No announcement yet.

Invasion #2.18 "Intervention"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invasion #2.18 "Intervention"

New Young Justice this morning - talk about it here!

Here are some pics:

This was a terrible episode indicative of the kind of lazy storytelling that made season 1 so deplorable. Loads of exposition to explain a deus ex machina that conveniently and improbably solves a season long problem out of nowhere. And at the end of the episode, we're told that one of the actual sources of conflict in the episode, the fight between Light minions and the heroes, was manipulated by the mustache-twirling near omnipotent in execution member of the Light.

It's episodes like this one that justifiably (if not totally) answer the question: "Why was this show cancelled?"

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
      This was a terrible episode indicative of the kind of lazy storytelling that made season 1 so deplorable. Loads of exposition to explain a deus ex machina that conveniently and improbably solves a season long problem out of nowhere. And at the end of the episode, we're told that one of the actual sources of conflict in the episode, the fight between Light minions and the heroes, was manipulated by the mustache-twirling near omnipotent in execution member of the Light.

It's episodes like this one that justifiably (if not totally) answer the question: "Why was this show cancelled?"
      I agree with your comments about "lazy storytelling", but I doubt that has much to do with the show being canceled.

Comment

Originally posted by Mbruno
        I agree with your comments about "lazy storytelling", but I doubt that has much to do with the show being canceled.
        Which is why I wrote in the qualifier "justifiably". I know it's not the reason.

Comment

I truly loathe the dialogue. I can't remember if season one's (aside from The Light) was as bad as it has been all this season. Ugh. Every time a character speaks, they either sum up the season's plot/past events or explain exactly what's going on.

And at the end of the episode, we're told that one of the actual sources of conflict in the episode, the fight between Light minions and the heroes, was manipulated by the mustache-twirling near omnipotent in execution member of the Light.
          I'm picturing Marina Sirtis with a mustache.

Comment

Which is why I wrote in the qualifier "justifiably". I know it's not the reason.
            What bothers me the most is that the events in "Beneath" took place about 5 months before "Intervention" on the show's timeline. Assuming Dr. Fate was able to translate the message in the cave shortly after Zatanna and Batgirl found the cave temple, I would conclude that the Team and the Justice League knew about the potential threat posed by the Scarab long before Impulse told them about Blue's future or the Reach revealed themselves to the world. That seems to be at odds with the events in between "Beneath" and "Intervention" when the League and the Team appeared to be caught completely off-guard. Now that Jaime's scarab is off-mode, I also wonder if Impulse's future has actually changed (assuming that is physically possible).

Comment

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
              I'm picturing Marina Sirtis with a mustache.
              And BAM, you've got Riker Jr.

Comment

I found the convenience of it all kinda funny...

Comment

'Intervention' is a good episode. Young Justice found themselves having to fight Blue Beetle to free him from the control of the Reach. They fought the hired help from the Light, as well as the Green Beetle. The heroes defeated the hired help and using the magic from the hidden temple, was able to free both the Blue and Green Beetles from the control of the Reach. It was a shock to learn that the Light wanted it to happen.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎