No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Burned?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a great episode.
    Everybody has some weekness and the writers put the plot well together in this episode.
    they way the Ollie's current connec to the story back to island was awesome, I am more than satisfied with this part of Story. And diggle, oh my god. He is getting better in mentoring Ollie, And his part of story is now making more sense than at the begining.

Thea is amazing, i like the way she goes upon people and tell them what they should be doing and make them relalize what they are missing. Poor thing, She didn't get Tommy as she wanted. And speaking of witch. Tommy is and Laurel ,How long this will go now.. I am bored. Laurel ..plese dump him!!

Although i liked the fireman little firefly's vengaance but the fight between him and Arrow at the accident was bit bizzare, it was total fault. Otherwise, the entire has been fun and I didn't relaize how was my hour passed by...

I hope now there won't so many break up's until the end of the season.

Comment

oh and my rating is 9 points!!!

Comment

This ep. gets a solid 8.

I also liked Thea and Moira's scene. They're finally giving Thea's character more development, more than just as a whiny schoolgirl. It's also great to see Firefly make an appearance.

Comment

Not at all what I expected of firefly nevertheless an interesting take. Like how, many of the characters developed in this episode.

Comment

How did Laurel not recognize Oliver? She could clearly see the lower part of his face during their private close and personal conversation. Arrow had the exact same jawline/chin/mouth and even facial hair that Oliver was sporting when the two had conversations with each other in the episode. Same height/build and other facial features aren't enough for Laurel to clue in even after the spotlight was shone on Oliver as an Arrow suspect? (Sure Lois Lane was dumber, but at least with the movies, nobody ever really suspected Clark or ever imagined he could be Superman, so people weren't looking for connections there -- but on this show Oliver was a prime suspect.)

And I still can't believe how dumb Det. Lance is, he clearly completely bought the doppelganger ruse from earlier in the season. What makes it really dumb is that we had an episode not long after the ruse where we saw that Lance managed to bug a criminal and then heard the criminal's private conversations, and yet Lance never tried something similar on Oliver? Nobody in the world, be it law enforcement, criminals, or people close to Oliver really did much of anything in terms of properly tracking Oliver's activities. How nice for Oliver that everyone everywhere is so clueless and easily manipulated.

Lance's ineptitude as a "detective" was further exacerbated this episode when at the end he figured out that Arrow apparently CARES for his daughter Laurel and is constantly protecting her. This implies a possible pre-existing personal connection, gee Detective do you suppose there's anyone you know who might know and care about Laurel already and that you already suspected could be the Hood at one time?

The other REALLY dumb thing that bugged me this episode was when Oliver ran off so he could go get into disguise. SO, SO stupid. Lol he was assuming he had enough time to do all that? He could and should have taken the bad guy down with his fighting skills right then and there, even if it meant risking exposing himself. I mean Superman doing a quick-change into costume is one thing, he's got super-speed and all, but Oliver doing the same in the heat of battle? All kinds of dumb my friends. (Did Oliver know the bad guy was going to take his sweet time and enter into a long monologue with his final victim before actually doing anything? lol)
            Last edited by Xanderman; 01-20-2013, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Pretty good episode. Gave it a 6. Wasn't a fan of the villain of the episode. Thought that storyline was a bit weak.

Comment

First, Yes Arrows back!

Secondly, the flashback to Arrows beat down by Dark Archer, I actually forgot how badly he got beaten up, wow.

Thirdly, on with the episode: Oliver's confidence was down and for good reason, it was nice to see that, shows often skip over and ignore stuff but here they won't for it full throttle his confidence was really low. It was nice to see they went this route with him questioning himself rather than him not wanting to be the hero for selfish reasons.

Island flashbacks, oh yes, god I missed this show and these awesome flashbacks. Always nice to see Deathstroke. The parallels of a low on confidence Oliver and a shall we say rookie Oliver on the island was really well done.

Firefly, I love to see comic villains brought to life and we know that on this show we get grounded versions. I was not disappointed with Firefly. I felt they really did a well grounded version of his character and it they did him justice. I just wish they hadn't killed him off at the end.

Does Laurel suspect Oliver is Arrow? The way she looked at him when he confronted that firefighter, hmmm. I also have a feeling when she does find out it'll have something to do with that firefighters badge.

All in all a great episode to return on, it had repercussions from the previous episode that it delivered on and a great introduction to another DC Comics character, but it loses a point for been flat on action so 9/10.

Comment

Slick episode. This show and Amell's acting keep getting better. I can see this show getting a decent run of seasons.

Comment

Enjoyed the episode a lot. Ollie's state of mind was displayed well by first missing the tennis ball and then hitting the lighter. The island stuff was brief but good. More pieces of the puzzle, how Ollie became who he is today, fell into place.

I wish Thea had more to actually do in the episodes. She feels so underutilized.

Tommy's scenes didn't do much but they did give us a good excuse to have the final showdown. And to have Laurel looking smokin' hot in that dress.

And speaking of Laurel, I found her much more tolerable than in the past episodes. She behaved smartly with the phone and she was quick to realize what Ollie was talking about in the party. I hope this keeps up because I really want to like the character. The more future Black Canary awesomeness we get the better. Her dad was as good as always and found a neat, drama-fused way to find out the Hood's real identity. Can't wait.

Firefly was neatly done. I really liked this version, the make-up, the acting, everything. The motive was too predictable though.

Comment

I'm glad that they keep showing those flashbacks from the island, so we'd get a sense of what drives him and how he developed over that time.

I think Thea's scene with Moira is a sign (hopefully) that her character will be fleshed out more this season. Tommy didn't have much this ep., but I'm hoping that when he and Ollie face-off in the end it will be due to more than just winning Laurel's heart. I don't think it'll come to that -- but you never know ...

Merlyn: "We could have had a friendship the stuff of legends -- but Laurel loves you more, Ollie! We're done!" (Please, no.)

Ollie's escape to change did seem a bit funny, looking back. "Building's burning. Laurel and Tommy? And the others? Ah, they can look out for themselves while I quickly get my gear." I get that he needs a disguise, etc. and to have a face-off against Firefly we want to see the Green Arrow. But considering the eventual face-off was Firefly walking off into the firelight (to rise again in some future ep.), Ollie could have been the hero just as Ollie in this ep.

Firefly's appearance was good, though I'd have to agree that his revenge motive was somewhat predictable. (And actually, he chose to stay in the building when his firefighter ex-pal was saying they needed to get the hell out. Maybe he needs to take revenge on his own stubbornness first.) And his "final battle" was anything but riveting. I'm guessing we -- and Ollie -- won't see the last of him.

Comment

I watched the first 5 episodes and thought it looked good, so I bought the first season
                        on Black Friday. I watch another 5 episodes and I am quickly losing interest. This thing
                        is starting to look more and more like "Smallville" of the later years. I've already noticed
                        Stock Footage and cheap, rediculous storylines.

Comment

Seriously? Can't believe you think that! The storylines are compelling and the action real and much better than anything else on TV (AGENTS OF SHEILD). It gets better as the season goes on and Oliver gets his two sidekicks helping him.

Comment

I enjoyed it but I did think Oliver looked under the weather or something. Moira staying silent about Malcolm being alive destroys any sympathy I have for her, but I do like how she got him back in the end. Oliver shooting Roy was uncalled for and childish. I didn't get why Diggle had to knock Barry out to take him to Oliver if he was planning on revealing all. That seemed a bit ridiculous. As was the guy driving with a black mask! LOL! Felicity looked fabulous. She and Barry were very sweet. Sad that there was no Olicity moments at all. Also annoyed that Oliver seems to continue to fall for pretty faces so easily. Moira could tell right away that the new partner is up to no good. Looking forward to next week's episode.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎