Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Dead To Rights?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't expect that Oliver would reveal his secret to Tommy. I hope this won't break there friendship. About the mother of Laurel, i always thougt that sara would be alive. And it sucks that the new episode is 1 month waiting

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrunner
      This episode was amazing! The only question I have and that every one probably has is when is Roy Harper going to become red arrow!
      *sigh*

Really? It's the first flipping season.

Anyway....as people have said, great episode for as much as they crammed in, it flowed nicely. Can't wait to see the Huntress back next week.

Comment

Originally posted by PedroMcNamara
        *sigh*

Really? It's the first flipping season.

Anyway....as people have said, great episode for as much as they crammed in, it flowed nicely. Can't wait to see the Huntress back next week.
        We have to wait 3 weeks for the next episode.

Comment

Loved it! But I am going back to the very beginning of the episode and wondering who else besides Moira wants Malcolm dead? That was just the first of many WOW moments in the show.

Comment

Great episode overall. I was hoping that Tommy wouldn't find out. There goes my guess on Thea knowing Oliver's secret next. Maybe Tommy knowing will open his eyes to the world of bad. Getting close with his father and Malcolm teaching Tommy a thing or two.

Dinah coming in right near the end saying Sarah might be alive. Some people called it on this forum.

People wanting Red Arrow, way..... to early. Just stick with Roy being a punk kid for now.

Comment

Originally posted by angelare
              Loved it! But I am going back to the very beginning of the episode and wondering who else besides Moira wants Malcolm dead? That was just the first of many WOW moments in the show.
              That chinese guy who was with Moira all the time, wanted him dead too, forgot his name.

Comment

Originally posted by Jones15
                Great episode overall. I was hoping that Tommy wouldn't find out. There goes my guess on Thea knowing Oliver's secret next. Maybe Tommy knowing will open his eyes to the world of bad. Getting close with his father and Malcolm teaching Tommy a thing or two.

Dinah coming in right near the end saying Sarah might be alive. Some people called it on this forum.

People wanting Red Arrow, way..... to early. Just stick with Roy being a punk kid for now.
                Did i miss something? Red Arrow? lol

Comment

I really enjoyed that episode. There was a lot in it and I am very intrigued by how Tommy will react to Oliver now he knows Oliver's secret. It will also be interesting if Sarah is alive how Detective Lance will react to Oliver and if Oliver can stop blaming himself over Sarah's death.

Comment

Originally posted by QueenInc.
                    Did i miss something? Red Arrow? lol
                    Roy Harper has various masked identities in the comics and Red Arrow is one of them. And he was wearing a red hoodie in his introductory episode, I think.

But I'm not very familiar with DC, and I don't know the different continuities. I know post-Crisis and pre-Crisis and golden age v. silver age, but that's about it. And even that knowledge is limited to Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman.

Comment

Holy crap. What an episode of Arrow. So many revelations and little bit of easter eggs left and right from Bludhaven (South of Gotham - Nightwing Home) Apartments to Nanda Parbat which was in the Justice league episode that featured Boston Brand Deadman as well as in the comics where it's a city nestled high in the mountains of Tibet. It's pretty much a place of healing and enlightenment watched over by the goddess-like figure Rama Kushna and her monks which is what the justice league unlimited with Deadman was all about and it was so ingenious of Geoff Johns to incorporate this particular story arc for Malcolm Merlyn just awesome. This episode the stakes went even higher WOW. Also the fact that Laurel's mother enter the fold and saying that her sister is alive, very interesting. Now pretty much Moira Queen has a bullseye on herself. It's cool that curare is the poison that Deadshot uses to eliminate his
                      target and in Batman Beyond Curare is the assassin that works for the secret organization who eliminates targets that are assigned to her by the organization she works for. So many elements they use from various shows from Batman Beyond to many more to make Arrow one of the best shows ever. My favorite was Nanda Parbat what an easter egg.

Comment

Malcolm Merlyn in a way is equivalent to Ra's Al Ghul. What an episode with so much fresh stories to come in in Arrow. The pace of this episode was especially great. The amazing part was how they balance multiple stories in so well. The 16th episode of Arrow is by far the highlight of season 1.

Comment

When Geoff Johns said that there going to be some easter eggs and if you are comic book fan you will understand it and he was right all along. I kind of wondering could it be possible for them to Ground the Nanda Parbat storyline to realistic way since in the comics its more supernatural because in the comic book universe its about retaining youth, less time has passed etc.

Comment

Is it just me or is this show getting a lot better? I don't mean just with the plots and writing but the acting, directing and shooting as well. It all seems more relaxed but at the same time focused, like there's some real vision behind it. Not to say the first episodes were bad, not at all.

Anyways, loved the return of Deadshot, he was utilized well as was China White and Moira. Malcom Merlyn gets more characterization and isn't just an evil bastard, he has heart, black as it might be. I really liked how he affected Tommy, Oliver (talking about his dad in the restaurant) and even Laurel (she couldn't catch a break opening doors in this episode).

The action was great, the island scenes, as brief as they were, were terrific. We're finally arriving to the real reason Fyers is on the island.

Oh, and Bludhaven & Nanda Parbat!

Comment

Great job of writing for this episode by Geoff Johns! I hope he writes more episodes in the future.

I was definitely surprised by Oliver revealing his secret to Tommy. I believe in time, Tommy will get over it and trust him again. I know Tommy has a right to be mad, but needs to get over it because Oliver could've jumped out the window and let his dad die. I love DeadShot and China White teaming up and the fact that they got away, unharmed, means they'll be back. More interesting developments on the island. Perhaps, those huge tanks are part of Malcolm's plans to take down Starling City. BTW, I loved Slade's line....." I want to meet this monster."

Comment

Loved this episode: There is a lot to process with this episode and also Geoff Johns is amazing.

The many references to the comics two stood out to me:
                                *Bludhaven aptments was a nice shot I know Nightwing lives there and if I am not mistaken there was time that Dinah Laurel Lance lived there for a time before the New 52 phase.
                                *The story of the Back Canary that Laurel shared. The reference was great because it was a gift from father to daughter Laurel was annoyed by it but it was foreshadowing that Laurel will eventually become Black Canary.

Elements of the show that stood out to me:
                                *Felicity started to train to fight to defend herself. I know alot of people want to Felicity to stay in an Oracle type role but I want to see her a little more different. Besides with Oracle she was Batgirl before she became Oracle and if I am not mistaken Oracle still wanted to fight for a time. Now I am not saying that Felicity havean accident like Barbra did but it would be nice to she more as her backstory develops.
                                *Tommy had a lot of development in the episode too. We saw Oliver persaude Tommy to fix his relationship with his father Malcolm. Tommy became more understanding of why his father disappeared. It was nice to see both people become more open. Then his relationship with Oliver is tested with Oliver telling him that he is the vigilante. In the end Tommy asking Oliver if he was going to tell him but Oliver said no Tommy got his answer. Tommy will continue to protect Oliver but not be as accepting of what Oliver does of the vigilante. No this part came no surprise to me because I was always suspicious of Tommy. Second I am pretty sure that Malcolm was going to tell Tommy who he really is but they kept getting interupted. We do get more of his story and why he could fight and kill. I do believe that Malcolm will be gone by the end of the season or in the future if not.
                                *Laurel had great developments in the episode too. Now that we see Laurel and her father on outs after the stunt he pulled. We see the mother trying to contact her in hope of reuntiting the family. It nice to see Laurel being civil toward Oliver too. Also it will be interesting too see how Laurel reacts to the possibility that Sarah (yes I looked it up that the name is spelled with an at the end) might be alive. I so called it because there was no mention of a body recoved to confirm she is dead. I am think the mother Dinah Lance either found her after her body washed ashore somwhere or she got some intel being the Black Canary. That will be mentioned in the next episode when things come to light.
                                *Oliver relationships were tested. This new relationship with McKenna is interesting and it will eventually become harder as he keeps his secret of being the vigilante. Also McKenna does seem a little hesitant trying to catch the vigilante. Also his relationship with Tommy and he see how much hurt Tommy has after Oliver told him and feels he may have lost the friendship. In the underlying friendship with Felicity it seeks she has gotten to him being more of a hero than a killer.
                                --There is many more that comes with this episode but this is what stood out to me the most.--10/10

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎