No announcement yet.

Dukes Of Hazzard References

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dukes Of Hazzard References

I just watched the Dukes of Hazzard Christmas episode "The Great Santa Claus Chase," which got me in the mood to pop in "Exposed" for the first time in a few years.

I caught a lot of the Dukes of Hazzard references the first time around, including these:

Jennings - Named for Waylon Jennings, the Balladeer who narrated every Dukes episode
    1969 Dodge Charger - like the General Lee. Complete with doors that don't open
    Chickasaw County - the county next to Hazzard

But today I caught one I never noticed before!

After "Amber Waves" is on stage, the dancer after Lois is... "Dixie!" Dixie was what they called Daisy Duke's car. Haha. All in all, a fun rewatch.

Lex refers to Jack as Jonathan's "good ol' boy" which is a reference to the Dukes' theme song.

This could be a stretch, but:

Clark: Have you talked to my dad yet?

Jack: I'd say he did most of the talking. After 20 years, the man's still got a Hell of a knack for the guilt trip, doesn't he?

Clark: Usually works 'cause he's right.
    The last episode of the Dukes aired in 1985. Exposed was aired in 2005.

Comment

I meant to include the "good ole boy" bit.

They also made a reference to "25 years ago," which would have been when the Dukes was at the height of its popularity.

When I wrote the Season 5 companion book, I threw in some more Dukes references to the news article.... I should find that and post them here. And of course, BB Davenport's which started on the Smallville Ledger site and eventually was mentioned on the air in "Jinx" was a Dukes reference, though we didn't hear it in the episode.

Comment

Not in this episode, but let's not forget the Dukes theme song in the season one episode Nicodemus.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎