View Poll Results: What did you think?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - This episode did not fail this city!

20 54.05%

12 32.43%

3 8.11%

2 5.41%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - The writers should be put on the List.

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    You know... since Felicity is smart enough to realize Oliver is probably the Hood and that he's targetting the list, and Walter didn't call her back, she's probably going to tell Oliver she knows about everything.

I don't want it to be forced on Oliver's end...I want Felicity to come to him...and yes this is how I want it to play out dash142. I do not want Ollie coming to her with this scenario.

New In Town
    Another great episode. I'm loving Felicity, as everyone is. She's the Chloe of Arrow. Great fight scenes. I wasn't expecting Deathstroke in this episode. Also showing that good guys could lose the fight too. Poor Oliver all those arrows in the back.

Oh I can't wait till Jan. I wanna see Dark Archer and Green Arrow duke it out again. I don't think they'll let us down.

Loved Barrowman playing the heavy, The Dark Archer, and referring to The Hood as Green Arrow. Priceless.
    Love everyone except Laurel. I hope she morphs into Black Canary sooner than later.
    Jim

When I heard Moira's and Barrowman's character's talk after he obducted Walter the talk they were having sounded a lot like somtehing the older characters on Heroes Season 1 would have. Grand plan for the city and all that.

9 from me!!
    I enjoyed the episode, It was the whole action package.
    but whats with the Malcom Meryln being the Dark Archer? this is so not cool and how come our super hero get mocked by him? Hello, Our superhero may not super human but didn't he had super training by Island for like 5 years? And how the hell meryln is so good with archery? Ollie practices archering everyday and still not best, this epiosode got me down on this point. I would have been more happier of Dark archer is someone else but not Meryln.

And seriously, Tommy and Laurel thing is now boring. It's high time Laurel need to get another one soon..
    And Thea, Can't believe she is such spoil brat... she gives too much credit for herself, she thinks she has all the problems in the world but check out the Moria's life and Ollie's life.. Huh. i am getting pretty annoyed by this character.

And diggle did best as always do in the episodes, i really like him being the side of ollie, He was truly there when Arrow needed him, Kudos to Diggle!!

and last, Poor Walton. He got mocked He should have stayed away from the bad guys. I feel sorry for him. He geniunely cared for the Quee's family

Quote Originally Posted by Munnag View Post
    9 from me!!
    I enjoyed the episode, It was the whole action package.
    but whats with the Malcom Meryln being the Dark Archer? this is so not cool and how come our super hero get mocked by him? Hello, Our superhero may not super human but didn't he had super training by Island for like 5 years? And how the hell meryln is so good with archery? Ollie practices archering everyday and still not best, this epiosode got me down on this point. I would have been more happier of Dark archer is someone else but not Meryln.

And seriously, Tommy and Laurel thing is now boring. It's high time Laurel need to get another one soon..
    And Thea, Can't believe she is such spoil brat... she gives too much credit for herself, she thinks she has all the problems in the world but check out the Moria's life and Ollie's life.. Huh. i am getting pretty annoyed by this character.

And diggle did best as always do in the episodes, i really like him being the side of ollie, He was truly there when Arrow needed him, Kudos to Diggle!!

and last, Poor Walton. He got mocked He should have stayed away from the bad guys. I feel sorry for him. He geniunely cared for the Quee's family
    I agree with a lot of this! But I think it was nice that the dark archer was Merlyn. Just someone I never thought would be the dark archer and will create good drama in the future! It was weird that the dark archer took down Ollie pretty easily. I guess he had a lot more training than Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Anu View Post
    I agree with a lot of this! But I think it was nice that the dark archer was Merlyn. Just someone I never thought would be the dark archer and will create good drama in the future! It was weird that the dark archer took down Ollie pretty easily. I guess he had a lot more training than Oliver.
    I enjoy twists too and it was good twist.. I was like.. What the Fudge.. Meryln is the dark archer? I had to adjust my position for a bit..
    but again, he poked our hero , Green Arrow. That is not cool!!!! no body touches the hottest geen arrow

Another 10 for me and a lot of things came to light in the midseason finally:

Saw more of Malcolm motives and he is the Dark Archer. Now I wonder if it turns out he is the head of this organization that he keeps mentioning or it is someone else calling the shots and he is a pawn. What is this organization that has plans for the city? I wonder if Yeo Fei Oliver's buddy is alive and if he is working with Malcolm or if he will come in as an ally to Oliver. It would be nice to see him out of the flashbacks.

Nice keeping Laurel and Tommy away from Oliver with minimal contact to keep the piece. So we also find out that Laurel spends time with her father at Christmas. Also it looks like Detective Lance may be softening up to the hood and he helping the hood which is Oliver inderectly. I am also glad he saw the work of the copycat. As for more of Laurel's family we will find out more when it comes to the comics. Things are shaping up.

Dark Archer and Green Arrow (the hood) scenes were great and I think Malcolm might have figured or has suspicion that Oliver is the hood. I like how it set up his possible new monicker with Malcolm mentioning he should call him Green Arrow and Oliver reaction was great to lame. Then him as Dark Archer mentioning that the list was complied not put together by his father.

Moira and Malcolm relationship and how far they go back. It looks like they have been friends since they were kids but Moira says she doesn't trust him but still has contact with him so in someway she does trust him or she is being blackmailed by the organization. There is the fact she had her husband killed and Oliver kidnapped and tortured. I think those two know more of what happened on the island than they are letting on. Since Moira had her first husbands killed and she is afraid that Walter might have that fate if she is not careful. Walter seems not to trust Moira completely either so he is digging which gets him into the situation.

More of Felicity's character is showing as the story progresses. I love how she is aware of the list and makes the connection to the hood targeting the list. I think we will find more of ally in the future as things progress. It is interesting that she is Jewish and Oliver seemed a little shocked when she said it but still wished her happy hanuka (excuse my spelling) but it is interesting.

So great set up to January 16 new episode.

New In Town
    If Oliver is smart, he'll have Diggle make a few 'Hood' appearances while he is recuperating: Det. Lance still suspects him and no Hood while Oliver is laid up adds more circumstantial evidence; Merlyn Sr. is pretty sharp - in addition to the previous circumstantial evidence (from the arrest episode) he'll see that his beating on the Hood coincides with Oliver's "motorcycle crash"; Felicity must be getting onto something too - I picked out Frank Bertinelli from the list of names on her computer when Oliver inquired about the arrow.

Question: Moira and Malcolm talk about Robert being murdered. I thought the yacht just went down in a big storm. Had they plotted sabotage and expected it to sink? Did I miss something there?

Settling In
    Cookiemonster, ya u missed it
    they plotted a sabotage and hoping Robert will sink with it.

I do think there's a Bigger Bad than Malcolm. Will be interesting to see what DC Green Arrow villain they have in mind...
    Jim

String Bikini Theory BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow's Avatar
    Uncanny X-Valley, Avengers World, Year 2099
    The Dark Archer was badass and a clear threat to the hero, loved it. The fight scene with Ollie was great and him having arrows sticking from his back felt brutal.

I liked how Oliver tried to lighten the mood with celebrating Christmas. Made sense since he was all about the parties. The way different family members bounced off each other as a result was good.

Tommy and Laurel seemed to be the weakest link. I'm not sure if these two characters really belong in the show. It's like we have this serious crime/vigilante show with some family drama...but the romantical relationship aspect of the show is like from some soap opera. It's jarring. The second detective Lance exited the picture and Tommy steps in it's Dullsville.

Also, this show is really ticking off things from the list that is consisted of things Nolan did in his Batman movies:
    1) At a table conversation someone asks the protagonist what he thinks of the hero. The hero has a witty line.
    2) The hero and his servant stare at a television while a kidnapped person talks to the camera and reads off from a note. This is actually a combination of two identical scenes in TDK and it even adds the "reveal your secret or people will die" aspect.
    3) The hero is wounded, staggers in alleys, is laying down while calling for help via a communicator.

The resemblances, the way they're shot...it's uncanny. Homages are fine but this is pushing it.

Well, if they are paying respect to the Batman series (which I think they are), then I am all for it.
    They always wanted Arrow to be like Batman, a man without super-powers, but possessing exceptional skills.
    Plus I really don't think there's anything original anymore these days- especially in the superhero world.
    I see a lot of The Amazing Spiderman with Detective Lance & his daughter Laurel. And my guess is the good ol' Detective might deduce Oliver is The Hood before the Season ends...

String Bikini Theory BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow's Avatar
    Uncanny X-Valley, Avengers World, Year 2099
    Taking influences is fine by me. I like the believable depiction of Arrow's world, it's the current trend in superheroes.

However, copying scenes exactly like they are in other media is where I draw the line. It comes off as plagiarism.

The parallels with TASM aren't the same until we have Arrow sitting down in a circle of cops and detective Lance drops his hood. Or if he dies as a result of a battle and makes Arrow promise he will stay away from her daughter. That's what Arrow did with these scenes that are taken ALMOST EXACTLY like they were in Nolan's Batman movies.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast