No announcement yet.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
    You just went to a dark place, my friend.
    Yes and it was uncalled for since I did like TASM. It's as enjoyable as Raimi's Spider-Man. I actually preferred the casting of TASM and especially Emma Stone as Gwen.

Comment

Any chance of Gwen making it out of TASM 2 alive? *crosses fingers*

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
        Any chance of Gwen making it out of TASM 2 alive? *crosses fingers*
        Almost zero as I understand it. Unless re-casting Mary Jane and turning the series into a quadrilogy has re-jiggered the timeline of events as well.

Comment

I have to say. Hearing the news about MJ makes me a bit worried. If they've decided to hold back on some stuff until the following movies, then it might tone down this movie just like it happened with The Hobbit. Plus, are there any guarantees than they will make 2 more? I know the dates were announced but I remember something similar happening with Raimi's Spiderman series after the 3rd movie was released. So for all we know, by 2016 or 2018 we might get another reboot, lol.

Almost zero as I understand it. Unless re-casting Mary Jane and turning the series into a quadrilogy has re-jiggered the timeline of events as well.
          It crossed my mind too. But regardless of how many movies this series has left, I'd prefer it if they didn't kill her off. But the general consensus appears to be that I won't get my wish. What's the baseis for that by the way? Those leaked photos of her on the bridge?
          Last edited by costas22; 06-21-2013, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
            What's the baseis for that by the way? Those leaked photos of her on the bridge?
            I'll spoiler tag this, even though it's just rumors and speculation that have floated around and so they can hardly be considered spoilers.

[SPOILER]
            1: The photos of her wearing similar clothing as Gwen was wearing in the comic book when her character died.

2: I seem to remember a while back there being speculation that Emma Stone's contract was only for two films. That could be total BS, and I might even be making it up.

3: Emma Stone has actually stated in an interview that she wants to "stay true" to the circumstances surrounding Gwen's death where Spider-Man "kills her by accident". Why would Stone say she wanted to stay true to the circumstances surrounding Gwen's death if Gwen isn't going to die at some point?
            [/SPOILER]

Comment

Costas it's one of the things that has to happen in Peter's life. So MJ can be introduced.

Comment

I'll spoiler tag this, even though it's just rumors and speculation that have floated around and so they can hardly be considered spoilers.

[SPOILER]
                1: The photos of her wearing similar clothing as Gwen was wearing in the comic book when her character died.

2: I seem to remember a while back there being speculation that Emma Stone's contract was only for two films. That could be total BS, and I might even be making it up.

3: Emma Stone has actually stated in an interview that she wants to "stay true" to the circumstances surrounding Gwen's death where Spider-Man "kills her by accident". Why would Stone say she wanted to stay true to the circumstances surrounding Gwen's death if Gwen isn't going to die at some point?
                [/SPOILER]
                Ah, thanks for the info. 1 and 2 could always change, but the 3rd reason seems to be the most telling. Well, if that's how she wants it. The movie might need something shocking like that...

Originally posted by maasaloo
                Costas it's one of the things that has to happen in Peter's life. So MJ can be introduced.
                I see. I read about her accidental death recently, but I wasn't sure whether it's a must that a Spiderman incarnation adheres to it.

Comment

Heard that Sarah Gadon's been cast for this and the sequel. However, she apparently Tweeted, that she won't be playing MJ. Could she be Liz Allan?

Comment

If they're recasting MJ may I suggest Lacey Chabert?

Comment

Maybe someone like Jane Levy from Suburgatory or even Dianna Agron from Glee.

Comment

According to this article, the role of MJ hasn't been recast. She just won't appear until the 3rd movie. Beware of spoilers:

Comment

I don't want Shailene Woodley as MJ at all...Elena Satine would be my choice.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	EW-1268-COVER-AMAZING.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	6628042

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1373557684.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	6628044

Comment

From Newsarama:

[SPOILER]Although no one’s been able to officially confirm actress Felicity Jones’ role in Spider-Man 2 (rumors are it’s Black Cat), we may have just learned one big piece of news about the movie – the Green Goblin may appear in it.

“[My character’s name is] all quite shrouded in secrecy, but I’m the Goblin’s girlfriend - I’m in a relationship with him, and his accomplice. I’m on the dark side,” states Jones in an interview with the website ViewLondon.Co.Uk.

The Green Goblin is of course Spider-Man’s main arch-nemesis, and was the principal villain in the Sam Raimi-era first Spider-Man film. The Goblin did not appear at all in the current series’ first movie Amazing Spider-Man, but it was previously announced that actor Chris Cooper (The Bourne Identity, The Town) would play the Goblin’s civilian identity of Norman Osborn. Jones’ mention of the Goblin by name appear to infer that we will get to see Cooper-as-Osborn in action to some degree as the Green Goblin, although another possibility is Jones was referring to the fact Cooper will eventually appear as the 'Goblin' in the film series.

As for Jones herself, in another earlier interview (someone get her a publicist) she appeared to confirm her role in the film is as the Black Cat. The character has long been in the mix to appear in the Spider-Man movie series; appearing in the early scripts for 2004’s Spider-Man 2 before being cut, and for the ultimately cancelled fourth Sam Raimi Spider-Man film Anne Hathaway was in talks to play the character.
                                [/SPOILER]

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎