Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"In The Name Of The Brother" Countdown/LIVE Discussion Thread!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luckysas78
    Did Emma lose her 'Superpower?' She should have seen the outsider was lying! I really hope Regina is playing her mother, otherwise she has not learned from her mistakes in 28 years
    Emma tells Henry that her ability to tell if someone is lying is a "superpower" but it really isn't. It is more about her ability to use her keen observational skills to tell if someone is lying. If she lets her guard down and isn't paying attention to the signs that someone is lying, she will miss them. In this situation, with the outsider, I think she so desperately wanted to believe he didn't see anything that she didn't pay attention to the signs he was lying.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
      What does the globe do?
      It was able to show the general location of Rumple's son, and now he's taking his bounty hunter to find him.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyGal
        Emma tells Henry that her ability to tell if someone is lying is a "superpower" but it really isn't. It is more about her ability to use her keen observational skills to tell if someone is lying. If she lets her guard down and isn't paying attention to the signs that someone is lying, she will miss them. In this situation, with the outsider, I think she so desperately wanted to believe he didn't see anything that she didn't pay attention to the signs he was lying.
        I know Emma is just saying it's a superpower. She has not been wrong thus far. Maybe you're right and she is letting her guard down. Another possibility is that she knows, but does not tell the others. We will have to wait and see.

Comment

Luckysas78, if I remember correctly, last season, didn't Sidney Glass lie to Emma and she trusted him? For me, I felt she may have been skeptical of the outsider but she wanted to believe him so she did. But, like you said, we will have to wait and see if that is the case or not.

Comment

SteelyGal Good one, forgot about Sidney. Unfortunately we have to wait 3 weeks

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyGal
              Luckysas78, if I remember correctly, last season, didn't Sidney Glass lie to Emma and she trusted him? For me, I felt she may have been skeptical of the outsider but she wanted to believe him so she did. But, like you said, we will have to wait and see if that is the case or not.
              Yeah, I think people are forgetting this too easily. The only reason she knew Glass was lying was by accident, by knocking the flowers down and finding the bug that he'd put in them.

I think it goes by emotions as well as expressions. But looking back on this episode now, the way he looked at her when he said he was texting looked as if he had just suddenly come across that thought out of thin air. So my guess is that she was more worried about making sure everything was normal (listening to her talk, she was really quickly trying to change words so that it sounded right) that it took attention away from her "superpower" to where he was able to fool her.

Originally posted by superhippie2000
              bae in Virgina?
              Actually, despite them being a little off, I have a funny feeling that they were attempting to tell us that he was in Manhattan...EXACTLY where the Neal-centric episode for 14 is taking place.
              Last edited by Leonatus; 01-21-2013, 12:03 PM.

Comment

I actually think that Emma knew the guy was lying, but is keeping it to herself. If people knew that the guy saw something, well, they might want to kill him.

I want to know, what was with the kiss between Cora and Rumple? Rumple sure had an odd look on his face afterwards. And when Rumple came to get Emma, he was far more aggressive than usual - ????
                Last edited by spotteddog; 01-21-2013, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Viktor's brother took a single gut shot. Why all the stiches all over him???

On OUAT, Frankenstein's helper's name was Igor...........In the 1931 film Frankenstein, tha helpers name was Fritz.

Comment

Originally posted by jpfort1957
                    Viktor's brother took a single gut shot. Why all the stiches all over him???

On OUAT, Frankenstein's helper's name was Igor...........In the 1931 film Frankenstein, tha helpers name was Fritz.
                    Because Frankenstein cut in to get to his heart, failed since the experiment charred his brother's heart, cut back into it to take the charred heart out, and then probably had to make some alterations for the new FTL heart.

My only question is...whose heart was it?

Also: In other some adaptions of Frankenstein, the assistant was named Igor. No idea why it suddenly shifted to that in the later movies, but pretty much anyone who is asked about Frankenstein's assistant is going to think of the name "Igor" before they think of "Fritz".
                    Last edited by Leonatus; 01-25-2013, 07:55 AM.

Comment

• Yeah, Fritz wasn't the assistant - Fritz was the cat !!

Comment

• Originally posted by spotteddog
                        Yeah, Fritz wasn't the assistant - Fritz was the cat !!
                        No. His point about Fritz being the assistant was accurate, at least for the 1931 movie, which is the most known in the Frankenstein culture, in most contexts anyways (outside of the book of course).

Fritz was an original character for the 1931 movie, though. He's never mentioned in the book at all if I remember correctly.

But as I said, at some point Igor, a character who wasn't introduced until the Ghost of Frankenstein (and was a completely different character...spelt Ygor), ended up replacing Fritz as the idea of Frankenstein's assistant since people seemed to love his insane behavior (though unlike the later interpretations of Igor, he wasn't even a hunchback).

Comment

• Once Upon a Time: Season 2, Episode 12

is My Favorite In Tv Serials . In this TV Show Jennifer Morrison is Looking Very Hot , Every People Are Like TO See All Episode this TV Show......????

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎