No announcement yet.

The Outsider

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Outsider

This is the first time I've heard his whole name used together (it might have been said in the last episode, but I feel like this was the first I'VE ever heard it together), and I wanted to point something out.

The outsider's first and last name is Greg Mendell. His middle name is unknown at this point, but...

The writers gave him the same name (with small changes) as Gregor Johann Mendel.

Sound familiar? It should if you took general science courses growing up or studied biology. Mendel was praised as the founder of the new science of genetics, or, as your teachers would have put it, determining patterns in traits in something as common as a pea plant, and using that to jump start the science into looking into what makes our own genes dominant and recessive.

This could be mere coincidence, but what if it's not? Though that brings to mind the question of which character would he be connected to? If we wanted to really grasp at straws, the link between peas and beans could be made, since they're both in a pod. ;D What do you guys think though?

hum... Could this new outsider have some future connection with the magic bean growing??

Comment

It's an interesting thought that Greg might play a part in the beanstalk growing process, but when I first started thinking about Gregor Mendel, I wondered if Once's Greg Mendell would want to study these magical people?

He seems interested in the weird things that happen in Storybrooke and have called someone on the outside to report on what he discovered so it made me curious if he would try to investigate or experiment on them in some way.

Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by savingpeoplething
        It's an interesting thought that Greg might play a part in the beanstalk growing process, but when I first started thinking about Gregor Mendel, I wondered if Once's Greg Mendell would want to study these magical people?

He seems interested in the weird things that happen in Storybrooke and have called someone on the outside to report on what he discovered so it made me curious if he would try to investigate or experiment on them in some way.

Just a thought.
        That actually makes more sense and would fit the name better for him. Considering Mendel studied different traits in living things, it makes sense to have Mendell study how it is that the traits of magical powers are able to exist in these people compared to it being absent in those from our world.

Comment

Interesting. perhaps he could want to study them or something. Or perhaps when he leaves town he might leave with something like a stolen bean. Would be interesting if an outsider came into town and was able to take something out of it. Would it bring magic to the real world for the rest of us? Could he cause some damage? maybe he will study Belle.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎