0 0%
  • 1 - More like Holy goodness that was $#!+

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Dead To Rights?"

What did you think?

New In Town
    That episode was awesome! Well at least the last 30 minutes anyway. I was unfortunately preoccupied during the other half. I can't wait for the next episode. Why does it have to be so long from now though.

Banned
    I loved it and didn't expect Tommy to find out Oliver was the vigilante. Why am I not surprised that they played the "Sarah is alive card"

By the way I had one big Arrow catch up session today I missed all the episodes after Burned which I think was the tenth episode of the season.

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hood View Post
    That episode was awesome! Well at least the last 30 minutes anyway. I was unfortunately preoccupied during the other half. I can't wait for the next episode. Why does it have to be so long from now though.
    I agree we have to wait until March 20th because the Finale is in May.

I loved this episode I liked the flashbacks, Oliver/Tommy story, the set up for the next episode and maybe future episodes.
    [SPOILER]I think Sarah will comeback as the Black Canary instead of Laurel being the Black Canary since Sarah had a pet canary[/SPOILER]

Forum Regular
    I think this one defiantly deserves a 10 if any episode so far has. No part of the episode felt forced. All the acting was good. And that doesn't mention the insane amount of stuff they packed into this episode.

One more barely named villain down, assassination attempt deadshot back in the game, an alliance forged between Moria/China White/Deadshot, more island stuff, Oliver showing even before he was stranded he wasn't a complete idiot just a jerk, Tommy and his father, almost discovering Malcolm's secret, actually discovering Olivers, Diggle's struggle, relationship progression, and of course all the stuff with the Lance's.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Halberdier17 View Post
    I agree we have to wait until March 20th because the Finale is in May.

I loved this episode I liked the flashbacks, Oliver/Tommy story, the set up for the next episode and maybe future episodes.
    [SPOILER]I think Sarah will comeback as the Black Canary instead of Laurel being the Black Canary since Sarah had a pet canary[/SPOILER]
    I hope to god that doesn't happen what would be the point of having the character called Dinah Lance(Yeah I know she goes by the name Laurel here) if she doesn't become who she's meant to become.
    Last edited by maasaloo; 02-27-2013 at 06:16 PM.

This show just keeps getting better. I think the past several have been awesome! Took me awhile to fully get into this but now I find myself going back and re-watching it throughout the week!

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by maasaloo View Post
    I hope to god that doesn't happen what would be the point of having the character called Dinah Lance(Yeah I know her first names Laurel here) if she doesn't become who she's meant to become.
    Do we know Sarah's middle name? They could make it a thing though. Where Sarah is the first black canary then after she dies or retires or whatever Laurel takes over. But of course this is all just speculation because it could just be a desperate hope of depressed mother. Which I so wouldn't put past them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertylover7 View Post
    Do we know Sarah's middle name? They could make it a thing though. Where Sarah is the first black canary then after she dies or retires or whatever Laurel takes over. But of course this is all just speculation because it could just be a desperate hope of depressed mother. Which I so wouldn't put past them.
    You could be onto something but now her mother has been introduced she's was or is meant to be the original Black Canary.
    Agree about the mother's desperation though.

New In Town
    This episode was amazing! The only question I have and that every one probably has is when is Roy Harper going to become red arrow!

A lot of stuff to absorb. Tommy finding out is big! Though the description of next episode seems to indicate it doesn't hurt their working club owner/manager relationship. The part where Tommy asks if Oliver was ever going to tell was probably the best acted scene in the entire episode, the almost tears on both men's parts was so apparent. Tommy really did think of Oliver as a brother, living with him for many years instead of in his empty house.
    I agree with all that learning about the pre-island relationships would be good but I think that would be best done in the comics, the tv show can hold to its traditional island/present concept which is working fantastically so far.
    Laurel, canary, mother issues, sister alive (btw stated in description of next episode)...I can't see how that is true. How would she survive being pulled under water? They do look very much alike.
    Tommy and Oliver scenes were the best of all.
    I really don't like McKenna and I really don't know why. Is it bad that I want her to be the bug so that the relationship can end and not just be a breakup but she is still around. Felicity and Diggle scenes were great, I want to actually see Felicity fight now. Its so weird that Diggle is staying back and not helping Oliver"in the field", what were they doing but just sitting there waiting for Oliver to come back?

New In Town
    I totally loved this episode!!!!!!!!!! it just keeps getting better and better every week!!!! I was shocked with Oliver revelation to Tommy... I didn't saw that coming... and more revelations at the end... it was just AWESOME!!!!!

Board Master
    9 out of 10. Much better than last week. I really like Tommy, so that's a big factor for me. And his backstory and the relationship between him and Oliver is something I enjoy seeing. I'm really hoping that he will not go bad, despite his name. I don't see the same ruthlessness/lack of consideration for others in him that I saw in Lex on Smallville. But that could be because I'm just way, way more familiar with Superman than Green Arrow. I hate seeing Tommy bonding with his dad - it's just going to make it hurt worse. Maybe Oliver shouldn't try to mend relationships between parents and children - this is the second time he's made someone want to make up with their killer parent.

I go in unspoiled, so was shocked that Tommy found out. I never expected that - not this early in the series. Loved Tommy's reaction to learning Oliver was the vigilante. He told Lance he knew nothing. He acknowledged Oliver as saving his father's life. But he's also upset that Oliver lied to him, was never going to tell him. He, according to Oliver, always trusted Oliver. But Oliver didn't trust him, and never planned to tell him. And we learned just recently that a friend lying to Tommy is a big deal to him. And now I guess he's going to play liar (by omission, at least) in his relationship with Laurel. I think it's worth noting that Tommy saw his father fight - that information could end up being important. No one else knows about that skill of his, so far as we know, and it could end up being a clue for Oliver one day. I'm dying to see how this plays out with Oliver and Tommy. I hope their relationship builds back up and they're good in the end. Don't know where I expect it to go right now. Tommy still works for Oliver. And Oliver saved his father's life. BTW, did I miss it or did Oliver not yet tell Digg and Felicity that Tommy knows? That's okay to be off-screen material, I think, and definitely it was more important to see Digg react to news that his brother's killer is still out there.

Kudos to Thompson's acting. The shaking hands were nice, but the look on her face when she was looking at Tommy was just gorgeous. Fabulous performance.

McKenna's comments were very pointed - I kept thinking she might know Oliver was the vigilante. I'm not really interested in those two, I admit.

I enjoyed Quentin. Talk to the vigilante in one breath and in the next plan to catch him. Still, he's always been open to the vigilante that he's after him, so it's nothing knew. I liked him asking if the vigilante was a friend of Tommy's. I so think he still thinks Oliver is the vigilante.

The ending was a much milder surprise that Tommy finding out, to me. Just made me giggle because of those that brought up the "no body, no death" thing way back after the first episode. I'm very interested in why her mother thinks she might be alive. I actually did contemplate the desperate/delusional hope idea, which I don't normally in this kind of genre. Would be different than I'd expected, because I'd thought Mom was handling Sarah's death better than Quentin was. So, will Laurel tell her father about this? Tell Oliver or Tommy? This is a very logical time to talk to Oliver because he could tell her exactly what happened to Sarah, as he saw it.

Lastly, I think Malcolm knows, or at least suspects, that Moira was behind the assassination attempt - he just strikes me as the "knowing" type of villain.

the answer is 42. Blue screen of death's Avatar
    I enjoyed pretty much everything about this episode except for Tommy finding out the secret. That was a real disappointment. Too many people are starting to know the secret. At this point Ollie might as well go public. I did enjoy the return of deadshot again that was cool seeing him get his eyepiece. I also agree with Bellrevue, i am unsure as to what to think of McKenna. I find her ok at some times and others i just want her to go away, but yet I can't really explain why. Looking forward to seeing what Malcom does when he gets out of the hospital and how Moira deals with the traitor. 7/10 because of Tommy.

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    Did anyone else notice Malcolm was going to open his room with his dark archer suit? But Deadshot broke that glass and the room shut; I thought Tommy would've seen that.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast