No announcement yet.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)

Electro as the sequel's villain and Jamie Fox playing him? Oddly, I can actually see that working out very well if done right. This new franchise is off to a great start. I like the Raimi movies, but I think Andrew Garfield is FAR better than Tobey Maguire in the role of Peter Parker/Spider-Man. Maguire often stared into space with that "deer in the headlights look" and played Peter Parker as a teary-eyed man child with too many emotional drama issues. Garfield has the signature wisecracks that Maguire did not have and I hope in the sequel he uses his Spider-Sense more which was almost NON-EXISTENT in the subsequent Raimi films.

Chris Cooper is a fine actor, but he's also in his 60's. They couldn't have found someone younger? Seriously? This sequel just sounds like a mess.

Comment

Thought I'd start this one up for everyone, especially now that they've cast Norman Osborn (uh, not sure on their cast choice there).

Moving some posts here to go along with this from the other thread
      Last edited by WickedJenn; 02-27-2013, 08:49 PM.

Comment

I like the costume change.

Comment

I am not a fan of Shailene Woodley as MJ but I guess we shall see.

Comment

Her name sounded familiar to me, I had to look her up though. I can't say I've seen much she's been in. My opinion here but, as long as it's not Kirsten Dunst, I'm already happy! That was like nails on a chalkboard for me.

Still scratching head over Chris Cooper as Norman. I mean, Willem Dafoe was excellent, I thought, the way his voice was and his transition into the Goblin. Just had that "villain" look about him.

Chris just seems...I don't know, too laidback? There's not that spark...

Comment

Seems like Ravencroft will be featured in the movie. Maybe they'll have Rhino and/or Electro be an inmate at one point? It would be great, if they also could reference some other supervillains (that's been taken down by Peter), as being inmates at Ravencroft. Just to give us a feeling, that Peter's gone up against a few more supervillains, since the last film (unlike the Maguire films, where he wasn't very pro-active and (until Sandman and Venom showed up) seemed to only go up against one supervillian per year).

Comment

First image of Foxx as Electro.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	2986569-electro.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	6627840

Comment

There was a video on AOL with Foxx as Electro just basically walking down the street.

Last edited by superhippie2000; 04-17-2013, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
                    There was a video on AOL with Foxx as Electro just basically walking down the street.

Is he in the right movie...he looks like a Na'Vi character from Avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                      Is he in the right movie...he looks like a Na'Vi character from Avatar.
                      LOL My friend mentioned he look liked Mr Freeze from Batman and Robin.

Comment

Webb's also released another picture of him, before the transformation. In it he's got glasses, a comb over and standing infront of a wall, with newspaper clips about Spider-Man. Made me think off Jim Carrey in Batman Forever.

Comment

^^^You mean this picture:

Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	6627856

That's a really bad comb-over, worse than Donald Trump's

Comment

When/if they bring in GG (either in this movie or in the 3rd), it might be interesting if they have it be Harry and not Norman (while using him as a red herring).

A thing I disliked about the 2002 movie, was that they instantly established, who GG was. Instead of keeping it as a mystery (with multiple suspects), that gets revealed at the end, with the unmasking.

However, because of the 2002 movie, they can never have Norman be the Goblin, while someone else acts as a red herring (like Harry did, when GG was introduced in the 90's animated series). As the audience expects him to be Green Goblin. So, the only way a "Goblin mystery indentity, that's later revealed to the audience" senario could work, is if Norman's the red herring and someone else is behind the mask.

Comment

Am actually getting a little worried. You can't see it, from this angle. But, close up stills shows that Paul's character's got little rhinos on his boxers. It feels a little too silly.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎