0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - Bad

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    New In Town
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSecretVampire View Post
    I dunno, I think Slade lied to Oliver about there being 2 guys with the mask. I mean, he could've been secretly seeing how Oliver handled torture and pain and then, train him as his protege.......to see if he was worthy to rule by his side. So that one day, they can rule Starling City together. More along the lines of how Slade wanted Robin to be his protege in Teen Titans.
    I guess the mask adds a foot and 40 more pounds, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by PedroMcNamara View Post
    I guess the mask adds a foot and 40 more pounds, eh?

Or maybe he was telling the truth and there are 2 Deathstrokes. It's just I think there is some lies buried along the grain of truth that Slade was telling Oliver.

[SPOILER]I do wonder though, is it possible that there are two people named Slade Wilson. Or maybe he has a brother named Wade.

I mean, Deathstroke is supposed to be a American so unless if the writers did want an Austrailian DS, is it possible that there could be two of them? One posing as an AUS Intelligence Agent and one legitimate one? Could it be that the Deathstroke that is helping Ollie and Yao Fei is actually an imposter? Could one of them be a clone? Actually, that wouldn’t work since there does seem to be a height and weight difference between the two (I know they are different actors)… So unless if it is intention to have an Australian Wilson, I’d put my money on there being two separate guys.
    [/SPOILER]

Maybe I should have named my self "the Question" instead.

At this point they don't have to be tied to DC canon...actually like if they did their own thing.

[edit] Being inspired by The DCU is one thing but being handcuffed by it is another.

Yeah, I was just wondering if they were going with that angle or not because if they were, it would open some doors but close others.

Yep. I hope they just do their own thing and be "inspired". The Question would be interesting.
    Last edited by Caught_In_The_Sun; 02-08-2013 at 12:21 PM.

Slade Wilson...does have a [SPOILER]son[/SPOILER]

Settling In
    this episode is only worth for the flashbacks and the the hood attacking Moira
    Cyrus Vanch is a weak character.

Settling In
    It's a shame Cyrus got taken down so quickly, he had potential to be sort of a Post-War Games Black Mask type figure. Curse of the business, I guess, David Anders probably either has other committments or eats up a lot of the guest star budget.

Settling In
    With the whole "2 Deathstrokes" thing, I could see TheSecretVampire turning out to be correct. On the other hand, if there are 2 Deathstrokes, then the other one could be a nobody who bites it on the island while Slade escapes himself and and occasionally shows up in Starling City in an Alex Krycek like capacity.

I think it was probably one of the best episodes we've been given this season and it ties to a lot of stories we've had since the pilot.

I think Slade was telling the truth and that there are 2 different Deathstrokes and that the second one was probably the mask we saw in the pilot.

Great episode:

I loved the interconnections of the stories. I figure Oliver was going to confront his mother as Arrow at some point so the ending was great. Lance family story is evolving and it all leading up to Laurel's mother return. Knew that Lance bugging the phone was going to blow up in his face and it was nice to see Laurel use more of her fighting skills. The Tommy/Laurel relationship being tested I love how it is being tested right now and that Tommy sees his father's side on the hood but Laurel believes in the hood because of the way he saved her. I think Laurel is getting closer to figuring out who the hood is but does she already know he is Oliver just need conformation. Loved the contrast between Oliver and his mother relationship breaking point and Laurel and her father relationship breaking point so can't wait until next week. I gave it a 9/10

New In Town
    I ain't trusting anything on the island. I see many saying two Deathstroke-like characters, which might be a nice twist, but that island is wreaking havoc on my guessing abilities. After the first few, I assumed the asian green hood would teach him to survive. Kinda like a would be Avatar (movie) where he learns to live off the land so to speak. But then there were bad guys, then the original mentor was a bad guy, but then he saved Oliver. I am just going to see how it plays out and not make anymore guesses about the island. There's too many crazy things going on there.

As for the episode, I liked it. Nice cliffhanger. I seen the whole "I am going to have to have another talk" line and was ready to grab a drink as I was excited for next week. Then, before I could move, the final scene happened. I could only say "OH SH#T! It's happening this week?". I thought I lost track of time for a second there. Next week won't be what I first imagined, but guessing I hsall like it all the same.

Excellent episode! Gave it a 10. Loved all the island stuff. I feel bad for Oliver. Everyone seems to know what's what on that island, but him. I don't get why they still keep trying to capture/or kill him on the island. They have the last prisoner don't they? Why are they still there? Was he the only one left on the island when he was rescued later?

Wasn't expecting him to go after his mother so soon. Nice surprise. I'm sure he won't feel bad, once he finds out his mother had him kidnapped and tortured after he was rescued from the island.

New In Town
    I'd hold judgement just yet on mama Queen. Moira is a part of something, but how much intent is yet to be seen. Everyone is on the kill mom thing (and even I have my own mother issues), but the evidence has yet proven such. Let me try to explain it.

She does know the gambit was sabotaged. It's never been said she sabotaged it. I mean she knows Steele has been abducted, but was that her call too? I mean if she had the boat sabotaged, why bring back evidence? Let alone bring it back and store it? There's a lot more there that we don't know.

I know our Felicity lovers are too distracted by the blonde hair and when will she appear next, but there is more going on here. Even though Malcolm Merlyn appears to be the head of this "Undertaking" or whatever, I bet we see a hint of a bigger boss at some point before the end of the season.

Has no one watched any of the police investigation dramas in the past two decades? I know she said she knew of sabotage on the boat, but never said when she found out. Maybe she found out after investigating the wreck? I do not know what's planned for the show, but raising and storing the Queen's Gambit (assuming she is as guilty as many say) is like carrying out the perfect murder and then putting the murder weapon above the fireplace. I cannot believe Arrow's writers are that oblivious. They have a story plotted out.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast