#5.10 "The Kindness of Strangers"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #5.10 "The Kindness of Strangers"

Episode Description:

Morgana leads a terrifying manhunt in pursuit of her old foe Alator of the Catha, for she knows without doubt that he can tell her exactly where to find Emrys. Merlin's life has never been in more danger, so when the mysterious Finna offers to help him, is he right to trust her? Or will he find himself cornered with nowhere to run?

Pretty much a filler to what is to come...

next weeks is what I expected earlier, the real Mordreeeeed coming out, it is clear he needed something to fulfil his destiny of killing and it looks like he has it

Comment

Yeah, the only important aspect of this episode was the cliff-hanger at the end.

Mordred's role in Arthur's destruction doesn't exactly fit how I thought it would all go down. Mordred didn't turn out to be this big bad monster that they seemed to portray with the younger version from seasons past. Seeing the preview from next episode, I felt a sense of deja vu...it's almost similar to what happened to Gwen when Uther found out about her and Arthur.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
        Yeah, the only important aspect of this episode was the cliff-hanger at the end.

Mordred's role in Arthur's destruction doesn't exactly fit how I thought it would all go down. Mordred didn't turn out to be this big bad monster that they seemed to portray with the younger version from seasons past. Seeing the preview from next episode, I felt a sense of deja vu...it's almost similar to what happened to Gwen when Uther found out about her and Arthur.
        I pretty much felt the same. this is not the ending i am expecting. This should have been more epic... Can't believe we are in end and story is fallen so bad.

Comment

Yeah, this season has been subpar. The fact is that the BBC cancelled the series. The writers weren't given another year to properly end the series, so we are left with something that will be rushed.

I can only image how they truly wanted to end the series. I'm sure Mordred's transformation into a villian would have happened through the course of 6th season and a possible 7th season to truly write an epic battle between Merlin, Mordred, Morgana and Arthur.

Comment

Its mainly becuase the thoughts have been pushed to make Merlin Triology movie, i am surprised that even actors were very enthu to shut the series down because they know that something big is on their way other wise they would have not supported shutting the show when its actually having its best.

I wouldn't be even suprised if they don't have merlin reveal his secret to Arthur, Perhaps they will spin off the series to movies and may be in the end of first movie they will have Arthur learn merlin's magic.

Comment

I thought this was a decent episode. There was an atmosphere of sadness and tragedy unfolding and I really liked that. Everything is changing, or coming to an end, if you will. I am also not disappointed in the treatment of Mordred's character, I like that he is ambiguous and it won't be a let-down if it takes a personal disaster to turn him against Arthur and Camelot. It's fascinating to me that, despite everything, Merlin has made every wrong move possible to ensure that Arthur's fate is sealed. I also liked the suggestion that Arthur is extremely happy in his personal life while there is great danger waiting to consume his kingdom. And finally, no matter what happens, there will not be any winners in this tale...there never has been and while I'm disappointed that the series is ending with season 5, it will be interesting to see how folks behind this version of the legend pull it off. Lastly, what's this about a Merlin trilogy movie?

Comment

So I thought this episode was kind of humdrum. We didn't actually achieve anything in this one (it was sort of pointless, in fact, IMO. No one gained or lost anything--except poor Acatha and Finna, I mean).

The picnic to start was cute. As was the whole breakfast in bed bit (love that Gwen knows Arthur didn't do it, Merlin did).

Gaius--I really thought he was right and that Finna was working for Morgana. I was sure Merlin was being stupid by going out to meet her. Instead, it's Merlin who turns out to be right.

Quick question--why didn't Acatha tear up or eat or somehow destroy that note from Finna? He must have known someone would find it in his cell. It seems stupid of him to have not gotten rid of it.

"Do not trust the druid boy", eh? Hmmm.

As soon as Finna asked for the sword I knew what she was going to do. But you would think that Morgana would have noticed that she (Finna) was not wounded before and realize she had had a companion.

The dragon. Ah, he's getting old and tired. But still coming to Merlin's rescue.

The face thing was kind of gross but it seems Morgana is finally ready to have her war (isn't she concerned about Emrys?).

So yeah, nothing much got resolved in this one.

Comment

I think it was just a set up to the last couple of episodes. Setting up a way and Mordrids possible killing of Arthur.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎