Collapse
No announcement yet.

IDENTITY and BLOODLINE Official Re-Watch Thread, December 21st, 2012

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See y'all on the 4th then. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Comment

• Yeah, Merry Christmas to y'all from me, too.

And if you're not a Christian (like my behind-the-Berlin-wall-communism-raised self ) I still wish you a few nice and hopefully quiet holidays.

Comment

• BTW: If you look at it from a cause-and-effect point of view, Doomsday is still Lana's fault.

If she hadn't killed Genevieve with the stone, Brainiac would not have come to Earth, would not have released Zod, which then led to the release of phantoms and the creation of Bizarro and Brainiac wouldn't have taken over Chloe which then leads to the chrysalis in the fortress in Legion.

Comment

• Merry Christmas!

S8 continues with two more great episodes!

Originally posted by RightWingConspirator
          I think dropping Kara from the show was a mistake.
          Apparentaly the showrunners did it so Clark wouldn't lose the spotlight. But in all honesty it's the writers/producers fault. They wrote themselves in the corner by making Clark so passive and weak whereas Kara fitted in the world well and was strong both mentally and physically.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ Doena
            BTW: If you look at it from a cause-and-effect point of view, Doomsday is still Lana's fault.

If she hadn't killed Genevieve with the stone, Brainiac would not have come to Earth, would not have released Zod, which then led to the release of phantoms and the creation of Bizarro and Brainiac wouldn't have taken over Chloe which then leads to the chrysalis in the fortress in Legion.
            You'll have to refresh my memory...as I recall, Brainiac came to earth--in the black ship--to release Zod. Completly seperate--as I recall-from Lana killing Genevieve. Also, it wasn't Lana who killed her; it was the Countess witch possessing Lana.

Comment

• Originally posted by jon-el87
              Genevieve was stabbed to death with the stone, in Lana's possession, which is what summoned Brainiac to Earth (causing a second meteor shower). Genevieve's death had a massive domino effect. The two Kryptonians that was with Brainiac, killed a bunch of cops. Which forced Clark to stop them, staying away from the Fortress so long, that he lost his powers (and was later killed, but brought back at a price: goodbye Jonathan Kent). Brainiac's presence on Earth, lead Clark to releasing Zod, while getting stuck in the Zone himself (and then released several murderous aliens (Bizarro alone killed at least 365 people, before cloning Clark)).

So, if Lana hadn't had the stone, the Countess would've used something else to kill Genevieve and Brainiac wouldn't have been summoned.
              I thought the second meteor shower was seperate from the death of Genevieve, and seperate from the stone. Might have to rewatch that again when I get the chance.

Comment

•  
                Originally Posted by RightWingConspirator

I think dropping Kara from the show was a mistake.

Originally posted by jon-el87
                I disagree. Their mistake was introducing her in the first place. The writers had no idea what to do with her. Let's sum up her in season 7: enters a beauty pagent, takes off, comes back, teleported (with amnesia) to Detroit (and is gone for a few episodes), comes back, gets her powers and memories back (then leaves in the next episode, with Brainiac), is gone and then comes back for one episode (after that, it's Brainiac posing as her, for the season finale).

Does she make a life for herself on Earth? Not really. Does she make her own friends? No, she just hangs out with Clark's friends. Does she encounter future Supergirl villains? No.
                I sort of agree with this. I don't think bringing her into the mix was a bad idea. I think she was poorly served once she got here. She went from someone who had no use for humans to a protector pretty fast. I thought most of the eps she was in were fine, but needed more polishing.

Comment

• Originally posted by RightWingConspirator
                  I thought the second meteor shower was seperate from the death of Genevieve, and seperate from the stone. Might have to rewatch that again when I get the chance.
                  Jor-El tells Clark that "human blood has stained one of the elements awakened a great (grave?) danger from the darkness of space".

Comment

• I'm late: but here are the banners anyway!

Comment

BTW: If you look at it from a cause-and-effect point of view, Doomsday is still Lana's fault.

Hehe.

It is actually all Clark's fault. If he had told Lex that he didn't have the stone Lex would not have stopped searching for it and reasoned that Jason must have taken it (as he was there before Lex and had seconds to hide it) and that Jason hid it in the Talon. So, it is ALL Clark's fault.

Comment

Jor-El tells Clark that "human blood has stained one of the elements awakened a great (grave?) danger from the darkness of space".
                        I remember that. Going off topic for a moment, a couple lines addressing that from Zod's two disciples in the first ep of the following season would have been nice.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎