Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "As Time Goes By"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "As Time Goes By"?

Whoops, it's been a while since I made a poll so I got it a little mixed up! Please note that the worst rating is at the top and the best at the bottom (it's usually the other way around). My bad!
    1-as time drags by
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    10--Nifty!--I'd watch this time after time!
    0%

This was definitely my favorite episode of the season. It is always good when we learn more about the Winchesters and the villain was fun.
    Last edited by Dexter; 02-01-2013, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Nooo!!!!

You have the 10-1 backwards and I voted 1

Take away the 1 and give 10 an extra vote!!!!

Comment

This was a fantastic episode. I loved this new layer to the mythology of the show and the interactions with Henry were really well-done. It wasn't a surprise that he died at the end of the episode, but I was definitely sad to see him go.

It was also great to see Alaina Huffman on the show. I love her, and she did great with the role. Did anyone else think it was funny that she had a sort of Canary Cry-esque shout? Not quite on the Canary cry level, but it still made me laugh a little.

I love that we got a nice helping of Winchester family drama because that's one of the things I loved about the first few seasons-how complex the family dynamic is there and it was nice to see more of that as well as having a villain of the week that was intriguing and shedding light and adding new dimension to what we already know about.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
          You have the 10-1 backwards and I voted 1
          Sorry! Like I said in my top post, it's been a while since I've done a poll on here and I got it backwards. I would have changed it but I don't know how.

I have been seeing almost nothing but love for this episode (here and elsewhere) but I have to admit I had some problems with it (more on that in a bit).

Little Johnny Winchester! The foreshadowing of the tie-pin (I have to confess that the day of this episode I read something about the whole 'Men of Letters' thing so I knew that was coming).

I don't care if you this dude is a Winchester, you do not break Baby!

"My alpha male monkey friend".

Ruby's knife doesn't work on Abaddon? Hmmm.

Grandpa Winchester not being able to handle it and then the backstory on John's Dad was interesting but I do wish there had been some discussion of Mama Winchester. I mean, I wanted to know more about her too. Also, as some people have pointed out--in the episode "In the Beginning" when John is at the diner someone tells him "say hi to your Dad for me". Which means either John's mother got remarried or he got adopted by someone else (but kept the Winchester name?). It just left too many questions for me. A few lines could have helped out a lot. (Also, at one point John says he's a mechanic from 'a long line of mechanics'. Where did that come from if his ancestors were all 'Men of Letters'?)

So this whole Men of Letters thing. Basically we're talking a group of "Bobby's", only much higher class? And was it just that little group? Of about however many? They were all killed (except the old guy and Henry, who time traveled), right? Cause at first it seemed like they were indicating it was a bigger organization and that would create all kinds of questions and continuity probs.

The whole key to the library thing. Basically, again, it sounds very 'Bobby-ish'. Which is great, I guess, but whatever happened to all off Bobby's stuff (and the Campbell library)? Speaking of, did these Men of Letters ever work with any Campbells? Seeing as how that line of Hunters went way back and all?

Then the battle and Henry and the story comes full circle. I also loved Sam's bit about the Winchesters and the Campbells (that would have made John the brains and Mary the brawn if John had become one of the Men of Letters).

I guess I just...we've already got so many open stories (Cas, Benny, the tablets, etc.) that this feels like an unnecessary addition.

I have to admit, as well, I'm getting a little tired of time travel in the series. It's starting to feel overused.

I guess what it comes down to is while I liked the episode I wanted more. More of the Winchester family, more explanation (and maybe we'll get more in later eps.?), and more Winchester family time between the boys and their grandfather.

Comment

Uuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,

When pop pop said "You are legacies," doesn't that almost have to mean their bloodlines have angelic DNA mingled in? Their forefathers (foremothers) got with some Nephelim or another more worthy angel who was following orders to crossbreed, and they produced a bloodline of semi-divine humans for the day when Michael and Co. would need to use them as vessels, etc. (The Michael scene from "The Song Remains the Same" was quoted as part of the pre-show, when he revealed that the winchesters were his true vessels because of something in their family's blood.) So..... the hunters will probably find out about their semi-angel nature and take advantage of it to...... bust into heaven and break up whatever weird angel abuse is going down up there?

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎