0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - More like Holy goodness that was $#!+

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Halberdier17 View Post
    Did anyone else notice Malcolm was going to open his room with his dark archer suit? But Deadshot broke that glass and the room shut; I thought Tommy would've seen that.
    Tommy was at an angle in the room that he would not have been able to see what the camera was showing us, the dark archer suit.

I really don't like McKenna and I really don't know why. Is it bad that I want her to be the bug so that the relationship can end and not just be a breakup but she is still around. Felicity and Diggle scenes were great, I want to actually see Felicity fight now. Its so weird that Diggle is staying back and not helping Oliver"in the field", what were they doing but just sitting there waiting for Oliver to come back?
    Thats were Roy Harper should come in. I like these two Dig and Felicity as Ollie's support system and dont think there should be in the frontlines. I think they save their purposes IMO, as his background crew. (They can still help him lots). Otherwise there is no need for the other characters.

The only question I have and that every one probably has is when is Roy Harper going to become red arrow!
    someday
    Last edited by Arrow12; 02-27-2013 at 07:47 PM.

I don't like McKenna because I know she will be "gone soon" and I don't want to get invested in her story. The chemistry is not as good as anyone else and Oliver. It just doesn't feel right. The lines like "slim pickings for us vigilantes" would make much more sense if she was going out with the hood and not Oliver. I could name three other women who would probably go out with Oliver if he asked them (one that will return next ep in a big way). I really do want to believe that part of the plot but I just wont be able to fake my surprise when the relationship doesn't end well.
    Diggle has shown he has the skills to fight and he has even gone as the hood, he can "take care of himself".
    Felicity though supposedly learning how to defend herself is probably best to stay in the "Oracle" position.
    Roy Harper who we only know can run fast and jump fences, is in the "why are you letting a kid get into danger" category; the main argument against Robin in any Batman movie franchise.
    We already have a brother for Oliver in Tommy, who this episode proves will be even more involved then we perviously believed.
    So what will Roy Harper be to Oliver? Maybe in three or four seasons down the road when Oliver has dealt with "the list" and he has been convinced by Felicity, Tommy, and Laurel he needs to be the hero Starling City deserves; maybe then he will be ready to mentor a "sidekick" but I can't see it happening anytime soon. His morale compass is still way too off center, he is still killing with little to no morose.
    I really want to see what the writers will do with Roy, my most anticipated meeting of the next episode is Oliver and Roy.

Roy Harper who we only know can run fast and jump fences, is in the "why are you letting a kid get into danger" category; the main argument against Robin in any Batman movie franchise.
    He is likely a 18-19 year old, adult age. Not young at all. If he was like 12-16 it would be quite the issue.
    Agree though it will take time for him to get to that stage where he is prepared to fight alongside Ollie.

I really do want to believe that part of the plot but I just wont be able to fake my surprise when the relationship doesn't end well.
    Its a necessary romance plot for the series regardless, its not about popularity, but a plot to move the show.

The Force is Strong!!! darkphoenix21's Avatar
    Training the next generation of Jedi legends
    I loved the ending...from Tommy finding out the truth to Laurel's mom showing up and telling Laurel that her sister may be alive. It was fantastic. I love the pacing of this series. I don't remember Smallville being this fast paced.

Quote Originally Posted by Halberdier17 View Post
    Did anyone else notice Malcolm was going to open his room with his dark archer suit? But Deadshot broke that glass and the room shut; I thought Tommy would've seen that.
    It gave me deju vu with that scene.

Board Master
    Out of all the episodes shown since during this month and last, this was my favorite as a lot has moved forward in many ways. We get two villains instead of one with China White and Deadshot and we're learning more about the Merlyns. Also, Oliver is investing in his relationship with McKenna yet it's complicated that they're enemies in the field. It took Geoff Johns to move things forward such as Oliver revealing his secret to Tommy and broke his heart when he wouldn't tell him why he does what does. Dinah's mother, Dinah Drake Lance, makes her debut in this episode as she tries to make amends with her daughter and tell her the news that Sara may be possibly alive. Diggle and Felicity have gelled into Oliver's support system, but I agree that I don't them to be out in the field. The only one who should out there with Oliver is Roy. Johns also set up things for the next several episode with Diggle's reaction of Deadshot returning. The flashbacks with Oliver and Slade continue to shine as they move in on someone while they got a radio to work and contact for pickup from the island. So far, three people now know Oliver's secret - Diggle, Felicity, and Tommy Merlyn. Great episode.

Incurable Postaholic RightWingConspirator's Avatar
    This is the first ep of the series where I think a mistake may have been made. I thought the scene where "The Hood' reveals to Tommy that--surprise!-it's his bud Ollie was very well done, and very well presented. However, it is too soon, i think. Having Tommy in the dark about this was a gold mine for comedy relief moments, which are gone now. As other have said, the circle of folks who know Ollie's secret is getting ridiculosly high. He's gonna need a bigger hideout!

Did a facepalm with the scene of Laurel showing Ollie's detective girlfriend a picture of Sarah as a child with--wink wink--a...canary. What? Sarah may be alive? Somehow, I figured this would happen from the first ep. I hoped I would be wrong, but I guess not.

Everything else though, was great, from Mona's plot to kill Malcolm, to Tommy's reaction to his father, and their reconciliation, to Felicity's bit.

Did we already know Deadshot killed Diggs' brother? I'm not remembering that.

Maybe we've already heard an answer to this and I'm just drawing a blank, but why the heck is Tommy's Dad not on the list?? You would think of all people...

Wow, that was quite the episode. A fantastic second third of the season finale one might say.

I remember hearing that the end would have a shocking revelation but honestly, the fact that Tommy found out was an even bigger shock. Didn't expect them to pull the trigger so soon. I've enjoyed Oliver's scenes with Tommy so far in the show and their interaction in the hospital was probably their best on the show. Very well acted. Lets see what happens from now on. Hopefully they will avoid the romantic triangle drama with Laurel as much as possible.

Malcolm's scenes with Tommy were also one of the best parts about this episode. I was looking forward to seeing Barrowman get more screentime and he didn't disappoint.

As for the final scene, I suspected Sarah might resurface. The Lance family tree hasn't been touched upon a lot so far and hopefully they'll do that in the weeks to come. We need more info like, for example, who actually
    becomes Black Canary.

As usual, the island stuff was fun to watch.

Finally, it was awesome to see Glen Winter in action again. What a director.

8/10 from me.
    Last edited by costas22; 02-28-2013 at 12:56 AM.

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RightWingConspirator View Post

Did we already know Deadshot killed Diggs' brother? I'm not remembering that.
    Yeah Ollie mentioned it in the episode when Ollie tried to recruit Diggle.

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman77 View Post
    So far, three people now know Oliver's secret - Diggle, Felicity, and Tommy Merlyn. Great episode.
    You forgot "crazy ex-girlfriend" for which [SPOILER] next episode is named "Huntress Returns". [/SPOILER]
    Last edited by Sugar; 02-28-2013 at 09:30 AM. Reason: added spoiler tags

Quote Originally Posted by cstanleymd View Post
    Maybe we've already heard an answer to this and I'm just drawing a blank, but why the heck is Tommy's Dad not on the list?? You would think of all people...
    In the first or second ep Oliver used the first few pages of the book to light a fire, the writers could use that as an excuse for why the five who were at the meeting have not been mentioned as being in the book. Especially the three we know the names of Malcolm, Moira, and Frank.
    Last edited by bellrevue; 02-28-2013 at 06:50 AM.

New In Town
    Quote Originally Posted by cstanleymd View Post
    I agree. Oliver's mom should be on there too.

Settling In
    this episode is great, but still feel something is missing.
    i dun like the idea Tommy knowing Oliver is the Hood.
    so eventually Ollie have to change his hideout when Tommy turn against him. ? (the new trailer shown tommy is in the 'arrowcave')

My heart goes out to Tommy. His entire world was shaken in a matter of minutes: discovering:
    1. just how deeply emotional his dad was about his mom's murder (at the awards)
    2. his dad has a safe/panic room in the building
    3. His dad can not only fight, but has the ability to kill someone, with no qualms
    4. His best friend (and almost brother) is the vigilante.
    This is a lot to digest for any character, and I hope the writers build this into the storyline successfully. I would not like to see Tommy accept this side of Oliver and his Dad easily.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast