Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has the BBC television series Merlin Finished?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has the BBC television series Merlin Finished?

Has the BBC television series Merlin Finished?

yes and they butchered the ending, honestly if you are not into it, avoid the ending lol

Comment

Yes, Sadly ended
      Heart breaking end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

What's the deal with SyFy? Have they just quit showing it?

Comment

Originally posted by Amar J
          yes and they butchered the ending, honestly if you are not into it, avoid the ending lol
          How? Arthur died in all versions I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Raistlin
            What's the deal with SyFy? Have they just quit showing it?
            They'll show the final 5 episodes beginning May 3rd. Its strange that Syfy decided to do that instead of airing it straight through. It doesn't matter to me, since I won't be watching it again.

Comment

I figured SyFy was taking a break during March Madness and it would be back in April. Thanks for the heads up about the May return. But yes, you'd think they would want to show it sooner rather than later. But I guess maybe they're saving it for May Sweeps?

Comment

Originally posted by Amar J
                Originally posted by Raistlin
                How? Arthur died in all versions I've ever seen.
                I dont know if "butchered" is the appropriate word for it, but it was sorely unsatisfying on nearly all levels

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                  They'll show the final 5 episodes beginning May 3rd. Its strange that Syfy decided to do that instead of airing it straight through. It doesn't matter to me, since I won't be watching it again.
                  The only reason I care is I bought the season pass on iTunes and noticed I haven't had any new downloads in weeks.

Comment

It makes no sense to me that they didn't show the last season straight through. It was even on their schedule and they didn't show it but replaced it with reruns of their robot show. Now the last season is out on DVD which I bought and now I don't have to watch it on the SyFy channel. They claimed they had a hard time letting go of Merlin and so dragging it out longer which sounded lame to me. They might not have as many viewers now....I have really enjoyed Merlin and am sorry this is the last season.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowBird
                      It makes no sense to me that they didn't show the last season straight through. They claimed they had a hard time letting go of Merlin and so dragging it out longer which sounded lame to me.
                      I assumed it was so they could run the final episodes of Merlin during May sweeps, myself. Otherwise the series would have ended in what, April? That way they can garner bigger ratings from the May sweeps event of the 'series finale' of Merlin.

Comment

^^If that's the case, I hope it works. I only want good things for the SyFy channel. I wonder though, how many others won't be watching because they can watch the DVDs instead? Maybe the network didn't know when the last season was going to be sold or there might have been a different decision.

Comment

I hate the SyFy channel. They have too many commercials and it's way too hard to keep up with their shows. iTunes downloaded the rest of the season, so SyFy can pound water.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowBird
                            I wonder though, how many others won't be watching because they can watch the DVDs instead? Maybe the network didn't know when the last season was going to be sold or there might have been a different decision.
                            I sometimes wonder how much that sort of thing is taken into account by networks/studios/etc.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎