No announcement yet.

HEX and ETERNAL Official Re-Watch Thread, February 1st, 2013

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DJ Doena
    I agree with RWC. Lexana was tiresome, especially the second half where Lana finds herself on the victim's side once again.

But I hate these kind of "prophecy" arcs because they are rarely well exectuted (Buffy's Prophecy Girl was a nice twist on the subject).

I never really liked the cave wall predictions but could largely ignore them. But then came the Traveler arc and now this "destined to kill each other" BS.

It doesn't even make sense within the given story. Zod apparantly created Doomsday to wipe out the Earth so he could have it for himself. Why would Zod want an empty planet with no one to rule over? Where's the fun in that? But even if he did, how could he have possibly known that Jor-El was going to send his son to Earth upon Krypton's destruction? Zod and faora were already banished to the PZ then. Who did attach the DNA matter to the ship?

And how could the orb that contains the Kandorians possibly be linked to Doomsday? The show very clearly states that the orb can only be opened after "the Traveler kills the Beast".
    Heh...actually, you do disagree with me I meant I didn't mind the Clark/Lana/Lex triangle all that much, some of it was written pretty well (not the writer's best work, but not the worst). It was the Doomsday storyline, particulary the portion involving Chloe's not even trying to find an alternative to Davis' condition other than running off with him.

Excellent pic, btw!

Comment

• Yes, I do agree with you. Lexana was tiresome at times but at least somewhat plausible. Lex shared with her in S5 and Chlark apparantly failed to inform Lana of Lex's wrongdoings (did she ever learn that Lex was behind Victor's implants?)

Prophecy arcs that make no sense on the other hand. Loathe them.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ Doena
        Yes, I do agree with you. Lexana was tiresome at times but at least somewhat plausible.
        While it was plausible, once Clark was thrown into the equation it sucked. Doing a comparing of the 2 arcs Clexana triangle and Chloe/Davis here is my take.

The main problem with Clexana is while Lexana was ok in itself, once Clark got anyway involved in the storyline it dragged down the show/episode. To many episodes from the second half of S5 to S6 were dragged down by Clark being miserable or whining how his life sucks without Lana. There was many episodes during this period of time that I think had good a-plotlines but the second you through Clexana drama into the equation it knocked it down a couple notches. Sure the Clexana stuff only took up 5-10 minutes of any given episode but it was enough to leave you feeling all to often something was just off about any particular episode.

I always look at the episode Combat as the perfect example of my problem with Clexana. In terms of Clark the middle portion of the episode was great but the opening and closing scenes with Clark were terrible, leaving me with a not completely satisfied about the episode. Now if the episode was more standalone I think I would have enjoyed it more. So instead of saying Combat is a 10 out of 10, I rate it 7.5

On the flip side the Chloe/Davis plotline was bad as well but comparing it to Clexana, it seems Clark was more removed from it so while the drama of Chlavis which is good. Not sure to label this a good or bad thing but with Chlavis, but episodes that focused on Chlavis seemed to go all out giving it focus which created some very bad episodes, but on the positive side, when it wasn't a focus it seemed like the show kept all the Chlavis drama out of the equation so so you don't get that problem like S5/6 where you have episodes with good premises but getting dragged down by bad scenes either to open or end an episode(Hex is a perfect example of an entertaining episode that was right smack dab in the middle of the Chlavis plotline, but since Chlavis was for the most part ignored it didn't drag down the episode with it)..

In general while Season 8 had more episodes in my worst 25 episode list then Season 6, Season 8 also has more episodes in my top 50 due to the fact it concentrated all it's stuff I liked or disliked in specific episodes, making it easier to enjoy the stuff I do like.

Originally posted by DJ Doena
        Prophecy arcs that make no sense on the other hand. Loathe them.
        I will agree with this, the show wasn't that good at handling prophecy arcs. I think it was the combination of terrible payoffs and bad retconning that made them not so great
        Last edited by Supsfan; 02-03-2013, 11:19 PM.

Comment

• It doesn't even make sense within the given story. Zod apparantly created Doomsday to wipe out the Earth so he could have it for himself. Why would Zod want an empty planet with no one to rule over? Where's the fun in that? But even if he did, how could he have possibly known that Jor-El was going to send his son to Earth upon Krypton's destruction? Zod and faora were already banished to the PZ then. Who did attach the DNA matter to the ship?

And how could the orb that contains the Kandorians possibly be linked to Doomsday? The show very clearly states that the orb can only be opened after "the Traveler kills the Beast".
          I have asked those very questions many times myself! I don't think even the writers could answer them.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎