No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Vendetta?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Vendetta?"

It's already ended in Canada, so if you want to talk about this episode, have at it!
    10 - Awesome
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Part of a vendetta to make me hate this show.
    0%

Very good. Better than last week.

Comment

It was a really cool episode

The fight between the huntress/Arrow was epic
      Didnt care for the romance stuff, this episode could have been done without it.
      Im still pretty disappointed they are giving Laurel nothing but scenes of romance stuff. When is the character going to do something other than driving the love triangle?.. Damaged, innocent man, were ok for the character, she got to do some other things.
      I didnt agree with Diggle all through this, he was wrong, Oliver did the right thing trying to save Helena. Whether it would have worked or not thats what a hero does, he saved her in some way, even though she didnt entirely change.
      Smoak was a badass, walter shouldnt have treated her that way. He is the one who asked for the help.
      The double date was ok, awkward lol. Laurel is the only one who came out good in this though, she acted mature than all the others. Would have loved to see more helena/laurel interaction, like really foreshadowing something for future team ups.

solid episode: 8,5
      Last edited by MarvelXY; 12-05-2012, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Much, much better episode than last week. Watching this with Muse of Fire will feel like a Huntress movie. They captured her perfectly from the comics and I think she shined in this one a lot more and left the door open for a return down the line. Diggle was the voice of reason throughout the episode as he tries to tell Oliver that revenge-driven people like her may not want to change.

The double date was a foreshadow of Oliver/ Dinah, but also where Dinah meets Helena that would also foreshadow their working together as part of the Birds of Prey. That's if they go down that route for Dinah. At least, Oliver learned about Tommy's bank accounts being frozen and giving him a job for his family's company.

The other storyline has Walter asking Smoak for help concerning the books. This will likely play out in the next episode. Helena stole this episode big time. This will cause Oliver to rethink his crimefighting approaches, but he needs to wear a mask like Helena is doing.

Comment

I liked this episode thought it was pretty decent. My only real complaints was Helena seemed to be a little to emo at some points, and diggle was a little to quick to dismiss her. Sure diggle was right, but if they are trying to make the city and people better he should have been a little more willing to give her a chance at first. after all pretty much everyone ollie has "stopped" so far he has told them to change their ways or he'd come for them. Really like what walter is doing to looking forward to see how that pans out.

Comment

Helena. I must say, they really nailed her to perfection. Especially, in tonight's episode. I seen the Helena/Huntress from " Birds of Prey" and while I liked the version played there, this one in Arrow is much, much better. Tommy and Laurel are trying to carry on with their relationship, but it's clear as day that Laurel still has feelings for Oliver. Tommy had it right when he said it will always be Laurel and Oliver. But, the double date with Oliver/Helena and Tommy/Oliver was pretty cool. Just when Moria thinks she covered all of her bases about trust with Walter, he discovers the list. And more trouble if Oliver finds out about it. I really liked Diggle's relationship advice to Oliver and their sharing of a funny in the dinner. And finally, even though Thea had one small scene, I enjoyed it. She's freaking hot and I do want.

Oh and the fight scenes in the show up to this point have been superb. Tonight's fight scene between Oliver and Huntress was no different, awesome stuff.

Comment

Are there any similarities between Green Arrow/ Huntress and the movie version of Daredevil/ Elektra?

Comment

Originally posted by Blue screen of death
                I liked this episode thought it was pretty decent. My only real complaints was Helena seemed to be a little to emo at some points, and diggle was a little to quick to dismiss her. Sure diggle was right, but if they are trying to make the city and people better he should have been a little more willing to give her a chance at first. after all pretty much everyone ollie has "stopped" so far he has told them to change their ways or he'd come for them. Really like what walter is doing to looking forward to see how that pans out.
                ITA...At times her facial expressions or lack there of, just made me roll my eyes cause it would remind me of Kristen Stewart. I hope next time we see her, that part of her character will be improved.

Diggle though right did jump to conclusions about Helena without even knowing her.

I am liking where they're heading with Walter. Now he knows about the list of names. And his loving wife is hiding much more than a shipwreck.

Comment

Some parts I enjoyed, some not so much. The fight scenes were pretty good as were the scenes between Oliver and Diggle and Oliver and Tommy. The romantic stuff just felt like forced drama to me though. Helena goes from clearly enjoying Oliver's company and care to freaking out at the dinner table and saying she doesn't care about him at the end of the episode. Oliver's reaction after the dinner also seemed over the top a bit to me. Tommy and Laurel's issues seemed to be more organic, but like someone said, I wish they used Laurel in more ways than just this. For me, Felicity was yet again the most enjoyable female character in the episode.

Can't wait for next week's episode. The trailer looked very intriguing.

Comment

Any EP with Felicity Smoak gets bonus points...just love her. Another great EP. I was trying to give Helena a pass last week but this week again just not feeling the character...if she does return I'd like her to not be all over the place.

Comment

I liked it so I gave it a 10 but I'm an easy reviewer if I like it I give it a 10 if I don't like it I just look at the average and go with the average score as my score.

Comment

So is China White dead? Firefly's survival odds have just gotten lower. I hope Slade and Malcolm are a lot more... resilient.

I'm wondering if Huntress might actually be an enemy the next time she appears. She's still got her anger, she knows who Arrow is, and she's privy to the list; if she became the apprentice of a certain one-eyed mercenary, then she could do some serious damage.

Comment

I loved this episode.
                          I think we will be seeing more of Huntress, perhaps a team-up against The Big Bad by the end of the season!
                          She reminded me so much of TDKR's Catwoman that I'm sure we will be seeing her again- and sooner rather than later!
                          Very cool show. I am enjoying it immensely!
                          Jim

Comment

Originally posted by MarvelXY
                            It was a really cool episode

The fight between the huntress/Arrow was epic
                            Didnt care for the romance stuff, this episode could have been done without it.
                            Im still pretty disappointed they are giving Laurel nothing but scenes of romance stuff. When is the character going to do something other than driving the love triangle?.. Damaged, innocent man, were ok for the character, she got to do some other things.
                            I didnt agree with Diggle all through this, he was wrong, Oliver did the right thing trying to save Helena. Whether it would have worked or not thats what a hero does, he saved her in some way, even though she didnt entirely change.
                            Smoak was a badass, walter shouldnt have treated her that way. He is the one who asked for the help.
                            The double date was ok, awkward lol. Laurel is the only one who came out good in this though, she acted mature than all the others. Would have loved to see more helena/laurel interaction, like really foreshadowing something for future team ups.

solid episode: 8,5
                            Totally disagree with the Laural thing - she set it all up. She hurt both Helena and Tommy with some sort of game she seemed to be playing. Push Tommy and not care about his feelings. Play with Ollie in front of a new girl who was more fragile then she realized. I'm not one for all the romance - but I have to say it really tugs at me and keeps me interested. I just hope they won't do too much because to me that stuff isn't fun. Over all though it was a fun episode - one of the best. I just wish Ollie wasn't alone again. I really like the Amazing Spiderman and how they handled that love story - it was fun and without all that angst to take away from the superhero story. I hope they do something more like that.

Comment

This episode could've started the downfall of Tommy Merlyn, but I guess it would've been too soon for that to happen. It's best for Tommy and Oliver to have hugged it out, but who knows what will happen in a couple of seasons. Just hope it doesn't feel like the Clark, Lex and Lana triangle but it just being Ollie, Tommy and Laurel.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎