No announcement yet.

Amber Benson in Global Frequency?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amber Benson in Global Frequency?

I'm a fan of Amber Benson...and not just because of her role in Buffy; she was also excellent in "Cold Case" and the movie "Chance" (which she also wrote & directed). She's also done sterling work in other movies and shows... in my honest opinion, she's one of the most underrated actors around.

Amber was going to be called to do an audition for Global Frequency...the creator specifically wanted Amber for one particular role.. but for some reason, one or more executives at WB blocked it because they don't like Amber!!!

We need to get WB to understand what that means.. they are going to lose Amber's fans! They need reminding just what a large proportion of the Buffy audience stopped watching when Tara was killed.... and WB also need to know that Amber would be perfect for the role she's up for in Global Frequency.

Email WB! Phone WB! Send them letters! Post this information on the internet in as many places as you can!

BTW.. this information came to me from an Industry Insider..
    Last edited by Vampire Parrot; 07-20-2004, 03:42 PM.

If this indeed the case, that is really too bad. Amber would bring a whole lot of new viewers to Global Frequency who might not watch otherwise.

I'll see if I hear anything, too... I hope some WB exec may be reading or something, and encourage Amber's fans to post here. Amber is a great actress, and if she was blacklisted just because she played a lesbian witch or whatever, that is so silly, because she's an *actress.* It was a role she played. And really, I think she'd be likeable in any role.

-- Craig
    Webmaster

Comment

yes Amber would be great in this, and she's a great actress. i really hope the WB comes to there senses and lets Amber be on the show.

Comment

Words can't express how strongly I agree with this sentiment. Amber Benson is truly an incredible talent, and for the execs at WB not to recognize this, much less to block her AUDITION for a part is an absolute crime!

Comment

I think this is the most incredibly narrow minded thing I have ever heard. If a person plays a part so well that makes you believe that is the person they are that should be a credit to their career. Amber is one of the most talented individuals I have ever encountered and I hope that someone will wake up and get a life because this is beyond ridiculus!

Comment

Amber needs to get this chance. She is an amazing, wonderful and talented actress. And not giving her this chance, cause she played a lesbian is really stupid and narrow minded.

PLEASE WAKE UP AND GIVE HER THAT CHANCE.

*lilīc*

Comment

Amber Benson isn't just a great actress but a multi talented artist who writes, directs and produces her own projects. Take Chance for example and Ghosts of Albion, an animated project she co-wrote and directed with Christopher Golden for the BBC. It is really stupid and narrow-minded of that WB executive not to let her audition. Amber will light up any screen with her smile and grace.

Comment

Brainiac

I've met Amber on a number of occasions, I've videoed her at various talks she's given, attended a filmmaker's seminar she was on the panel of, and discussed filmmaking, directing and writing with her. She's one of the smartest people I've ever met.

One of the (many) reasons Amber would be right for the role of Kate is that when a role requires it, she lets her intelligence shine through into the part she's playing.

James

Comment

One of the (many) reasons Amber would be right for the role of Kate is that when a role requires it, she lets her intelligence shine through into the part she's playing.
                  dito

Amber is an amazing young actress with an intelligence others only could dream of.

*lilīc*

Comment

Just to clarify one point : the idea that this veto was due to Amber having played a lesbian on Buffy is just speculation.

James

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎