No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Everybody Hates Hitler?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Everybody Hates Hitler?"

Other mods, were you asleep at the wheel?

What did everyone think of this week's Supernatural?
    10 - Worthy of the Men of Letters
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Everybody Hates This Episode
    0%

I actually didn't see any point in this episode and I know I sound like a downer but I think it kinda sucked.

Comment

As a whole I think it's too early to form an opinion of the "man of letters" arc, but this episode alone was not good. However, I liked was the mention of Cas, and when Sam warmed his hands over the burning body. That is all. Maybe next weeks episode will be better.

Comment

Well, as for what the point was, this ep was one more way of coming at this season's main story from a different angle. The Jewish lore has all kinds of angel tidbits in it, and we're working on the mystery of what the hell is going on in heaven with Tapping's ability to abuse angels by altering their CPU. So the Jewish bible and the golum (who got hacked via a similar backdoor method) might be a source of information sharing that will clue the hunters in to what's going on and how to oppose it. I thought it was a fun one. Had some personality to it instead of just "I'm a beastie! What are you gonna do about it? Hey! Owwwch!"

Comment

It was a pretty weird episode but enjoyable nonetheless. The Golem was pretty awesome hah. The episode had a lot of funny moments and of course watching Nazis getting killed is always fun. "The Batcave" as Dean calls it is really cool I just wish that they had spent way more screentime on it. To be honest, they didn't even need to have a case in this episode it could just have been the brothers in the bunker drinking whiskey, listening to old tunes and reading up on everything in there.

Comment

Originally posted by The Magnificent One
            it could just have been the brothers in the bunker drinking whiskey, listening to old tunes and reading up on everything in there.
            An entire episode of just that? I don't know...talk about weird episode, imo, that would've definitely been an "off" episode, although I agree that this episode could have spent just a bit more time on the bunker. Maybe we'll get little parts with every episode from now on this season showing Sam and Dean discovering new things about the bunker.

And I have a question regarding the bunker...why don't Sam and Dean let Kevin use it? Might be something that is brought up next week.

Comment

ok some thoughts:

1) nice hobbit hole.
              2) we're still not talking about Cas?
              3) okay at least Dean's thinking about him but isn't really worried
              even though Cas was bleeding from his eyes (wtfrak) and Dean
              had even told Sam at the end of "torn and frayed" that "something
              seem off about Cas?" well duhh but you don't care enough to launch
              a full-out search or at the least pine over him??
              4) love the cute sweatervest on Sammy
              5) really. a golem. uh-huh.
              6) but did you hear Dean's scream when it came toward him?!
              7) hey, necromancers were kinda pretty. . .
              8) lost my train of thought; i'll finish later.

Comment

This episode was really awkward. I liked the introduction of the bunker and there were some funny moments like the bar scene, but I thought that the case was poorly written. It didn't feel like there was any sense of accomplishment from killing the Nazis. Their deaths took a backseat to the rest of the episode.

Comment

I really liked this episode. Despite the promos looking like it was going to be nothing but filler, I think we got some good stuff with the bat cave and the Thule. I loved Aaron and the Golem and I really hope they return later on. This was just fun and funny episode, although I do agree the villains were not well written. I don't think the episode was really about them, but it could've used more.

Comment

So this episode was pretty cool. I'm still not sure how I feel about this whole Men of Letters thing but Ben brought he what he always brings, so...

What I really enjoyed was the fact they tied in the whole supernatural experimentation with the Nazi regime and Hitler. It has long been rumored (I've seen many books on the subject) that Hitler was obsessed with the Occult. To have that manifest in such a way was very clever.

The "Batcave"--I loved that it's in Kansas (what is it with Winchesters/the occult and Kansas?). I wonder if it was deliberate to put it there (on the part of the writers, I mean)? I did like it but honestly, I thought it would be bigger. Maybe there were corridors we didn't see but what we did see was about the size of the Campbell library and I thought the men of letters said it was bigger than that? Also it was very clean for having been abandoned for so long (and I liked how they brought up the whole 'how is there water and power?" thing as well).

Dean in slippers and the robe. The mention of the water pressure (nice reminder of Bugs and Dean loving the showers when they were squatting!) and then Dean telling Sam not to geek out while geeking out himself over the sword!

Hal Linden as guest star! So nice to see, though his time was much too short. Loving all the old school TV guest stars we've been having this season.

Two weeks later and Sam is still loving it. (Though what happens to Rufus's cabin now? And I still want to know what happened to Bobby's stuff--like what Jody brought to Sam?--and the Campbell library.) A mention of Cas not answering the call (did they angel proof the Bunker?) and then a case.

Okay, a brief moment to appreciate how totally sexy Sam was in his sweater vest! Kudos to the wardrobe department for that.

Dean's reaction to meeting the Golem and it towering over him was classic.
                    The explanation for the Golem ("everybody loves bacon" and Dean's little nod, so cute!) and Sam getting the reference to the number was so great to see. The return of Geeky!Sam. It was nice to see Sam take on that research role again (I did love Bobby in that role but it took some of that away from Sam as well). I could picture Sam as a Man of Letters and Dean as 'his hunter' that he sends out to kill things.

The idea of the Nazis wanting to bring their dead back to life is actually a pretty smart one. If they could, then if soldiers were killed they could just reanimate them. But I have seen some people say the whole zombie!nazi thing is played out (apparently it's been a popular trope in media recently?). I can see Hitler wanting that. I wonder where the Men of Letters were during that whole time, though?

And yet another possible SPN spin-off idea (the 'Rabbi' and his Golem fighting the Thule). Seems like a lot this year. So the whole Nazi thing worked fairly well (I know a lot of people were worried it would be handled tastelessly or whatever) and it was nice to just have casefic again.

Comment

Dude there's a very clear/obvious presentation that the bat cave is HUGE. I mean Dean being off in a steam shower in a different specific room with its own purpose. I perceived the bat cave to be massive, with dozens of sleeping quarters, a kitchen, library, armory, ancient artifacts, etc. etc. I guarantee you it's huge.

What I really liked about this episode was the even tho it was a monster of the week episode, they mixed in the story arch of the season with some mythology. I hate monster of the week episodes that are completely pointless for that season's story arch...they just don't feel very important, but this episode felt important even tho it was more of a monster of the week type ep.

Comment

Hi, new here, loved the Golem episode

I've been watching Supernatural since about the 2nd season.
                        I love this show, I've always been a fan of shows like Supernatural, Charmed, Dark Angel and grew up reading the Superhero comic books back in the 70's.

With that being said, I think the Golem episode was GREAT, I watched it twice, it was so interesting. I also think The Avengers was the greatest superhero movie of all time, maybe that's why I thought this episode was so cool.

So many things to say, I think the actor who played the Golem was a good fit, did you see the expression on Dean's face when the Golem stood up, the look on Sam's face when he saw that big guy come out of the woods, Sam was like oh....lol

That would be cool if they work together again in another episode.

That would have been cool if Cas was there, said something like yes, a Golem, in his analytical way, can't have everything.

All the best to everyone
                        Last edited by Sugar; 02-10-2013, 12:10 PM. Reason: no profanity please

Comment

I totally enjoyed this episode. Sam and Dean are hardcore and I loved Sam warming his hands over a burning corpse. The Golem was kinda cool, too. Also, both Sam and Dean were exceptionally yummy looking this week.
                          Last edited by Raistlin; 02-10-2013, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sotaris
                            Dude there's a very clear/obvious presentation that the bat cave is HUGE. I mean Dean being off in a steam shower in a different specific room with its own purpose. I perceived the bat cave to be massive, with dozens of sleeping quarters, a kitchen, library, armory, ancient artifacts, etc. etc.
                            Oh I got that it was a huge building. As you say, there were other rooms we didn't see. I guess I was just surprised that the 'library' was so small (unless that was just one room of books and there are others). I mean, they said they had collected many tomes and scrolls and such. I just figured the library would look more like the Library of Congress or something, I guess. But yeah, maybe more of the collection is stored in other rooms.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎