disney... and Disney owns ABC... so why would ABC not want it? I'm sure it'll be all kinds of awesome (I can't wait to see the pilot!)

Comment

Exactly, plus Clark Gregg is in it! For me I need no other reason

Comment

I do hope that it comes to fruition. I would really like to see how this plays out. Pardon my avatar but I'm a child of the 70's and Wonder Woman was really the only good 'comic book' show on at that time(couldn't handle Spider Man with ropes or Shazzam with all the shouting). Watching that show is what helped me develop my love of super heroes.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎