Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"As Time Goes By" Countdown/LIVE Discussion Thread!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I laughed so hard when he said The Mayans quote.

Such an amazing episode. I loved how it really referenced the past eps like with Cupid. So cool and I want to know what location the guy wrote down!
    Last edited by Austin 3:16; 01-30-2013, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Anyone also consider that the "key" could open Lucifer's cage? Seemed like it crossed Sam's mind based on his facial expressions. It's a pretty good reason for Abbadon having wanted it.

Comment

Based on his facial expression? Didn't get a hint of Sam thinking about opening Lucifer's cage.

And anyone else happy that they gave Ruby's knife a better origin than it belonging to Samuel Colt? A demon-killing knife from the Kurds sounds way more epic and it doesn't make Samuel Colt this guy that created the biggest weapons in the Winchesters' arsenal.

The only negative I can think about the episode is the possible continuity issue of John not having a father but supposedly having a father in "In the Beginning", but his mom could've definitely re-married and that's why John got into a family of mechanics since Henry and Henry's father were obviously not mechanics, haha.

And Abaddon! She was a boss. A Knight of Hell...hope we see more of these unless the archangels really did kill 99% of them.

Comment

From Sam’s expression, I figured the key could somehow unlock the secrets onthe tablets. I have a feeling this key will have some connection to the tablets in some way.

Comment

I need to get back to posting on this site....

Anyway! Really enjoyed this episode. Was wondering how they where going to have John's dad deal with the supernatural. Only thing I wished, unless I just missed it, was that they explain the Men of Letters or Legacy or whatever it was called.

Comment

Hebrew historical reference time: In the hebrew bible Abaddon used the key to let Lucifer out of his cage. All man on earth was suffering the wrath of what Abaddon brought upon them. In the end only two witnesses were left that had been touched by god and they defeated Lucifer and Abaddon....Oh and btw, I think we will see Abaddon again later on. Too good a demon to be a MOTW
              Last edited by GrizzlyAdams; 01-31-2013, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Anybody else do a double-take when that guy with the cowl came out of that room in the past? Looked an awful lot like Crowley ....

So.......the key to Lucifer's cage eh? Wow, that would be awesome.....

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSheltie
                  Anybody else do a double-take when that guy with the cowl came out of that room in the past? Looked an awful lot like Crowley ....

So.......the key to Lucifer's cage eh? Wow, that would be awesome.....
                  Yea, I rewinded the DVR for a second look. I quadruple like your statement

Comment

Originally posted by Kaleltheking
                    I need to get back to posting on this site....

Anyway! Really enjoyed this episode. Was wondering how they where going to have John's dad deal with the supernatural. Only thing I wished, unless I just missed it, was that they explain the Men of Letters or Legacy or whatever it was called.
                    Men of Letters is just a name used to describe an intellectual in Western cultures; so basically it's just an intellectual person, or in this case, a group of intellectuals, but what makes Men of Letters so interesting in Supernatural is the symbol they use, the Aquarius star, which could be a nod to to New Age movement that started prominently in the 1960s who believed an Age of Aquarius would happen in the 22nd century(I think) which was about a spiritual movement, and it's kinda cool since SPN's Men of Letters found out about everything supernatural and if needed, they shared it with hunters. Really brilliant idea from the writers. Top notch stuff, imo.

Originally posted by GrizzlyAdams
                    Hebrew historical reference time: In the hebrew bible Abaddon used the key to let Lucifer out of his cage. All man on earth was suffering the wrath of what Abaddon brought upon them. In the end only two witnesses were left that had been touched by god and they defeated Lucifer and Abaddon....Oh and btw, I think we will see Abaddon again later on. Too good a demon to be a MOTW
                    If anything, I think Abaddon would have an idea to open Lucifer's cage with the key. Probably the only demon that still believed in Lucifer back then besides Azazel. In fact...that Larry guy last night did say Abaddon was a "hired gun"...I wonder if Azazel hired her?

Originally posted by SuperSheltie
                    Someone looked like Crowley?

Comment

I was thinkin the same thing about Azazel being the one who hired her...At the beginning of the episode where Henry is going to get promoted, coming out of the corner room with the cowl

Comment

after watching this episode I was like: "What's wrong with Dean?":S

Comment

What do you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
                            What do you mean?
                            He was being a "dick" towards Henry through all the episode even knowing that in some point that he never meant to leave John.

Comment

Dean didn't like the idea of Henry choosing some cult over staying with John, which is understandable. And THEN Henry tries to go back in time which could mean that Sam and Dean may never exist at all, which is, again, understandable for Dean to pull a "dick" move and put him to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
                                Dean didn't like the idea of Henry choosing some cult over staying with John, which is understandable. And THEN Henry tries to go back in time which could mean that Sam and Dean may never exist at all, which is, again, understandable for Dean to pull a "dick" move and put him to sleep.
                                I remember in season 5 that Dean and Sam had no problem at all if they were never to exist.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎