Collapse
No announcement yet.

#8.21 "The Great Escapist"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was that a trailer for next week's episode only or for the rest of the season?

Comment

Did anyone else realize that in Pac Man Fever, Charlie mentioned that she'd read about the angels in the Supernatural books? But Chuck only ever published up to the end of book 3, right when Dean went to Hell. However, we do then later see the episode with the Supernatural convention and Chuck mentioning that "thanks to an investor" he is going to start publishing again, and he asked the crowd how they felt about angels. However, Sam and Dean also told him he's not allowed to publish anything anymore, or they'll put a cap in his ass. They could have been joking or whatever, or their relationship dynamic changed behind the scenes, where Chuck kept writing/publishing anyways, because at the end of Season 5 episode 22 "Swan Song" we see Chuck finishing the books up to the end of Season 5, but who published them? They were on his computer, and then he disappeared. And without an actual death in the world, or a corpse, there wouldn't be anyone filing a death and thus having Chuck's belongings inherited by whomever he left them to, where they could have then consequently published the work they found on his computer, but that all seems unlikely giving the fact he just disappeared. I find it hard to believe that he disappears, and someone STILL finds his computer and publishes the books with angels without him knowing it.

I know this is REALLY far fetch'd in a lot of ways, but I also think it makes a lot of sense to wonder about this. Could it be a clue that Chuck IS alive, and is out there writing and publishing? Or just another hole in the plot and an oversight? I keep finding examples of Jeremy Carver forgetting things from the past, because he wasn't the showrunner back then. While it's true he was quite involved and wrote a lot of episodes and directed some episodes, he wasn't close enough with the material to avoid making mistakes like this. I hate being teased with a genuine, real question like this one, that isn't imagined, but has evidence based on the show, but having no idea if it's a writer/production oversight or not?
      Last edited by Sotaris; 04-27-2013, 06:35 AM.

Comment

What do you guys think is going to happen to Sam after the third trial is complete?

Comment

He'll get superpowers, or the only way to save him will be to sacrifice Castiel's grace to heal Sam. Some sort of ancient angel spell. And that will give Sam abilities, but not full on angelic abilities. He may even become some sort of angel/demon hybrid that Crowley then realizes he can exploit/create more of.

Pretty out there, but hey, it's fun to ponder.

Comment

Originally posted by Axalon
            What do you guys think is going to happen to Sam after the third trial is complete?
            As i said on another thread, I think Sam will be 'dying' and Cas will have to give his Grace to save him. I don't think it will give Sam powers but I do think that Sam will feel so guilty about Cas doing that that he will make his mission to protect/train him in the ways of hunting (and thus, give up on the idea of a 'normal' life). He and Dean will continue to hunt (and protect Cas), so basically status quo will be maintained. Just...Sam will have a lot more guilt.

Comment

Which then might lead to the God Tablet (you know there is one...) and the roles being reversed where human Cas needs to find God in order to save Sam or Dean....or even perhaps himself, and Sam/Dean try to find God to save Cas.

You cannot close the gates of Hell without risking an imbalance between good and evil....the two must always exist to balance the other out. So if the Gates of Hell close, that might mean the cage is unlocked....a powerless Cas facing Lucifer and Michael would be extremely interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by The Magnificent One
                Was that a trailer for next week's episode only or for the rest of the season?
                Pretty sure the trailer was just showing what's all in this episode.

Originally posted by Sotaris
                Did anyone else realize that in Pac Man Fever, Charlie mentioned that she'd read about the angels in the Supernatural books? But Chuck only ever published up to the end of book 3, right when Dean went to Hell. However, we do then later see the episode with the Supernatural convention and Chuck mentioning that "thanks to an investor" he is going to start publishing again, and he asked the crowd how they felt about angels. However, Sam and Dean also told him he's not allowed to publish anything anymore, or they'll put a cap in his ass. They could have been joking or whatever, or their relationship dynamic changed behind the scenes, where Chuck kept writing/publishing anyways, because at the end of Season 5 episode 22 "Swan Song" we see Chuck finishing the books up to the end of Season 5, but who published them? They were on his computer, and then he disappeared. And without an actual death in the world, or a corpse, there wouldn't be anyone filing a death and thus having Chuck's belongings inherited by whomever he left them to, where they could have then consequently published the work they found on his computer, but that all seems unlikely giving the fact he just disappeared. I find it hard to believe that he disappears, and someone STILL finds his computer and publishes the books with angels without him knowing it.

I know this is REALLY far fetch'd in a lot of ways, but I also think it makes a lot of sense to wonder about this. Could it be a clue that Chuck IS alive, and is out there writing and publishing? Or just another hole in the plot and an oversight? I keep finding examples of Jeremy Carver forgetting things from the past, because he wasn't the showrunner back then. While it's true he was quite involved and wrote a lot of episodes and directed some episodes, he wasn't close enough with the material to avoid making mistakes like this. I hate being teased with a genuine, real question like this one, that isn't imagined, but has evidence based on the show, but having no idea if it's a writer/production oversight or not?
                Isn't far fetched at all into thinking the books for the Pilot all the way to No Rest for the Wicked were published, and then the books pertaining to the events in seasons four and five made their way online.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎