No announcement yet.

Invasion #2.15 "War"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invasion #2.15 "War"

New YJ Invasion today! Talk about it here!

Here are pics:

10 - Great
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bad
    0%

[SPOILER]I wonder what the Reach wants with the key to the Warworld? What's going to happen to Blue Beetle since he has revealed that he is now under the Reach's control? Are Blue Beetle and Green Beetle actually on the Reach's side or are they faking it? Why did Vandal want Mongul to attack Earth? Did Mongul have a previous encounter with the Reach? Now that the Reach has revealed its arsenal to the rest of the world, are the Citizens of Earth beginning to doubt the Reach's intention? Is Arsenal the only only member of YJ that is still conscious? [/SPOILER]
    So many questions.

Comment

The Reach sacrificed 2/3 of their fleet to stop Mongul, them having the key to War World means that they came out of the encounter with more weaponry than they went in with despite their losses.

Vandall is against the proliferation of meta human abilities, and that is the Reach's main purpose. Vandall wants metas out of the way on Earth and Mongol wants them out of the way in the whole universe. This definitely brings up more questions: Were the Reach up front with the Light about their intentions for Earth? If so, why would Vandall bother allying with them? How did Vandall meet up with Mongul? As it stands I don't understand what anyone in the Light gets out of the Reach invasion.

My question is: Where are Hal and Guy? John Stewart said that the Lanterns know of the Reach, and that no Lantern can go back to Earth as long as the Reach are present, but Hal and Guy should still be there. Whether they are present or not, Earth has more Lanterns than any planet other than Oa, that should count for something when discussing treaties.

Comment

My first impression was that Vandal deliberately framed Mogul to attack Earth in order to benefit the Reach. The Reach now look to Earth's population like a benevolent race who sacrificed 2/3 of their fleet to save humanity and, on top of that, they have the key to the War Moon.

What confuses me though is why Savage and the Light would want to strength the Reach's hand. I'm pretty sure their ultimate goal is to double-cross the aliens.

The only thing that is apparent now is that things get worse for the heroes every episode. Unless Batman has some behind-the-scene plan no one knows about, I don't see how they can get out of this mess.

A possible plot twist of course would be Blue Beetle being a double agent like Aqualad. I'm not sure the writers are going in that direction though.

Originally posted by Harrison_Bergeron
        The Reach sacrificed 2/3 of their fleet to stop Mongul, them having the key to War World means that they came out of the encounter with more weaponry than they went in with despite their losses.

Vandall is against the proliferation of meta human abilities, and that is the Reach's main purpose. Vandall wants metas out of the way on Earth and Mongol wants them out of the way in the whole universe. This definitely brings up more questions: Were the Reach up front with the Light about their intentions for Earth? If so, why would Vandall bother allying with them? How did Vandall meet up with Mongul? As it stands I don't understand what anyone in the Light gets out of the Reach invasion.

My question is: Where are Hal and Guy? John Stewart said that the Lanterns know of the Reach, and that no Lantern can go back to Earth as long as the Reach are present, but Hal and Guy should still be there. Whether they are present or not, Earth has more Lanterns than any planet other than Oa, that should count for something when discussing treaties.

Comment

Lex Luthor is the one with the back up plan, that much I am sure of. I have a feeling that Vandal is conspiring too, but he is probably playing catch up. There is still Aqualad on the inside with Black Manta and Sports Master who are both wild cards when it comes the big picture.

Timm has done it before, which makes it seem unlikely, but I predict that the good guys and bad guys will unite against the greater threat.

The Reach were not supposed to have a fleet on Earth, there is no way that they will be able to play off the sacrifice. They even told the UN when War World showed up that they could do nothing because they only had the single peaceful ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrison_Bergeron
            Timm has done it before, which makes it seem unlikely, but I predict that the good guys and bad guys will unite against the greater threat.
            That's probably true since a basic synopsis for next few episodes have been released.

"The Hunt:
            A band of misfits is put to the test when Lex Luthor sends them behind enemy lines… to rescue the team!

Comment

'War' is a good episode. Vandal Savage is attending the trail of the Justice League as he send Mongol to Earth to keep the Earthbound team and the Reach busy. He did a good job at that. He just couldn't defeat them. In the end, it was one of their own that defeated the Youth Justice team, and gotten them captured by the Reach.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎