Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Banned

In an interview with Toronto Life, Sarah Gadon spoke about her role in this movie, saying:

"My character is an artificial intelligence officer. She represents the convergence of humanity and technology."

I was speculating, that she'd be Liz Allan. But, it looks now like she'll be something similar to Jarvis.

From CBR:

Almost from the minute he joined the franchise, director Marc Webb made it clear he wanted to make a new Spider-Man trilogy. He’ll get his wish, albeit with a bonus: Sony announced release dates for The Amazing Spider-Man 3 and The Amazing Spider-Man 4 last month, nearly a year before the second installment arrives in theaters.

How does having a fourth Spider-Man film change the director’s overarching plans? It’s possible that it doesn’t. Speaking with Crave Online, Webb suggested something very interesting about the nature of that mysterious Spider-Man 4.

“I think this was conceived of as a trilogy so there was a defined architecture to the story we were telling and we had sort of a rough outline of what was going to happen,” he said. “I think the fourth movie, what we’ve discovered is that there are so many ancillary characters, that have enormous cinematic potential that there may be other ways to exploit those characters, in a way that is exciting and fun and worthwhile. It might not just be a Spider-Man movie.”

What exactly does that mean? Might we see other heroes from the Spider-Man universe, like clone Ben Reilly or even the antihero Kane Parker, make an appearance? Without going into specifics, Webb made it clear that he’s keen on the whole history of the wall-crawler, not just recent history like Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man films, as a source of inspiration.

“You know, what was fun about the comics is that there’s an entire sort of encyclopedia of characters and stories and histories and nuances and idiosyncrasies and off-shoots,” he said. “I think that that is something that seems to be really successful and has a lot of potential so it’s sort of, as yet, undefined, but intentionally so.”

Incurable Postaholic DA_Champion's Avatar
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    The images of Elektro remind me of Mr. Freeze from Batman & Robin.

Banned
    Comic con footage. Go to 4.30 mark.

I'm having a real hard time with Electro, man. Straight up cheese, right there.

I'm not sure about this, I'll probably go see it but, I think sometimes when I see Jamie Foxx I'm ready for him to say "REDDD TO GO".

Is there Mary Jane in this at all? I forget.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedJenn View Post
    I'm not sure about this, I'll probably go see it but, I think sometimes when I see Jamie Foxx I'm ready for him to say "REDDD TO GO".

Is there Mary Jane in this at all? I forget.
    She was supposed to have a cameo but the director felt that it wouldn't fit in with the storyline and he wanted to devote the movie to the Peter/Gwen relationship before the inevitable.

She's gonig to be in the third one though not sure if it will be the same actor mind you.

Heard that Jamie wants to play Spawn (why is beyond me), in a feature film.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jon-el87 View Post
    Heard that Jamie wants to play Spawn (why is beyond me), in a feature film.
    If they could get Spawn right it would be awesome and not the crap that was served to us in the 90's version.

Incurable Postaholic DA_Champion's Avatar
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    I saw Spawn when I was 13 and I thought it was amazing. I saw it again a few years later and... damn.

From Newsarama:

We know that Amazing Spider-Man 2 is featuring a wider variety of villains. We have Rhino - or at the very least the man who will become the beast, Electro, and rumors of Green Goblin making an appearance in some form or another. Then there were rumors that Felicity Jones' role may be as another familiar face to Spidey fans, miss Felicia Hardy.

Of course, Felicia Hardy also happens to dress up in a costume and alternately commit or fight crime as the Black Cat.

In a new interview with Den of Geek, producer Avi Arad did not confirm that Black Cat, or any other hero, will appear in this movie. However, he also didn't deny it.

"Uh... I’d rather not answer that at this point. This is what the word ‘spoiler’ means. We want to always leave the audience with a couple of surprises. All of a sudden, you feel like, yeah, there’s a continuity. So if we say today how we go about it, we’d take away from the surprise of the movie," Arad said in response to a question about another Marvel Hero appearing in the film.

This is the definition of a tease, but it comes at a very interesting time in the world of super hero film. Marvel Studios' own superhero lineup has of course always been growing, starting with Iron Man, leading to the Avengers, and soon growing out into the far reaches of space with Guardians of the Galaxy. Fox, meanwhile, has plans to expand the X-Men franchise, with an X-Force movie currently being written, and creative consultant Mark Millar suggesting there are as many as ten possible "golden franchises" within the X-verse.

Over on the other side of the proverbial street, Warner Bros and DC Entertainment are expanding in two directions - both on television and in film. What we know for sure is that Batman will appear in the Man of Steel sequel and The Flash will appear on Arrow this season. Both are examples of a studio taking an exisitng successful character and using them to expand into a larger universe.

So will familiar faces from the Spider-Man corner of the Marvel Universe start appearing as early asAmazing Spider-Man 2? It's very likely they will. Mary Jane Watson's introduction being bumped to a third film certainly frees up a little space for an extra character. Being limited to non-mutant non-Avengers characters may at first seem to narrow the starting lineup, but that still leaves characters like Black Cat, Prowler, Puma, Rocket Racer, the Slingers, some form of Spider-Girl, Morbius, and perhaps even characters like Firestar or Silver Sable.

And if Marc Webb, Avi Arad, and company wanted to be really bold, there are a couple of characters that would allow Andrew Garfield to show some range, and would make a lot of 90s (and current) comic book fans go nuts (both positively and negatively) named Ben and Kaine - but that's probably a little too crazy for a mainstream live action audience, right?
    If we're talking clones, I'd favor Kaine, over Ben. Ben had the same drive as Peter, possessing all of his memories. He'd be doing wise-cracks. Basically, unless they have Andrew wear a blonde wig, it'd be next to impossible, for the audience, to tell who is Peter and who is Ben. Kaine, on the other hand, was never given Peter's memories (giving him a seperate personality, from Peter). The tagline for his current series is even "all the power, none of the responsibility". And it would create a senario, where the film could explore nurture vs. nature.

If we're talking Firestar, it'd be Ultimate and not mainstream. As Ultimate FS is Liz Allan (a Spider-Man supporting character), whereas Angelica Jones is a New Warriors/Avengers character (so, they would likely not be able to use her).

The more familiar, Spider-Girl (Mayday), wouldn't exist yet. Though, I suppose they could use Anya.

Banned
    Jamie Foxx on Electro- http://www.**********.co.uk/movies/n...ter-video.html

"I think with all the Spider-Man villains there's a certain empathy to them," Foxx tells the site. "The way we crafted Electro was..when he's Max, you definitely feel for him because he's been shut out, nobody cares for him..and, it's his birthday and even him Mom forgets his birthday -- so when he does turn into Electro, it's serious venom. He does want to hurt everybody, and he feels like Spider-Man betrayed him, so he wants to hurt him bad"

Why can't we get more villains who are evil for the sake of it and who enjoy doing evil things.

Quote Originally Posted by maasaloo View Post
    Why can't we get more villains who are evil for the sake of it and who enjoy doing evil things.
    "Aren't you going to wash your hands?"

"No, because I'm evil."

Quote Originally Posted by maasaloo View Post
    Because you typically end up with one dimensional and uninteresting characters by doing that. Nobody wants to write that kind of character. Nobody wants to play that kind of character.

Even Darth Vader had a point. (The Emperor didn't, but he was basically thrown in so Darth Vader would have a redemptive arc.)

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast