No announcement yet.

Tales of the Weird and Unexplained

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tales of the Weird and Unexplained

Summary:Not all of the meteor rocks landed in Smallville.
    Writer's notes:This is what happens when your muse hasn't had enough sleep!Enjoy!

Clark Kent was the portrait of an unhappy man.

Today was the day that he had dreaded for months now.Ever since Lana showed up in his loft and told him that she and Lex were a couple now.She wanted him to hear it from her first.Clark couldn't help but notice the little twinkle in her eyes at the jolt of pain that crossed his face before he could school his reaction.She wanted to hurt him like his action had hurt her.As he mucked out the horse stall he couldn't help but think,mission accomplished.With style and gusto.And things only seemed to get worse as the days went along. Lex and Lana become the talk of the town when they finally went public with their relationship.Much to Lex's delight.Clark's hand tightened around the shovel as he thought of all the snide looks Lex would throw his way when Lana wasn't looking.His feeling of triumph clear on his face.The loud splintering of wood brought Clark out of his thoughts.He frown as he looked down at the shovel he had been holding.The shovel that was now broken in half.Clark had lost control of his strength in anger again.He sighed deeply as he brushed the wood dust from his hand.

Going up to his loft Clark dropped onto the old red couch and just stared at the barn roof.He knew that he should finish his chores but his heart just wasn't in it.As he sat there his super hearing suddenly picked up the sound of a car coming down the long drive.Looking toward the barn wall Clark's eyes suddenly flashed electric blue as he activated his X-Ray Vision.The wall seemed to dissolved under his steady gaze.And what he saw had several uncharacteristic curse words flying from his mouth.Getting up from the couch Clark made his way downstairs and out of the barn.Just in time to meet Lex's Jaguar as it rolled to a stop near the barn door.Clark had to resist the urge to fry the smug bastard on the spot.And to think there was a time that he considered him a brother.Clark's voice was cold as ice as he said,"What do you want Lex?"

"I see that we're dispencing with the pleasentries Clark,"Lex said smugly. "I just came to give you this."

A frown of confusion crossed Clark's face as Lex handed him an envelope.Clark opened it and pulled out the card.It was an invitation.An invitation to Lex and Lana's wedding.A wedding that was set to take place in two weeks time.Clark felt like his heart had been ripped from his chest but he refused to let Lex see how much pain he was feeling.The woman that he loved was marrying another man.Seeing that he didn't get the reaction that he wanted Lex said,"I didn't want you to come but Lana can be very persusive."

Clark's face had all the animation of a stone slab as he said,"What do you want from me Lex?"

All Lex's civility vanished as he invaded Clark's personal space and said,"I want you to admit that I won Clark.I want you to admit that I beat you.I beat the great Clark Kent.I took from you the one thing that you've wanted since you were five years old.Lana is mine!You lose Clark.I finally get to take something from you!"

"I wasn't aware that Lana was a prize to be won Lex,"Clark replied coolly. "All I can say is congratulations and I hope that you two will be very happy together."

Clark turned on his heels and walked back toward his house.Seeing that he wasn't getting the reaction that he had hoped for Lex changed tactics by saying,"I'll tell Chloe that you sand hello."

Clark stopped dead in his tracks as Lex's words rang through his head.Turing to face Lex again he noticed that the same damn smug grin was back on his face.Lex went in for the kill by saying,"She is Lana's Maid of Honor after all.See you at the rehersal dinner Clark."

As Clark watched Lex drive off the only thought that was cycling through out his head was the fact that Chloe knew about this.His best friend knew that the women he loved was going to marry a monster.That would explain why she had been so distant from him lately.Why she was suddenly too busy to come to the farm for their weekly movie marathon.She was apparently too busy helping Lana plan her dream wedding.Taking a look aorund to make sure that there was no one watching him Clark suddenly shot straight into the air.He had finally mastered the his gift of flight several weeks ago.And he found that he truly loved to soar through the heavens.But today all he wanted to do is escape from his problems.In less time then it take for someone to take in a breath Clark was over a thousand miles away from Kansas.His mind was a chaotic maelstrom of thoughts as he shot out over the Pacific Ocean.Water spouts flew high in his wake as he picked up speed.Turning to his right Clark noticed a pod of whales moving gracefully through the water.Something about them seemed to mesmerize him.Making him stop and just hovor there.And much to his surprise something about him mesmerized the largest of the mammoth mammials.Granted there is a better then average chance that they have never seen a human being floating ten feet over the water before.Technically a human anyway.

The lead whale passed under Clark once,like it was trying to determine that his floating wasn't a trick.It's head then broke the surface of the water.Surprisingly intelligent green eyes looked up at him.Clark could almost see the question that it was trying to convey.A slight smile crossed Clark's face as he said,"I guess you're wondering why I'm out here in the middle of nowhere huh big fella?"

The whale's head bobbed in a way that looked like a nod to the slightly troubled Kryptonian.It couldn't be could it? Clark chuckled to himself as the surrealism of the moment sunk in.He was in the middle of the Pacific talking to a whale.He trully needed therapy if he was going to aquatic mammials for advice on his non-existent love life.He was about to leave when the surrealism of the moment hit def-con five.A sudden voice in his head said,"Is the dark headed female I see in your mind your mate?"

Clark was so shocked and surprised that he lost control and tumbled into the water.The whale had spoken to him.It had somehow telepathically spoken to him.The whale waited patiently for Clark to break the surface of the water again.A few seconds later Clark broke the surface of the water.His eyes wide.Clark had seen some very strange things in his life.Growing up in the meteor capital of the world will do that.But never in his life did he think that he would run into a talking whale.Well,not exactly talking but still.

"H-How...d-did you......,"Clark sputtered. "How did you do that!?Do you have a name?"

"We have no need for names.We know who we are.Large rock fell from the sky when I was a pup,"The whale said. "Since then I have been able to touch the minds of those that dwell on the land.Only when they are near to me.Took from them their words.When you passed I felt drawn to you.But only you have been able to understand what I say."

The meteor rocks!!! So they didn't all hit Smallville.At least one hit someplace in the Pacific.Which goes without saying.Clark took a closer look at the whale that just spoke to him.And he immediately saw it.amongst the barnicles on his snout were pieces of glowing orange rock,with small flecks of green in it.When Clark got closer the minute pieces of green rock glowed brightly.It caused a slight bit of discomfort but nothing that Clark couldn't handle.Orange Meteor rock?Now that was a new one on him.Yet another thing that he would have to ask Jor-El about but now he had only one thing to say and that was,"N-No she isn't my mate.She was my girlfriend but we broke up and she feel in love with another man."

"She with other of your kind?You want your mate back,"The whale asked. "Why not take her back?"

A the whale's softly worded question Clark actually took a second to think about it.And the answer that he had come up with surprised him.He really didn't want to get Lana back.He only wanted her back because of Lex.As he floated there,surrounded by a pod of whales Clark had a major epiphany.He was more upset when Lex mentioned Chloe then he had been about anything for the last two months.Ever since Dark Thursday they have been getting closer.So much so Clark has been thinking about the line that they never crossed.And just why,realisticly why they never did.And he really never could think up a reason why they never took there relationship to the next level.At least not one that didn't sound like a total copout.Things were normal between them.Or as normal as it got between them anyway. Until Dark Thursday.He had been thinking about that kiss on and off since she laid one on him.Chloe was the only to ever make his knees go weak and his heart skip a beat.

Clark looked into the Whale's large green eyes and said,"I don't want her back.There is someone else that I care about.Someone else that I love and has loved me since we were pups.I just never took the time to see her.I was too busy wanting something I thought I wanted."

Confusion colored the Whale's words as he said,"We of the pod know who our mates are even before our births.You have known since you were a pup who your mate is.Have you not?"

A sheepish grin crossed Clark's face as he said,"No but I do now.Thank you."

Clark lifted off and disappeared over the horizan.He had a certain fair haired reporter to go see.

end
    Last edited by Djf; 08-06-2013, 07:47 AM.

Cute.

Actually, Superman and whales have something in common: They're both gentle giants.

Comment

Aw, how cute!

Well done, Danny! *hugs*

Comment

Originally posted by BabyDee
        Aw, how cute!

Well done, Danny! *hugs*

Thanks Dee!!!! When I wrote this I had to use my reams of comic book knowledge.And I was sleep deprived.Very,very sleep deprived.

Comment

A kind word of advice, young man:

You need to buy that muse a lifetime gift certificate of free coffee at Starbucks or any other local coffee place!

This was so entertaining!

You must get some toothpicks to keep the muse's eyes open to maybe come up with an epilogue of how Clark explains
          to Chloe that a whale made him understand what was going on in his head and heart!!! I'd love to read that conversation!

Loved it! Thank you for sharing!!!

Comment

Mari,I am working on it.Just have to get me Muse in the right head space.But it will come.

Comment

What a lovely encounter for Clark to have! So often he is the object of amazement and wonder, what a joy it must be for him to discover a friendship where he never could have imagined from a being he couldn't have known existed.

I also enjoyed that you tied the whales' ability to communicate back to the meteors; I miss that bit of world building from the earlier seasons of the show.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingHigh
                What a lovely encounter for Clark to have! So often he is the object of amazement and wonder, what a joy it must be for him to discover a friendship where he never could have imagined from a being he couldn't have known existed.

I also enjoyed that you tied the whales' ability to communicate back to the meteors; I miss that bit of world building from the earlier seasons of the show.

Thank you! That is just a little bit of comic book lore from back in the day when there was about eight different kinds of Kryptonite. I am very happy that you enjoyed it.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎